BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Let's talk med pouches (Page 8 of 10)
Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By bigsapper:
I'm looking for the pouch dimensions. I need to know if certain items I want to store in it will fit.

what are you trying to put in it? I've got an h bandage, a 6" izzie, a 4" izzie, quikclot gauze, compressed gauze, bolin, 14ga catheter, duct tape, a gi triangular bandage and a few other things in it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
A blood glucose meter with pricker; a cylindrical hard case that holds a loaded syringe (about 6.5"); A tube of glucose tablets; a bottle of insulin; alcohol pads, etc.

Minimum dimension requirements for my use are 7"x5"x2". The OSOE pouch is exactly what I'm looking for if the dimensions are correct for my use. I don't need the tear-off panel since I will stick it directly to a patch on my bag.

Link Posted: 8/4/2012 10:13:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vikingmedic128] [#3]
A blood glucose meter with pricker; a cylindrical hard case that holds a loaded syringe (about 6.5"); A tube of glucose tablets; a bottle of insulin; alcohol pads, etc.

Minimum dimension requirements for my use are 7"x5"x2". The OSOE pouch is exactly what I'm looking for if the dimensions are correct for my use. I don't need the tear-off panel since I will stick it directly to a patch on my bag.

i would say yes to all the things with the exception of the loaded syringe. only because i don't have one of those (or a ruler/tape measure) at my current disposal. brb on a side suggestion. gotta run out to the truck and grab something.

eta: if your talking about a syringe of d50, yes it will fit. box and everything.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's what I got...

The pouch is a Maxpedition 5"x7" pouch...
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Hook-Loop-5-x-7-Zipper-Pocket-60p1660.htm
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, are the velcro strips on the back of the pouch itself, hook or loop? It looks like loop; if so this is a no-go for my application.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine has loop. I got it through a retailer, so you might try ordering it direct and see if they can change it. I hear they have a bookface page and that its amusing at times.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 10:31:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#7]

It's not big enough for you.  Just measured mine, it's 5.5"x3.5"x1.75".  Of course there is some room to play as it will expand out a little, but I don't think it's going to expand as much as you need.  And the velcro on the back isn't that strong, so I'm not sure that it'd work for you even if it was big enough.

ETA:  Check out the ATS medical pouch, it's a tear away also and ATS lists the dimensions as 7"x4.5"x up to 5"

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Ok, John responded to my query with 8" tall x 6" wide x 3.5" deep.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 4:54:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Ok, John responded to my query with 8" tall x 6" wide x 3.5" deep.

I should've checked your link before I responded, the measurements I listed above are for the compact kit, not the full size.

Link Posted: 8/13/2012 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Where are you guys getting your med supplies from? I'v got to rotate out some expired stuff that I noticed this weekend, and was looking for the best pricing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 12:25:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I use rescue essentials and chinook medical.
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 7:11:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Chinook for "milspec items", dealmed.ckm for everything else (id hit the supply room if it wouldn't cost me my job and or license)
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I think very well of tacmedsolutions.com

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 10:25:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BearArmy] [#14]
Here are my personal favorites-

From left to right
ATS med pouch with ITS med kit, shears and cat
Dark Angel med pouch and kit with shears and cat
and PMAG for size

I have had the Dark Angel kit for a short time and this is by far the best imo due to it being extremely easy to grasp/remove the kit inside even with a mangled hand and takes up little real estate. The ATS pouch with ITS kit comes in second place but far from first. I have tried many med pouches and these 2 are the best imo. ymmv
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#15]
any new med's or rigs?
Link Posted: 3/30/2013 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm bumping these for reference.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 1:54:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By 1fromtx:

This.

The incidents that took place in Boston should be a reminder to all of how important keeping medical supplies on hand is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Gentleman4561:

This.  

The incidents that took place in Boston should be a reminder to all of how important keeping medical supplies on hand is.

true dat shit. I'm reviewing what I carry with me, at least in my vehicle and my backpack I carry around.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#19]

This.  

Yep, every reflective jacket you saw should have had a IFAK with a tourniquet. LEOs' need to be "medical multipliers" not just combat multipliers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CENTCOM_Survivor:

This.  

