Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 53
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Picking up my SDS radical thursday, wondering how does the Turkish collapsible stock hold up, as it is plastic, does it wiggle?

Wonder in long run how it would hold up with a lot of use. would the positional pin start to wiggle like typical ar15 collapsible stock after so much use?

Should i look for OEM benelli collapsible stock, even thou they are extremely hard to find and freakin expensive.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Mesa Tactical Sure Shell

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Syntax_Error:

Looks sharp. Which shell holder are you using to hold the shells on the side of the receiver?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Syntax_Error:
Originally Posted By M60-E4:
I’ve always guessed that all of the clone M4s were made by the same company but sold under different names ( Toros Copolla, Toros 4 Peaks, Panzer, Radikal, SDS, Charles Daly, etc......) have we actually been able to confirm this as of yet?

My gun is a Toros Copolla T4 ( no 4 Peaks) and I can’t be happier with mine. I broke over 500 rounds this weekend using both full load and low recoil LEO loads 00 Buck. I’ve also fired slugs as well and I have yet to have any type of malfunction. This gun runs perfectly and it’s action is as smooth as silk !! The only QC issue I could complain about was my front sight nut needed to be tightened down.

922r Compliant and she’s a beaut!!!

https://i.imgur.com/O2EwgZr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Urbu3NG.jpg

Does anyone else here own just the Toros Copolla T4 ? I have heard anyone mention it without it having the 4 Peaks as part of the description.

Looks sharp. Which shell holder are you using to hold the shells on the side of the receiver?

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#3]
From those who have the sulun adjustable stock, how is it rigidity and weight wise? Does it lock up well? It's it significant heavier than the regular stock? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:30:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:33:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tom_servo11] [#5]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

I haven’t weighed mine but it seems pretty sturdy and lockup is good.

I haven’t read a single complaint about them. And they’re around $106 USD shipped so really pretty great for the price.

View Quote

Really? I was seeing it more like $129 not including shipping.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tom_servo11:

Really? I was seeing it more like $129 not including shipping.
View Quote

NZ dollar is worth less than US dollar.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Landsat8:

I bought my SAX2 on 02/14, it listed as "shipped" on 02/16, was picked up by Fedex on 02/22, and is scheduled for delivery on 02/24. I would call Classic and see what's the deal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Classic still hasn’t even shipped mine. Its going on 6 weeks.

I bought my SAX2 on 02/14, it listed as "shipped" on 02/16, was picked up by Fedex on 02/22, and is scheduled for delivery on 02/24. I would call Classic and see what's the deal.

That sucks!  I ordered mine 02/12, it showed shipped 12/16 but it wasn't picked up until 02/22 & should arrive today.  I also ordered a CD 601 DPS from KyGunCo & it shows arriving today as well.  I didn't think they would get them back in stock so quick, otherwise I would have ordered 2 of the 601 DPS instead of dealing with Classic's shenanigans.

I see Botach raised the price of their KZ oversized charging handle by $10.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I would buy two. If an EO bans the import of these in the future the value will easily treble.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone ever hold one of these? Looks nice, just not sure.

Strike Industries HAYL Rail - Product Reveal
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

My bad it looked like USD all the way til the end
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By wreckless:
I would buy two. If an EO bans the import of these in the future the value will easily treble.
View Quote

I would say thats a sure thing. Biden already said hes going to eo ban imports.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I know its been sort of hashed already but not super clearly. Is the thought that these are all pretty much equivalent or has a better one emerged between all the options?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I know its been sort of hashed already but not super clearly. Is the thought that these are all pretty much equivalent or has a better one emerged between all the options?
View Quote

No difference at all except for the Charles Daly models. They have a slightly different recoil tube.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine is a little 'm' M4, does that count?

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Yep,  it was $148 NZ dollar which equated to $108 US dollar from my account.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#17]
My Toros Copolla T4 (Four Peaks Import) arrived and I picked it up last night.  The packaging was pretty poor and the chokes came out of the box nicking the finish in a couple place. The action, safety, and bolt release all function as expected but the front and rear sight are "woobly loose" to borrow a phrase from earlier in this thread.  I broke down the T4 this morning to inspect the pistons and bolt and both pass a visual inspection.  I waiting on a few more parts, but given the finish damage, I may bump up the scheduled repaint.

For less than half the MSRP (and to say nothing about current market prices) there are compromises in quality.  That said, if a buyer goes into the purchase expecting to practice a couple hours of gunsmithing to get it squared away, I think these M4 clones are worth the coin.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#18]

I haven't weighed mine but it seems pretty sturdy and lockup is good.

I haven't read a single complaint about them. And they're around $106 USD shipped so really pretty great for the price.

View All Quotes
From those who have the sulun adjustable stock, how is it rigidity and weight wise? Does it lock up well? It's it significant heavier than the regular stock? Thanks.

I haven't read a single complaint about them. And they're around $106 USD shipped so really pretty great for the price.

Would it be blasphemy to put one of those stocks on a Benelli M4?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#19]

I added a GG&G combination light and sling mount. All you need to install it are snap ring pliers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Bcamp15:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bcamp15:

If you aren't a purist, spending $150 for a really good stock setup instead of $800-$1000 or whatever it costs now seems smart.

