Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 2:37:51 AM EDT
Looking at getting a Zulu from Kifaru, just wondered if anyone else had any preferences. The Kifaru line just seems so modular and able to expand way greater than any of the other packs I have seen. Just looking for some opinions or other options as they are Pricey. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Lightfighter has some RAIDs back in stock!  It's similar to an Eagle AIII with a ton more PALS so you can strap whatever you want for pouches on the outside.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine here....   It's a great pack....    
The expansion on top was perfect when i loaded up for a week on vacation...   a good size load...  Also used it with the shoulder straps only,  w/o the waistbelt...   i had 2 other family luggage bags hanging off of mine...    who knows what the weight was...    kinda felt like the abomanable snowman,  but it was Comfortable as hell....  

Yah it is a little $,  so make sure you know the sizes of what you want, and what you want it for....     otherwise it IS WORTH IT!!!...

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
you cant put any decent weight in a RAID without it being uncomfortable.  Decent weight being 20 pounds or more

I use mine to carry multiple textbooks/laptop all the time.  I have the AIII frame sheet in mine and it's not bad at all to carry larger amounts of weight.  I don't have a waist belt yet, but I assume it will only get better (from my experience with other packs).

I may have made a wrong recommendation for edblevi, but he didn't say exactly what he was after.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
My goals are camping, hiking, survival tactics, maybe some mountain climbing in there if I get really spry. Looked at several decent packs at the local outdoor specialty shop, only they aren't really designed with webbing and/or adding gear in mind.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]
if you are going to do any climbing, you do not want anything strapped to your pack.  keep it narrow and tight.  if you can get ahold of a lowe alpine military pack, thats what id get.
www.lowealpine.com/Products/SearchMenu.asp?ProductTypeID=22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top