Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:23:15 PM EDT
I am going back to my SWAT team and taking a position on the sniper team after a two year break to work undercover narcotics. I will be issued level III soft body armor and an LBV with pockets for everything an entry or gas team member would need. I would like to find a molle carrier for the soft armor panels which would allow me to position the pouches I want, where I want them. Most of my gear, data book, rangefinder, binoculars, etc. will be carried in a pack and I'd like to keeo the equipment on my person to a minimum.

Does any reputable manufacturer produce what I am looking for? I have seen the Eagle Ind. CIRAS and while I love Eagles products, I am a LEO and my budget won't allow for such an expensive piece of gear (got a new wife, new baby, newhouse, etc.).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Phylodog
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:40:44 PM EDT
Tactical Tailor: Modular Panel Carrier

I'd get one with plate pockets incase you want to upgrade later.

There is a review of one a few pages back

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=195613
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:38:13 PM EDT
Eagle is coming out with a non-releasable version of the CIRAS, an LEO version. The expected price is in the low $300 range. Black and whatever the current tactical version of OD is called today. Should be released any week now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:35:39 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies, I will definitely be looking for the new vest from Eagle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:33:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:35:26 AM EDT
I just got off the phone with Eagle and the LE armor carrier won't be available for 8 - 10 weeks. I hate waiting
Top Top