Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 2:37:51 AM EDT
Looking at getting a Zulu from Kifaru, just wondered if anyone else had any preferences. The Kifaru line just seems so modular and able to expand way greater than any of the other packs I have seen. Just looking for some opinions or other options as they are Pricey. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:52:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 10:02:52 AM EDT by Hoplite]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:21:00 AM EDT
Lightfighter has some RAIDs back in stock! It's similar to an Eagle AIII with a ton more PALS so you can strap whatever you want for pouches on the outside. I love mine.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:26:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:22:47 PM EDT
I love mine here.... It's a great pack....
The expansion on top was perfect when i loaded up for a week on vacation... a good size load... Also used it with the shoulder straps only, w/o the waistbelt... i had 2 other family luggage bags hanging off of mine... who knows what the weight was... kinda felt like the abomanable snowman, but it was Comfortable as hell....

Yah it is a little $, so make sure you know the sizes of what you want, and what you want it for.... otherwise it IS WORTH IT!!!...

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:48:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoplite:
you cant put any decent weight in a RAID without it being uncomfortable. Decent weight being 20 pounds or more

I use mine to carry multiple textbooks/laptop all the time. I have the AIII frame sheet in mine and it's not bad at all to carry larger amounts of weight. I don't have a waist belt yet, but I assume it will only get better (from my experience with other packs).

I may have made a wrong recommendation for edblevi, but he didn't say exactly what he was after.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:59:58 PM EDT
My goals are camping, hiking, survival tactics, maybe some mountain climbing in there if I get really spry. Looked at several decent packs at the local outdoor specialty shop, only they aren't really designed with webbing and/or adding gear in mind.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:12:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:58:39 PM EDT
if you are going to do any climbing, you do not want anything strapped to your pack. keep it narrow and tight. if you can get ahold of a lowe alpine military pack, thats what id get.
www.lowealpine.com/Products/SearchMenu.asp?ProductTypeID=22
Top Top