Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 11:02:42 AM EDT
Hi all,
I'm preparing my LBV for a ZOMBIE/STHF scenario.

I'm looking for tricks and advises on how to setup my LBV. my back must be free since I want to be able to carry my hydration system or my pack (with hydration system in it). in the pic below you can see my current setup

am I missing something? I also don't know where to attach my glock knife I need it

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#1]
dump the asspack

dump the holster and magazine pouches from this belt and wear a suspendered gun belt underneath
can the knife be attached to whatever pack you plan on using?

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep the setup you have if your comfortable having the belt attached.  Put canteens on the belt.  SHTF happens and you have to dump your pack bacause it's slowing you down.  Now you have no water.  Keep the butt pack, you may need it.  Get a bigger first aid kit.  Unless you plan on running with a medic one field dressing isn't enough.  Have you ever spent a day with 12 fully loaded mags?  Make sure you can handle 12 before you deploy with them.  Keep the handgun.  If you can carry 2 weapons do it.  Tape up your loose webbing also.
If told to get rid of the LBV and to go modular keep this in mind.  The mind set is "modular is better because you can put things were ever you want them."  Reality = people set them up the way they like them and keep them that way.  Usually they get set up just like the LCE's, LBV's and tac-vests of old those same persons hate so much.  Also LBV has nicely padded shoulders.  Don't forget, a web belt is modular.  You can place items were ever you want to and remove them.  Don't let the fixed magazine pouches bother you either.  Look where half the people end up putting modular magazines pouches.  If not the same place, just a bit lower.
Good set up.  I know this post will piss off the modular crowd and the carry more ammo and not a side arm crowd so get ready.  You may want a better flashlight if your budget isn't spent.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to modular soon or later. I have free access to the american PX store in Camp Ederle. there are a lot of Spec Ops Brand stuff and maybe one day I'll buy one of their modular vest. but now this is all I have and I don't dislike it.

I want to keep the buttpack to store little stuff. Flashlight: yes I have better flash light (surefire and glock tactical light). I can handle 12 fully loaded mags without problem and I'm going to tape up the loose webbing when everything is finished and ready.

thanks

more trick and advises are welcome. please post your good/bad esperience with this kind of vest.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Move your mag pouches further forward, at the very least the pistol pouch on the left side.  There is some wasted space there.  You could put your knife in the space you opened up then. I liked my M16 mag pouches in the front with everything else behind them.  I'm a bit bigger, but I used to carry two of them on each side, but starting them just behind the buckle.  The knife went just in front of the buttpack, and a holster would fit on my left behind the m16 mag pouches. Pistol mags would have gone on my right in front of the knife.  Also for smaller things look at the SpecOps small pouches that fit onto the shoulder straps.  Get a couple of the first aid/bandage pouches and you can fit them onto those little straps on your shoulder.  Just tie them down so they don't flap around.
For comfort you might want the pad that attaches to the pistol belt.  Some people like them, some don't.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd put the mag pouches up front with the holster and pistol mag pouch behind them. If you want your back clear, the butt pack has to go. Otherwise, it looks good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top