Yep, every reflective jacket you saw should have had a IFAK with a tourniquet. LEOs' need to be "medical multipliers" not just combat multipliers.

That would be a hell of an advantage. Just think if every one of those officers went through something similar to TCCC.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By lew:
Originally Posted By CENTCOM_Survivor:

This.  

That would be a hell of an advantage. Just think if every one of those officers went through something similar to TCCC.

At the very least, I believe all LEO's should go through EMT-B or something similar. Even something similar to the Army's combat lifesaver course.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 5:15:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: danpass] [#22]
Help me finish mine?

<--- former lifeguard and water safety instructor. I figure I remember 1/4 of my first aid and most of the cpr training.

I'd like to be able to use 2/3 of my kit and the other 1/3 for someone more knowledgeable if necessary.  I suppose I could figure it all out easily enough.

Spec Ops medium medical pouch.  

My goal for the pouch are:
Treating gashes (knife/saw cuts)
Possible gsw
Snivel kit

Pics below. Here is what I currently have listed:

Shown:
1 x 4" izzy bandage
1 x card sized clamshell case. Inside is
2 x transparent bandage
10 Steri strips
5 small waterproof band aids
5 med/large waterproof band aids
4 natural tears single use vials

Not shown but on the list. It may not all fit.

1x Trauma Shears
2x nitrile Gloves
1x SWAT-T Tourniquet
1x H&H Compressed Gauze
1x Quik Clot  Gauze
1x Roll of Gorilla Tape
1x Nasopharyngeal Airway with Lube

To put into the clamshell:
3 x single use triple antibiotic thingies
1 x moleskin
Two acetominophen
Two antihistamine
Two ibuprofen
Two alcohol wipes

All the clamshell stuff is inside a ziplock, which is then inside the clamshell. The shell is not required but I believe it would help maintain the integrity of the ziplock.

The current stuff takes up a shade over half the height.

Link Posted: 8/3/2013 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#23]
bump
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Bump again.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Dont know if this was thrown out there.....didnt go through all pages....but for guys that want to have quick access to IFAKS without rip away panels try these....they work great.

http://www.itstactical.com/store/accessories/molle-stix-pair/
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm trying to track down a specific pouch and hope you guys might be able to help me out. Right now I have one of the old CLS bags, M3 style and looking for something a bit more modular and current. Ideally it'd be something about 2x larger than the issued IFAKs but smaller than the backpack kits. The NAR sheet bag would have been perfect except I'd prefer to have a molle/malice attachment system for my ruck/pc. I'd even consider a dropleg if that is the only thing that fits the bill. Anyone have any ideas where I might find something like that?
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By survivorman:
Dont know if this was thrown out there.....didnt go through all pages....but for guys that want to have quick access to IFAKS without rip away panels try these....they work great.

http://www.itstactical.com/store/accessories/molle-stix-pair/
View Quote

It is an alternative, but it is a band-aid over a wound. I just picked a pair up to go with my GG&G med pouch and while they do make taking the pouch of significantly easier I wouldn't call it a perfect solution. The Stix need to be pulled outward instead of up like you would think so a bit of muscle memory to get that down in a crunch and once used it needs to be rethreaded so you can't just slap it back on the velcro and clip it down to move on if needed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Spec ops gear large IFAK pouch.

I got my IFAK in there, quickclot, tourniquet, and shears.

It doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in contrast to the rest of your gear and has a red nylon strap to signify it's a medical kit.

If it's one thing I hate it's med pouches that got a ton of red on them. This doesn't stand out enough to reveal you if you're hiding and has enough room to fit everything in it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Blind_Squirrel:
I'm trying to track down a specific pouch and hope you guys might be able to help me out. Right now I have one of the old CLS bags, M3 style and looking for something a bit more modular and current. Ideally it'd be something about 2x larger than the issued IFAKs but smaller than the backpack kits. The NAR sheet bag would have been perfect except I'd prefer to have a molle/malice attachment system for my ruck/pc. I'd even consider a dropleg if that is the only thing that fits the bill. Anyone have any ideas where I might find something like that?
View Quote

I'm not sure if it fits your bill, but one of my fellow students at a class a couple years ago was using a raid bag from tacmedsolutions. Much smaller than my stomp pack, but big enough for supplies to treat several casualties. He used it as a dismount bag, with a larger kit in the vehicle.

