BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 153
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dnmccoy:
I tried searching but can someone link me to the little beener type things to hold gloves on your belt?
View Quote

Just search small carabiner there is a bunch out there
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I used something like these clips and attached it to my belt with some velcro loop.  Works great.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Lest match i needed 40 rounds so I either need to up my marksmanship or get another speed loader pouch
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
@dnmccoy

I started with a Petzl carabiner, ended up with this -

XTACER Tactical Molle Key Ring
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:
@dnmccoy

I started with a Petzl carabiner, ended up with this -

XTACER Tactical Molle Key Ring
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Recently ordered some kywi pouches to update my belt, and decided to try a Soileater TQ holder too. My first experience with them. My belt is a HSGI cobra with loop that I pair with a micro pad with hook. I discovered after placing the order that the Soileater is set up with opposite Velcro, so I shot off an email to see if I could just flip it inside out. First, I sent the email last night at 10ish pm, and the owner responded to me by 8am this morning, and it’s Sunday. Second, I could run it inside out, but he said he would rather I just send him my order number so he could sew me one with the hook and loop reversed for no extra charge.

That’s some impressive CS for a $30 TQ holder. That outfit deserved a post at the very least.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dnmccoy:
I tried searching but can someone link me to the little beener type things to hold gloves on your belt?
View Quote
You are looking for a Grimlock.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Soft T sheath, t-rex dump pouch, blowout bleeder pouch and tall taco for my 9p surefire.

What else am I missing?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Soft T sheath, t-rex dump pouch, blowout bleeder pouch and tall taco for my 9p surefire.

What else am I missing?
View Quote

Sounds about right to me
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:10:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk_Wylde_470] [#10]
Got my Volund Gearworks setup. Holy mother of god this thing is stiff, makes my old Wilderness Instructor belts feel like a wet noodle

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:18:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TrueAt1stLight] [#11]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
one is a 6390rds for an fn509T and one is a 6392rds for glocks , the 6392rds is the same as 6390rds but with a higher ride height

View Quote
@1iviper the 6390rds you have for your 509T, do you have the threaded barrel in your pistol? It doesn't offer that as an option on the Safariland website- only shows the regular 509 with the 4" barrel and I'm wondering if you modded your holster or if I'm not looking at the right one.

Also does your pistol have suppressor height sights mounted? I'm sure it does as it's the Tactical. Does that holster need to be modified for those sights to clear? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TrueAt1stLight:
@1iviper the 6390rds you have for your 509T, do you have the threaded barrel in your pistol? It doesn't offer that as an option on the Safariland website- only shows the regular 509 with the 4" barrel and I'm wondering if you modded your holster or if I'm not looking at the right one.

Also does your pistol have suppressor height sights mounted? I'm sure it does as it's the Tactical. Does that holster need to be modified for those sights to clear? Thanks!
View Quote
yes on the threaded barrel and factory suppressor sights.  that is the holster for the regular fn509 , safariland part # 6390rds-2702-701 , right handed muticam cordura

safariland 6390rds holsters will work with suppressor height sights without any modification.  since safariland doesn't make holsters for threaded barrels you'll either need to remove the barrel plug or modify it by shortening it.  there will be a tiny bit of "play" with the gun holstered with the barrel plug removed , it doesn't affect the retention and really isn't worth messing with.  but , i have a hard time leaving perfectly good functioning things alone so i cut/filed the barrel plug down to fit the barrel.  it locks in with no play now

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
yes on the threaded barrel and factory suppressor sights.  that is the holster for the regular fn509 , safariland part # 6390rds-2702-701 , right handed muticam cordura

safariland 6390rds holsters will work with suppressor height sights without any modification.  since safariland doesn't make holsters for threaded barrels you'll either need to remove the barrel plug or modify it by shortening it.  there will be a tiny bit of "play" with the gun holstered with the barrel plug removed , it doesn't affect the retention and really isn't worth messing with.  but , i have a hard time leaving perfectly good functioning things alone so i cut/filed the barrel plug down to fit the barrel.  it locks in with no play now

View Quote
Thanks very much!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#14]
It ain't much, but it's honest kit!

