Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
He went full retard in gd
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:16:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrewc_c] [#2]
Attachment Attached File

Current belt setup for work.

Blue Alpha Gear Belt

Nite-ize S-beaner which sometimes has gloves hanging from it, sometimes it doesn’t. In this photo it doesn’t.

Esstac Kywi pistol + rifle combo. Which I hate but I couldn’t find a single mid rifle kywi pouch around me and I left all my other ones elsewhere.

Spiritus Systems JSTA pouch

AXL micro high top half zipper insert

AXL chem light insert

Tactical Tailor dump pouch

Coyote Tactical STOMP

Shotgun retention magnet

True North Concepts MHA

Safariland 6390RDS

ALS nub mod
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stoner01:
He went full retard in gd
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got one of these in:  https://darkangelmedical.com/s-p-e-a-r-trauma-kit/

They're having a sale, 15% Off right now and keep in mind you can use your HSA/FSA on them to upgrade your belt.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

They're having a sale, 15% Off right now and keep in mind you can use your HSA/FSA on them to upgrade your belt.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20220807-140944_Samsung_Inter-2480595.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20220807-140921_Samsung_Inter-2480596.jpg
View Quote

Except for the compression bandage (normally $8iirc) every thing else on that list comes to $88.74 on NAR.

Is that pouch a $105 pouch? I know it says not available as a standalone pouch but that seems a bit much.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:26:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhiskersTheCat] [#6]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Except for the compression bandage (normally $8iirc) every thing else on that list comes to $88.74 on NAR.

Is that pouch a $105 pouch? I know it says not available as a standalone pouch but that seems a bit much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20220807-140944_Samsung_Inter-2480595.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20220807-140921_Samsung_Inter-2480596.jpg

It's pretty nice, like esstac tier but honestly not really. The elastic is nice and tight as well.

They do replace your stuff for free if you need to use it though, which is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Also thought it was pretty high.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:50:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:

I keep my Esstac belt hanging with a wilder tactical “urban assault belt pad” attached to the velcro so I can grab it and go without the inner belt.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-423klbo1ne/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/143/895/UA_Pad_BK1__91005.1630012187.jpg?c=1

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82036/image-2469127.jpg
View Quote

I do the same but with a cheaper pad that came off of Tacticon belt. It works great with the no slip pad.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:52:53 AM EDT
[#9]

He ain't gonna reply. He banned
View Quote

Yeah what happened?? Can anyone tell if it's the Eagle Industries Operator belt?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:03:11 AM EDT
[#10]

He ain't gonna reply. He banned
View Quote

Nevermind. My retarded ass just saw where you answered. I'm slow, but catching up. Lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:43:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tuckfinn35] [#11]
I have a long way to go obviously.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:19:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tuckfinn35:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462313/IMG_20220804_131447_2_jpg-2481335.JPG
View Quote

You're still better off than a lot of other folks. Just a suggestion but I would replace that Serpa with a Safariland duty type.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:06:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#13]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462313/IMG_20220804_131447_2_jpg-2481335.JPG
View Quote

Blue might not go over well in a training setting, usually a color set aside for inert/simulation rounds.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:

You're still better off than a lot of other folks. Just a suggestion but I would replace that Serpa with a Safariland duty type.
View Quote

Oh yeah!! I definitely plan on doing that. In the process of figuring that world out. There are sooo many ways you can go. I know sort of what I want just not how to get there. I know the Sherpa catches a lot crap but I love it for the application it was built for (OWB for EDC or plain clothes but I only carry like that in the woods) I carry conceal every other situation. I've owned guns for a long time, I grew up with them being from the country and I'm 43 now,  but just now dipping into the "battle belt" world. I think I've narrowed down the Safariland holster I want and I think I want a True North set up but very ignorant still in all that comes between the two (marrying them together) and somewhat still ignorant on finish making a pick on the holster. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:

Blue might not go over well in a training setting, usually a color set aside for inert/simulation rounds.
View Quote

That's good sound advise that I have never thought of because I've never used simulation rounds before. Makes perfect sense, but man it works good for marking my mags. Thank you for the advise, my friend!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#16]

That's good sound advise that I have never thought of because I've never used simulation rounds before. Makes perfect sense, but man it works good for marking my mags. Thank you for the advise, my friend!!
View Quote

Switch to a different bright color. Simple easy fix
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]

I have a new IFAK in the truck with a TQ.