Alternatively, condor's original rip away EMT pouch is oversized and can hold a crap load. They just came out with a smaller 'rip away lite' version, but the original is a good chunk larger than an ifak.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#30]
tagged
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#31]
New Mystery Ranch IFAK's.

For a civillian I seem to think a boo-boo kit is adequate, maybe just because my knowledge is so limited in regards to this stuff..anyhow

http://www.mysteryranch.com/military/military-pack-accessories/IFAK
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Anybody hear anything about the Cleer Medical, Eleveen 10, and Raven Concealment set-up and when they'll sell it as a package instead of the individual components?   They were showing off the combined set-up at SHOT 2014, but I haven't seen much on it lately.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:33:29 AM EDT
[#33]
This fucking thing. There is really no comfortable way to carry it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Great for the vic but fuck carrying that thing around.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BD1a:
View Quote

heh, you said "but fuck"
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By tweeter:

heh, you said "but fuck"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tweeter:
Originally Posted By BD1a:

heh, you said "but fuck"

HEY! The gear thread iz serious bizniz.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#37]
*Ahem*  You are correct.

So... what are we talking about?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:18:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tweeter] [#38]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
I use rescue essentials and chinook medical.
View Quote

I use Supply®
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:

For a civillian I seem to think a boo-boo kit is adequate, maybe just because my knowledge is so limited in regards to this stuff..anyhow

View Quote

Anyone have experience with this yet?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:

Does it come stocked?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't think so.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ZEROTHOMAS:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e8A_0N0yjiU/TvjudoU4uJI/AAAAAAAAAD8/5lx0EG-nKW8/s1600/ctb2.jpg
View Quote

Yes there is:  remove the stupid huge bandolier strap, attach some type of web strap to it (I had a 1 inch web strap that clipped into one of the million fastex buckles), then you can shove it into the top of an assault pack, or figure out a good way to tie it down inside your vehicle.  It really is a good sized medical kit with some well thought out organization crap.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Bump

Anyone use the HSGI bleeder pouch?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By hendrkj:
Bump

Anyone use the HSGI bleeder pouch?
View Quote

I find them to be too small for the stuff I wanted. I probably could have thrown it all in, but I don't want to work on getting my gear out when I am bleeding.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:48:27 AM EDT
[#45]
So, instead of starting a new thread, might as well put my setup here.
Let's kick this thread back alive; would love yto see what different kits and setups are out there.

My CTOMS 2ndLine Main Pack; still need a few more internal pouches behind the flap and name tape to complete.
Set-up is based on this:

Whiskey Delta Gulf: CTOMS 2nd Line Aidbag (MEDEVAC setup)

1. HEMO / GAUZE Pouch

In a Tactical Tailor Accessory Pouch 1V, two (2) H&H Compressed Gauze and four (4) QuikClot hemostatic gauze.

2. CHEST SEAL Pouch

In a Tactical Tailor Accessory Pouch 1V, two (2) HALO Chest Seals and three (3) Hyfin Chest Seals (couldn't find more HALOs).

3. Admin Pouch

In an ATS Combat Leader Admin Pouch, two (2) Mylar Blankets and and foam ear plugs, for now.
Front compartment has a ziploc bag with bandaids in varying different sizes.
I plan on including a headlamp and nitrile gloves in here.

4. Opening Side

A Benchmade Knife with a half serrated edge, and a black permanent marker.

5. Closed Side

A Benchmade Strap Cutter and two (2) 3-hour IR Chem Lights.
Mounted just underneath the opening behind the ATS Pouch are two (2) 12-hour Yellow Chem Lights and two (2) chest decompression needles.

6. Front Zipper Pocket

A ziploc bag with 20 MET-TAGs (we use the START Triage Protocol for our MCIs).