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Red2Golf:

https://i.ibb.co/8N9Ns1B/belt.jpg
View Quote

Perfect setup.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:43:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GTRider245] [#16]

- HSGI Suregrip slotted outer belt
- HSGI cobra inner belt
- HSGI pistol taco x 2
- HSGI M3T IFAK, CAT x 2
- HSGI rifle taco
- Safariland 6354DO, mid rise QLS fork/mount
- Factory dark earth Glock 22 w/ factory extended dark earth Delta/CAG 17 round magazines
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know which Esstac pistol mag pouch would be ideal for the FN 509 Tactical 24 round extended mags? I was all set to buy the lower profile ones and then saw the mid length option which they indicate is better for the 24-33 round Glock mags. Also could use some feedback on a good all-purpose pouch and/or dump pouch.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know which Esstac pistol mag pouch would be ideal for the FN 509 Tactical 24 round extended mags? I was all set to buy the lower profile ones and then saw the mid length option which they indicate is better for the 24-33 round Glock mags. Also could use some feedback on a good all-purpose pouch and/or dump pouch.
View Quote

I'd go with the smg pouches it's not a real big difference if you're worried about it. I've done two gun with 33rnd Glock mags and they didn't come out with the regular sized ones though.

Dump pouch wise I have a Maxpedition and it works for me
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Never even owned a FN pistol but I'd go for the midlength gap if I were you.
I was looking at the ATS Slimline and BFG Tenspeed myself during Cyber Monday. Both hard to beat for <$45.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Honestly it depends. It would depend on the actual length of the mag.

Example: My 19X/P-09 obviously fit the standard ones great. The 19X/P-09 mags with extensions fit great as well because it is not changing the length of the mag that goes into the pouch.

Now my 3.8 xdm was different. The pinky extensions on a standard mag made the effective length shorter. It still worked, but not great.

Hope that helps explain. Your actual extension should not go into the pouch.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I figured this would add some knowledge to the hive...

Just received a Grey Ghost Gear UGF (Unicorn GunFighter Belt) today. It appears as though GGG is on a newer revision of their battle belt due to the size and spacing of the MOLLE webbing. Older versions of this belt had 1 inch strips of MOLLE at the top and bottom, leaving 1/2" in the center. Older versions also had the strap end routed outboard, which had the potential for interfering with attaching items (see pic).

Old belt:
Attachment Attached File

New belt:
Attachment Attached File

The version of the belt that I received has the more popular 1/2" strips of MOLLE at the top and bottom with a 1" clean section across the centerline. Attaching gear securely should not be a problem. The 2" outer belt is made from two strips of SCUBA webbing, is very stiff and stitching fit/finish is excellent.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Outer belt is lined on the inside with 1.75" hook side Velcro which runs the entire length of the belt. Another cool feature is that they routed the belt end inboard and sewed hook side Velcro on one side and loop side on the other. This means that after properly fitting the belt, the entire 1.75" wide hook section near the end of the belt is 100% functional. You don't loose any "grabbing/holding" ability due to the belt end being routed inside. This makes for a cleaner belt on the outside as well.

Attachment Attached File

The UGF uses a a COBRA Pro Style 25mm buckle so it can be routed through 1.5" loops and will be a bit more comfortable when bending/crouching for some.

Attachment Attached File

The 1.5" inner belt looks to be made of a fabric bonded to a neoprene-like closed cell foam with loop side Velcro on the outside and includes three suspender tabs along the top. It fits through standard 1.5" belt loops (although you have to coax the suspender tabs through). The padding is comfortable and somewhat grippy when tightened down.

Attachment Attached File

Continued in next post...

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#22]
cont...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Inner belt is somewhat adjustable due to its attachment mechanism and it looks like you'll have 2-4" worth of waist sizes to stay within. Inner belt also has loop side Velcro on the outside of the tightening strap so it too will be 100% "functional/grippy" when tightened down.

Attachment Attached File

With thin and light battle belts being all the rage these days, I think the GGG UGF is worthy of consideration. It appears to check most of the boxes. That said, this one is going on EE as I ordered the wrong size.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
I figured this would add some knowledge to the hive...

Just received a Grey Ghost Gear UGF (Unicorn GunFighter Belt) today. It appears as though GGG is on a newer revision of their battle belt due to the size and spacing of the MOLLE webbing. Older versions of this belt had 1 inch strips of MOLLE at the top and bottom, leaving 1/2" in the center. Older versions also had the strap end routed outboard, which had the potential for interfering with attaching items (see pic).

