Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 12:57:13 PM EDT

I just got an East German AK splinter camo mag pouch and 3 unissued EG pistol belts from Sportsman's Guide...the problem is, I can't seem to be able to fit the pistol belt through the loops on the ammo pouch! I don't know if this particular pistol belt was meant to go with these kinds of ammo pouches or not.....does anybody know where to find information on EG webbing?    
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an FAQ on E German field gear here: www.akforum.net  Go to the "field gear and equipment" forum and the thread is tacked at the top.

First thing, describe the pouch and the web belt. My guess is you have one of the various "randrop pattern" 4 cell AK mag pouches and the green web belt.  The pouch definitely fits on the gray web belt with the sheetmetal buckle with the E German logo on it, but might be too thick.

The green web belt is from when the E Germans redesigned their web gear in ca 1987.  Pouches will have wire metal hooks similar to old british field gear or the old US M1 Garand cartirdge belt.

Is this making any sense so far?  Post some pics (or steal them from sportsmans guide/provide a link) and i can help you out more

[ETA]  the three pack...has to be the green web belts, as the gray ones come in a four pack (don't ask me how I know that).  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
hey dawg 180 : your spot on about the belt and pouches....he's trying to put a early model ammo pouch on a late ,late model of belt ie... not even issued prior to the wall coming down....... i think you can still do this BUT your going to have to pull off the buckle hardware on the belt then slip the pouch on to the belt THEN re- assemble the belt hardware.....i have done this with earl issue ddr ammo pouches and a G.I. web pistol belt......vince g. 11b inf...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
hey dawg 180 : your spot on about the belt and pouches....he's trying to put a early model ammo pouch on a late ,late model of belt ie... not even issued prior to the wall coming down....... i think you can still do this BUT your going to have to pull off the buckle hardware on the belt then slip the pouch on to the belt THEN re- assemble the belt hardware.....i have done this with earl issue ddr ammo pouches and a G.I. web pistol belt......vince g. 11b inf...

Yeah...the East Germans decided to copy the USGI LBE gear sorta kind, including a beefier pistol belt than the original wimpy ass one and even an H-harness made with green webbing and rainpattern camo material.  Teh green webbing material is a dead giveaway of being late 1980's E German stuff...you see the grenade pouches and gas mask bags all the time.

It appears AK Forum is down toinght, so no looking at my FAQ for a day or two...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#4]

[ETA]  the three pack...has to be the green web belts, as the gray ones come in a four pack (don't ask me how I know that).  

I got the three pack of green ones from SG, yup. I had seen the gray belt you are talking about too but I wasn't sure if it was a regular uniform belt or not...it sure looks kinda flimsy for a pistol belt.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:14:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I got the three pack of green ones from SG, yup. I had seen the gray belt you are talking about too but I wasn't sure if it was a regular uniform belt or not...it sure looks kinda flimsy for a pistol belt.....

The gray belt is pretty stiff, but the buckle has no "positive" locking like a fastex buckle or the green belt...just a metal hook and tab which can come undone rather easily .  If you can get the green one to work you will be much better off.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top