Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/8/2006 7:56:48 PM EDT
Where's the best place in country to buy flecktarn gear.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:45:44 PM EDT
I'd just order from www.flecktarn.co.uk. Good selection... actually great selection. A bit pricey, but at least they spreken ze english, won't screw up the sizes/goods in your order, or charge you for things they didn't ship like zee german surplus outfits. They return emails too.

You can get a full set of tropentarn (desert flecktarn) shipped for less than crye charges for multicam combat trousers. Not as cheap as the mass produced american camo knockoffs that are made in some place who's citizens will probably fly a 777 into the space needle one day, but Tropentarn is high quality and IMHO works great for the high desert or southwest.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:12:37 PM EDT
Check Gunbroker, they sometimes have stuff running for good prices, getting the right size is tricky

I got a IIIA kevlar vest in flecktanr from it for $200, dunno if you want armor or just camo
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:24:02 AM EDT
Cheaper than dirt often times has flecktarn really cheap, like under $5 a shirt or pants.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:11:31 AM EDT
I agree on the tropentarn but IMO you can't beat flec for greener areas. I like both depending on terrain. Does anyone have any opinions of Tacgear? Quality?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:13:04 AM EDT
I have a tacgear smock, seems like a good mid-level product. Slightly over engineered, but that's the norm with smocks these days.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:33:28 PM EDT
You might try Ironwolfent.com they carry bunches of foreign camo, they are a little pricey but are here in the US so shipping won't be outrageous. Flectarn is kind of hard to find on the US market so I bought a bunch of fabric and my girlfriend makes me just about anything I want, I've got coats and ponchos, and a full rain suit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:09:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2006 11:10:11 AM EDT by donkeykong]
I dunno how much $$$ you have to spend but I was searching for flecktarn on google and came across a bunch of Arktis products. I have no experience w/ Arktis but the people over on Lightfighter.net have mixed reviews. Anyway, Arktis makes a ton of products in Flecktarn, but for a price, and Anson Tactical UK sells the Arktis line... but again, for a price. I've contacted Ironwolf and they seem to advertise a bunch of flecktarn but don't have many of the items in stock. Hope this info helps

DK
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:52:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nframe:
You might try Ironwolfent.com they carry bunches of foreign camo, they are a little pricey but are here in the US so shipping won't be outrageous. Flectarn is kind of hard to find on the US market so I bought a bunch of fabric and my girlfriend makes me just about anything I want, I've got coats and ponchos, and a full rain suit.

Where did you find the fabric ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:19:53 PM EDT
IIRC it was Hancock fabrics check in late summer early fall when they get in their hunting patterns of cloth. I bought the whole thing of it when I saw it it was around $40/45, I asked if they could get more and they said corporate picks what they get so I couldn't order more. Also check at Wally world they have a good selection of cloth.
Top Top