Old belt:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2020-12-04_152500_png-1714724.JPG

New belt:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200504287_jpg-1714784.JPG

The version of the belt that I received has the more popular 1/2" strips of MOLLE at the top and bottom with a 1" clean section across the centerline. Attaching gear securely should not be a problem. The 2" outer belt is made from two strips of SCUBA webbing, is very stiff and stitching fit/finish is excellent.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200602301_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714787.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200658749_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714789.JPG

Outer belt is lined on the inside with 1.75" hook side Velcro which runs the entire length of the belt. Another cool feature is that they routed the belt end inboard and sewed hook side Velcro on one side and loop side on the other. This means that after properly fitting the belt, the entire 1.75" wide hook section near the end of the belt is 100% functional. You don't loose any "grabbing/holding" ability due to the belt end being routed inside. This makes for a cleaner belt on the outside as well.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200636619_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714790.JPG

The UGF uses a a COBRA Pro Style 25mm buckle so it can be routed through 1.5" loops and will be a bit more comfortable when bending/crouching for some.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200531014_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714807.JPG

The 1.5" inner belt looks to be made of a fabric bonded to a neoprene-like closed cell foam with loop side Velcro on the outside and includes three suspender tabs along the top. It fits through standard 1.5" belt loops (although you have to coax the suspender tabs through). The padding is comfortable and somewhat grippy when tightened down.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200939208_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714834.JPG

Continued in next post...

View Quote
They made the change at least a year or so back, as my UGF is then newer version. My only complaint is the inner belt adjustability (that small section). I bought an Esstac inner belt to replace it and good to go.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I want to be able to use my belt with a 1911 and a Glock 22.  I know I can set up the holsters with the Safariland QLS system, but as far as I can tell I'm stuck threading my Esstac mag-pouches on and off for the different magazines.  My belt is a 2" Atlas Duty Belt belt from Volund Gearworks.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
I want to be able to use my belt with a 1911 and a Glock 22.  I know I can set up the holsters with the Safariland QLS system, but as far as I can tell I'm stuck threading my Esstac mag-pouches on and off for the different magazines.  My belt is a 2" Atlas Duty Belt belt from Volund Gearworks.  Any suggestions?
View Quote

Hsgi belt mount tacos... you're welcome
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That looks like a good solution but I already have an Esstac pouch for my 1911 mags...  Do you have to adjust the Taco for each mag type or can the single-stack/double-stack mags be inserted interchangeably?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#27]

That looks like a good solution but I already have an Esstac pouch for my 1911 mags...  Do you have to adjust the Taco for each mag type or can the single-stack/double-stack mags be inserted interchangeably?
View Quote

You can use both. It's just shock cord if you need to adjust.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Red2Golf:
View Quote

Looks sound to me. Mine is not much different.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I once made a video of me doing 10 cartwheels with one of my belts on with tacos. All 3 18rd m9 mags stayed put, same with 2 magpul p40s.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I once made a video of me doing 10 cartwheels with one of my belts on with tacos. All 3 18rd m9 mags stayed put, same with 2 magpul p40s.
View Quote

I used to have a few, but sold them to a buddy when the shit started.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#32]
cont...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200810291_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714845.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200953215_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714847.JPG

Inner belt is somewhat adjustable due to its attachment mechanism and it looks like you'll have 2-4" worth of waist sizes to stay within. Inner belt also has loop side Velcro on the outside of the tightening strap so it too will be 100% "functional/grippy" when tightened down.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200741423_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714843.JPG

With thin and light battle belts being all the rage these days, I think the GGG UGF is worthy of consideration. It appears to check most of the boxes. That said, this one is going on EE as I ordered the wrong size.
View Quote

I have the older version. No problems weaving molle, its just tight. I got mine when a retailer was clearancing them for about $50 on ebay.

Mine was too large. I ended up shortening the inner belt and out belt and reattached the buckles. I have an industrial sewing machine. Now it has enough adjustment in it to fit summer clothes and winter clothes.
Thats actually why I like the strap on the outside, I can grab and go and cinch it up in a hurry no matter what I'm wearing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

AWS SMU belt

Safariland with QLS, Soileater bmth, gcode softshell scorpions for rifle and pistol, done.

Med is on carrier and in fanny pack, no unnecessary stuff for my use.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

I'll be the odd man out.  You don't want any of them.

Keep the belt lightweight and low profile, as not to interfere with your PC.  You've already got four mags, three on your PC and one in the rifle. If that's not going to solve your problem, one more on your belt isn't.

And no doubt, probably a pretty unpopular opinion in this thread.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
I’ve got a tall triple kiwi panel for my PC, and a double 1911 gap pouch for my belt, in my cart at Esstac. Which single m4 pouch do I want for my belt? Shorty, mid, or tall??

I'll be the odd man out.  You don't want any of them.

Keep the belt lightweight and low profile, as not to interfere with your PC.  You've already got four mags, three on your PC and one in the rifle. If that's not going to solve your problem, one more on your belt isn't.

And no doubt, probably a pretty unpopular opinion in this thread.  