7. Mesh Pocket - Assessment/Diagnostic

In a CTOMS 2ndLine Mesh Pocket mounted on the loop backing on the back side of the front lid, a stethoscope, a sphygmomanometer, pulse oximeter, blood glucometer, and two (2) pen lights.

8. BLEEDING Pouch #1

In a CTOMS 2ndLine Quad Fold Pouch, one (1)  12" Abdominal Emergency Bandage, three (3) 6" Emergency Bandages, and three (3) 4" Emergency Bandages.

9. BLEEDING Pouch #2

In a CTOMS 2ndLine Quad Fold Pouch, five (5) SWAT-T Tourniquets, two (2) rolls of 3" tape, two (2) Kerlix Rolled Gauze, five (5) H&H Compressed Bandages, and two (2) rolls of 3M Coban Bandages.

Between Pouches 8 and 9, two trauma shears.

10. AIRWAY/BREATHING Pouch

A CTOMS 2ndLine Quad Fold Pouch is wrapped around a CTOMS 2ndLine Book Folder (Gen II).

On the Book Folder Flaps, an assortment of OPAs, two (2) NPAs with lube packets, two (2) chest decompression needles, five (5) Hyfin Chest Seals, and two (2) King LTs, Size 5.

In the Quad Fold Pouch for BREATHING, one (1) BVM, one (1) NAR Tactical Suction Kit, and one (1) cric kit.

11. IV ADMIN Pouch

In a CTOMS 2ndLine Quad Fold Pouch, two (2) IV burritos wrapped in a triangular cravat bandage, with a 500ml saline bag, NAR Saline Lock Kit, IV Kit and catheter.

12. SAM Splints in the Mesh Backing

Three (3) SAM Splints fitted into the Mesh Backing underneath the shoulder straps.
The closure for this compartment is located on the bottom of the pack.

13. Carabiner Retention Strap

Picked this up from REI and use it to secure the pack in the helo.

And lastly, just in case you were wondering where is my BSI?

END NOTES

Apologies for the poor quality of the photos.

I have yet to set up my CTOMS 2ndLine External Module, which has the exact same storage capacity as the Main Pack and mounts on the front side of the latter.
I will need to figure out what else I would need with me, but basically I do need to add on a non-rigid stretcher, a traction splint, cervical collar, burn dressings, HLS markers, bio bags, face shields, IO kit, etc.
The primary use of this is for our missions by road and helo, whether for humanitarian activities, assessment missions or close protection operations during senior level visits.
As we would always be in close proximity of our armored vehicles with us, the External Module with the additional items can be detached and left in the AVs while I carry the Main Pack with essential items.

Comparing it with the MEDEVAC Set-Up in the link, the version the author uses is slightly different from what I have, as my version does not have a hydration bladder compartment where the author placed the SAM splints and C-collar.

Again, this set-up may change as I carry this with me more and more in the future but by far this is the best medical pack I have used, after going through the Blackhawk STOMP II for nearly a decade, and later a TSSi M-9 Bag and a Tactical Tailor M-5 Bag.

Hope you enjoyed, and please feel free to fire away with your comments an
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#46]

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e8A_0N0yjiU/TvjudoU4uJI/AAAAAAAAAD8/5lx0EG-nKW8/s1600/ctb2.jpg
View Quote

we got these and the mojo version of them -- the mojo bag is infinitely better in all ways, especially carriage of the fucking thing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#47]
I've just got my HSGI Blowout kit in.

Would anyone who runs this mind showing me how they have theirs set up ?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By DocBach:

we got these and the mojo version of them -- the mojo bag is infinitely better in all ways, especially carriage of the fucking thing.
View All Quotes

What is that called?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:38:40 AM EDT
[#49]
I have a stupid question.  What, if anything, is the difference between H&H PriMed Compressed Gauze (NSN: 6510-01-503-2117) and this Z-Pak Gauze Dressing (NSN: 6510-01-527-8329), and which, if either, is preferable?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:10:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cap6888:

What is that called?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cap6888:

What is that called?

Mojo 324 CLS bag

it comes with a belt and a shoulder strap for ease of carry and weight distribution.
Page / 10
Let's talk med pouches (Page 8 of 10)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top