I have TCCC on Wednesday for a tune up it has been a long time.

I use this Blackhawk because I can use it with multiple guns and it is very smooth.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Switch to a different bright color. Simple easy fix
View Quote

Thank you. Like I said makes sense, just never thought of it from lack of of experience with simulation rounds. Any advice on a better holster would be much appreciated too as I'm very ignorant in duty/ competition/ tactical holster setups that are perfect for "battle belt" setups.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255381/B6111ED7-F363-4F54-A01C-01B22DF02788-2482361.jpg

I have a new IFAK in the truck with a TQ.

I have TCCC on Wednesday for a tune up it has been a long time.

I use this Blackhawk because I can use it with multiple guns and it is very smooth.
View Quote

What Blackhawk is that and what is used from holster to where it is attached to belt?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#20]

What Blackhawk is that and what is used from holster to where it is attached to belt?
View Quote

Omnivore, it uses a thumb release and is pretty secure.  I guess like any plastic you could twist the gun crazy hard to get it out.  It locks to a tab you put on your pic rail.  I just take the tab off when my Sig is on the nightstand, like most of the time, because I put an OLIGHT Mini on it.  

I modded a Safariland drop leg to mount it.  I may go with a Safariland holster in the future and like the option to switch in the future.  

Blackhawk makes an Omnivore that latches to a TLR-1 but I don't like the light because it isn't rechargeable.  

Note the little tab.  It may look wonky but it works pretty good from my experience.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Omnivore, it uses a thumb release and is pretty secure.  I guess like any plastic you could twist the gun crazy hard to get it out.  It locks to a tab you put on your pic rail.  I just take the tab off when my Sig is on the nightstand, like most of the time, because I put an OLIGHT Mini on it.  

I modded a Safariland drop leg to mount it.  I may go with a Safariland holster in the future and like the option to switch in the future.  

Blackhawk makes an Omnivore that latches to a TLR-1 but I don't like the light because it isn't rechargeable.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255381/2E8E5E22-E2D3-4A0F-A9B7-CFC37BC2BBBA-2423092.jpg

Note the little tab.  It may look wonky but it works pretty good from my experience.
View Quote

Yes I'm a huge fan of the rechargeable too. Brighter and longer run times over batteries. Thank you for the good info on your holster. It really helps a guy that's so lost and used to carrying conceal 95% percent of the time but wanting to dabble more in the other realm of range shooting and possibly competition shooting even if I'm only competing against my own time and honing my skills. Thank you very much!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:21:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Yes. It'll work on any holster with the Safariland hole pattern. Unscrew the holster from the belt mount. Fork goes on holster, plate goes on belt mount. Profit
View All Quotes

So other than a holster, that's it, just plug and play so to speak?

Yes. It'll work on any holster with the Safariland hole pattern. Unscrew the holster from the belt mount. Fork goes on holster, plate goes on belt mount. Profit

I'm learning so much from you guys about holsters but need to learn more. Just started down the "battle belt" rabbit hole. Anymore info from start (where it fastens to belt, how and with what) walking me all the way down through the als? System to finish with being best Safariland holster for G19. Thank so much!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:23:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tuckfinn35] [#23]

View All Quotes

So other than a holster, that's it, just plug and play so to speak?