I'd argue back that it is more about being able to reach a mag while you are prone or in other positions where the chest rig does not serve you well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Greenspan:

I'd argue back that it is more about being able to reach a mag while you are prone or in other positions where the chest rig does not serve you well.
View Quote

This, and to have an extra mag available if you don't have your plate carrier on.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Crye MRB with COBRA buckle added
Snap link with flex-cuffs
Eagle FB pistol mag pouch
Rifle Fast Mag
Eagle pistol pouch with Gerber multi-tool
First Spear dump pouch
Paraclete bang pouch
First Spear cuff pouch
Safariland 6354DO on CUBL & QLS with Nub mod
EZ8 shell caddy with RA green caps

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SSGJAYP_B4:
Crye MRB with COBRA buckle added
Snap link with flex-cuffs
Eagle FB pistol mag pouch
Rifle Fast Mag
Eagle pistol pouch with Gerber multi-tool
First Spear dump pouch
Paraclete bang pouch
First Spear cuff pouch
EZ8 shell caddy with RA green caps

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1891/InkedIMG_9419_LI_jpg-1719446.JPG
View Quote

Whats the CUBL and Nub mod?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Harv24:

Whats the CUBL and Nub mod?
View Quote

Nub mod = https://store.otdefense.com/products/als-nub-mod-black

Attachment Attached File

CUBL = https://safariland.com/products/cubl-vertical-belt-loop

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me brother...
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Harv24:
Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me brother...
View Quote

I think the nub has limited benefits for most of their holsters but it is well worth the price on their 1911 holsters.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:33:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Personally I think the Gcode holster release is titts compared to spending extra money to extend a Safariland but I'm a dumbass redneck and I don't kow nuffin................Have both btw
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:07:05 AM EDT
[#43]
cont...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200810291_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714845.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200953215_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714847.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201204_200741423_PORTRAIT_jpg-1714843.JPG

View Quote

Thanks for the info. I was looking hard at these recently but couldn’t pull the trigger based on the reviews of sizing. Was your medium too small? I fluctuate between 34-36” waist and couldn’t determine if a M or L would fit best.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DRJH1999:

Thanks for the info. I was looking hard at these recently but couldn’t pull the trigger based on the reviews of sizing. Was your medium too small? I fluctuate between 34-36” waist and couldn’t determine if a M or L would fit best.
View Quote

The M would fit you. Sending IM.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Minuteman556:
Glock 17 Gen 4
Eagle Industries Pistol Belt
Blackhawk T-Series L2D
HSGI Taco Rifle/Pistol Mag Pouch
Maxpedition Dump Pouch
USGI Canteen and Pouch
RFTQ (Rapid Field Tourniquet) Ratcheting TQ

https://i.imgur.com/Ww6lQ4j.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5jUEmGH.jpg
View Quote

that ratchet looks like it would tie down a bleeder in a FL hurricane
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hellishhorses] [#46]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:
https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1163432/fullsize/95cbafcb00bf42e8b3811db1c24bea55.jpeg

- HSGI Suregrip slotted outer belt
- HSGI cobra inner belt
- HSGI pistol taco x 2
- HSGI M3T IFAK, CAT x 2
- HSGI rifle taco
- Safariland 6354DO, mid rise QLS fork/mount
- Factory dark earth Glock 22 w/ factory extended dark earth Delta/CAG 17 round magazines
View Quote

Refreshing to see someone else with their rifle mag on the "wrong" side. Yours is backwards, though.

Did you get shot in the eye too?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Well, if you used color appropriate ones they would look better
In all seriousness,  I have been looking for a better way to mount my sog seal pup to my belt that isnt the pos molle sheath it came in. Better yet, I just need a better knife for my belt
View Quote

the esee 3 is tek-lok'd to my imtv so tight - I can't get it off.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Agreed, let's get this back on track
https://i.imgur.com/dc4gMkmr.jpg

How are y'all mounting knives to your belts? Zip ties are plenty secure but look like trash
View Quote

is that factory coat on your cz? looks so glossy...
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Really like this Arbor Arms belt. Can't wait to get home and actually use it. Not sure about the BFG micro trauma now though...it's so damn tight I can barely get stuff in there. I know there'd be no way to get it back in there without taking the belt off if I ever needed it. Any suggestions?

https://i.ibb.co/sWDGSgD/20200116-193649.jpg
View Quote

I also am having bfg micro trauma issues.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By hellishhorses:

Refreshing to see someone else with their rifle mag on the "wrong" side. Yours is backwards, though.

Did you get shot in the eye too?
View Quote

I am way left eye dominant and do everything else right handed. Eye issues from when I was a kid.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top