As you can see I have a long ways to go. I've got better belt than pictured... Just got in an Eagle Industries Operator belt in multicam. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

This is the only close shot I have at the moment but you thread the Safariland deop and offset onto your belt. You put the female qls plate on that and the male on the holster...
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#25]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/284414/20191102_163059_jpg-2482642.JPG
This is the only close shot I have at the moment but you thread the Safariland deop and offset onto your belt. You put the female qls plate on that and the male on the holster...
View Quote

Yep, and I pin the thigh strap between the drop platform and the QLS plate. Works great.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Thank you so much!!! I think I know what you mean. I'll have to look up the drop and offset to see what that is but this was very helpful. Thank you for educating the ignorant!! Lol much appreciated. I'd like to find a shot of what's going on in the back. But I'm sure Google had it now that I have the terminology to search for it. Thanks again, my friend!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

Yep, and I pin the thigh strap between the drop platform and the QLS plate. Works great.
View Quote

Thank you very much for the info! You guys are awesome and helpful for an ignorant fool like myself wanting to learn.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Thank you very much for the info! You guys are awesome and helpful for an ignorant fool like myself wanting to learn.
View Quote

One suggestion.

Move away from a SERPA to a thumb release design.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#30]

One suggestion.

Move away from a SERPA to a thumb release design.
View Quote

+2
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:03:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#31]

Thank you so much!!! I think I know what you mean. I'll have to look up the drop and offset to see what that is but this was very helpful. Thank you for educating the ignorant!! Lol much appreciated. I'd like to find a shot of what's going on in the back. But I'm sure Google had it now that I have the terminology to search for it. Thanks again, my friend!!
View All Quotes

Drop refers to how low/high your holster sits on your belt. The top holster is on a mid-ride(drop) mount. The bottom holster is on a high ride mount. High ride puts the grip above the belt, mid ride puts the grip a little below the belt.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I used my rig at belt height and one match taught me from the safety standpoint you want a drop leg design. Not for the draw nearly as much as the reholstering of the gun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm working on upping my gear game, and will be getting a newer style battle belt to replace my old school DAA competition belt. I'm learning towards Blue Alpha because they are locally sourced and well priced, and I can get the size changed after the fact if I need to. (I'm currently mostly done losing weight but still just a little to go).

Is there any reason to get the more expensive MOLLE version vs the basic inner/outer version? I have a safariland drop holster with leg attachment, Esstac Double Pistol mag, HSGI taco(s) light and multi tool, and an AR mag pouch TBD. Happy to use one-wrap so it seems the external molle is not a need in this case?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatBag] [#34]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
I'm working on upping my gear game, and will be getting a newer style battle belt to replace my old school DAA competition belt. I'm learning towards Blue Alpha because they are locally sourced and well priced, and I can get the size changed after the fact if I need to. (I'm currently mostly done losing weight but still just a little to go).

Is there any reason to get the more expensive MOLLE version vs the basic inner/outer version? I have a safariland drop holster with leg attachment, Esstac Double Pistol mag, HSGI taco(s) light and multi tool, and an AR mag pouch TBD. Happy to use one-wrap so it seems the external molle is not a need in this case?
View Quote

Unless you have a specific need to attach something to the micro pals, I would get the pal-less version. I can't imagine them being a hindrance, I just think it looks better without them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I used my rig at belt height and one match taught me from the safety standpoint you want a drop leg design. Not for the draw nearly as much as the reholstering of the gun.
View Quote

You’re gonna have to explain how reholstering into a setup where your holster location in relation to your hand and torso changes constantly is safer than reholstering into a setup where your holster is in a fixed location.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:35:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#36]
Originally Posted By demoMouse:

You’re gonna have to explain how reholstering into a setup where your holster location in relation to your hand and torso changes constantly is safer than reholstering into a setup where your holster is in a fixed location.
View Quote

When holstering a full size gun at waist height you will tend to turn the barrel tip in toward your body.  This is because you are forced to pull your arm higher and have more bend in your elbow.  With a drop leg holster your arm and bend at the elbow is less acute and this tendency is mitigated.  Yes, you can train out of this but take a conscience move versus the instinctive move with a lower holster.

One trick I was taught was to always lower your gun to ride the outside of the holster and draw up with the barrel next to the holster, then go down to insert into the holster.  I will video it later in the week to demonstrate.  

If you do the barrel next to the holster, up and then down it is impossible to point the barrel at your body.

Most NDs happen going in a holster, not coming out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Drop leg as in a thigh rig or mid or lowride belt mount?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#38]
If an ND is your worry during the reholster, well there's a cure for that with this if you're carrying a Glock.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Drop leg as in a thigh rig or mid or lowride belt mount?
View Quote

Technically mid.

If you go way down on your thigh it gets silly and in the way.

For me the grip is just about even with the belt.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#40]
If an ND is your worry during the reholster, well there's a cure for that with this if you're carrying a Glock.
View Quote

Not a worry but is well known that NDs happen most often when reholstering.

The mistake I was making was pointed out to me. I didn’t even realize I was doing it. A retired marine pointed it out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Technically mid.

If you go way down on your thigh it gets silly and in the way.

For me the grip is just about even with the belt.
View Quote

Might want to specify that next time
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#42]

The mistake I was making was pointed out to me. I didn’t even realize I was doing it. A retired marine pointed it out.
View All Quotes

This makes me think of that LV cop who had either an ND or an AD and was caught on video as he was finishing at an indoor range with a G43. Never knew why it happened just thought it was maybe the fabric or him just being too complacent about it without first checking.

I'm going to order that safety endplate, the G45 has booted my G17 as my secondary and nightstand pistol. I should not be complacent either and thanks for the safety reminder.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Finally got a new holster that works with my Glock 19 or Arex Delta. Works great with my tlr-1hl and pretty good with the tlr-7 (it wiggles just a little bit with the 7)
Too bad it doesn’t quite fit my p80 and since it fits the other two, I doubt I’ll modify it to make it work.

I don’t particularly care for the mid drop as it feels like it would really dig into my hip over the course of a day.  When I get time, I’ll switch it to a higher belt mount and see if I prefer that.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:20:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatBag] [#44]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:
Finally got a new holster that works with my Glock 19 or Arex Delta. Works great with my tlr-1hl and pretty good with the tlr-7 (it wiggles just a little bit with the 7)
Too bad it doesn’t quite fit my p80 and since it fits the other two, I doubt I’ll modify it to make it work.

I don’t particularly care for the mid drop as it feels like it would really dig into my hip over the course of a day.  When I get time, I’ll switch it to a higher belt mount and see if I prefer that.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82036/9FCA56BB-F2D6-49C2-8F27-63991C0A42D3-2483543.jpg

View Quote

I've heard good things about this holster pad. Thinking of getting one myself.

https://www.qoreperformance.com/collections/holster/products/iceventsaero-holster-pad
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Here is my setup that is a work in progress.  After laying it all out it looks like I need another belt to run my Scorpion unless I want to have to swap pouches out.    I love the Esstac suppressor holder that fits my YHM Resonator K almost perfectly.  I had to add a small piece of Velcro so the flap closes.  I really wish I could find one just like it for my TiRant 45 and Obsidian 45 and 9.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#46]
New multi tool / light pouch added.  Think I'm pretty much set.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QNQbs7DpQGniFZvv7
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#47]
Originally Posted By Nightstalker32:
New multi tool / light pouch added.  Think I'm pretty much set.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QNQbs7DpQGniFZvv7
View Quote

Let me help with that.

What the, it shows up when previewed but not when posted??

Sorry man, I tried
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Lol. Yeah no idea.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Y'all are killing me.  LOL
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#50]
In your opinion, what is the most rigid way to attach things to a molle belt? Like the orion from trex arms (that's the highest on my list)
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top