I don't know that Delta Mike will be able to handle all the demand if Benelli guys start getting in on it.  I'd say we need a US importer to bulk import the stock kits, but I'm afraid they'd take the opportunity to start screwing everyone on price.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:19:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muad_Dib] [#21]
I think he's already getting a ton of business from people who realize he'll ship to the USA.  I want to Form1 one of the Charles Daly models into a SBS.  I asked him about the Sulun made 14" barrel that he has listed on his site and was told it would probably be at least six months.

There are several Sulun dealers in Canada (eh), but so far I've had no success with any who can ship or drop-ship the barrel.  At least one said that Sulun doesn't make them because it would be an illegal configuration in Canada  

Sulun is non-responsive to direct emails so far.

So if anyone has a source for the 14" barrels, please post it up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:44:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bcamp15] [#22]
Originally Posted By Muad_Dib:
I think he's already getting a ton of business from people who realize he'll ship to the USA.  I want to Form1 one of the Charles Daly models into a SBS.  I asked him about the Sulun made 14" barrel that he has listed on his site and was told it would probably be at least six months.

There are several Sulun dealers in Canada (eh), but so far I've had no success with any who can ship or drop-ship the barrel.  At least one said that Sulun doesn't make them because it would be an illegal configuration in Canada  

View Quote
This has me interested. Based on everything known so far on these clones, would a clone barrel fit a real Benelli? I want to form 1 mine but damn the barrels are expensive. I don't want to chop my 18.5 barrel either.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't own a Benelli, and my CD Turknelli M4-gery isn't here yet, so I don't know.  If they're as accurate clones as everyone says, I'm assuming that they'll work.  It's probably going to take a Benelli master-race purist who's willing to test his holy scattergun with a plebian barrel for everyone to know for sure.  So... unlikely we'll know for sure any time soon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I just picked up my SKS Radikal SAX2 and was surprised to find a low serial number (upper 200’s) with a black bolt. The packaging and box is much better on the SAX2 than the flimsy Panzer Arms M4. All parts are tight and the action is smooth. The owner of the shop finally took notice and was impressed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I’m assuming you won’t be able to directly import the sbs barrels due to the non-sporting purpose of them.  Even benelli allegedly imports their sbs barrels as >18” but have the sights and sleeve in sbs position and then cut the barrels here.

I’m betting the most cost efficient way would be to send the barrel to someone like rose action sports for a conversion and even then will probably be >$3-400 I’d bet.  

Anyone know for sure?   I don’t need an sbs but now I have a significant want for one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't own a Benelli, and my CD Turknelli M4-gery isn't here yet, so I don't know.  If they're as accurate clones as everyone says, I'm assuming that they'll work.  It's probably going to take a Benelli master-race purist who's willing to test his holy scattergun with a plebian barrel for everyone to know for sure.  So... unlikely we'll know for sure any time soon.
View Quote
I think I am going to eform 1 my Benelli, then figure out the barrel situation later. But I would def slap a pleb barrel on it once it is ready.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:16:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Syntax_Error] [#27]
Picked up the SAX-2 Turknelli M4 at the shop today, immediately installed a DGW 8-round tube and charging handle onto the gun. The factory tube and cap required a bit of heat to loosen up the green loctite but it wasn't too hard otherwise.

One thing I noticed is that the DGW charging handle and the factory charging handle are slightly different lengths - the DGW handle doesn't seem to be able to go deep enough to securely lock into the little cutouts that the factory charging handle can. I'm hoping I can make it work but the DGW charging handle may be incompatible to fit onto the Turknellis.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:29:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#28]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ipsilateral_7:

I’m assuming you won’t be able to directly import the sbs barrels due to the non-sporting purpose of them.  Even benelli allegedly imports their sbs barrels as >18” but have the sights and sleeve in sbs position and then cut the barrels here.

I’m betting the most cost efficient way would be to send the barrel to someone like rose action sports for a conversion and even then will probably be >$3-400 I’d bet.  

Anyone know for sure?   I don’t need an sbs but now I have a significant want for one.
View Quote

I'm assuming that I'll be able to import a non-rifled tube from anywhere in the world as long as it doesn't accompany a firearm.  

I'd buy a 18" one, cut it myself, high temp silver solder the sight back on, and throat and thread it if I can't find a 14".  Hell, as this price, buying an entire new Turknelli just for the barrel is cheaper than buying a Benelli barrel of any length.  

Maybe I just need two... damn it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:11:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blake-b] [#31]
Received SDS SAX2 Radikal yesterday and took it apart to clean it.  I noticed one of the piston o-rings was slightly damaged.  I went to the local farm supply store with it and visually matched it to industry standard -11.  They measure 7/16 OD x 5/16 ID x 1/16 wide (per the package).  The closest metric was a 7mm x 11mm x 2mm.  However, the metric version was slightly visually larger but did fit on the piston.  I did not buy metric so I don't know how well they would go into the piston hole with its larger OD.  They were ~.50 each.  Benelli sells them for $12.00 each...

The only thing I cleaned was taking the grease off the pistons and putting them back in dry.  I read that is how they are supposed to be.  I'll know later today after I fire it for the first time.

Now if USPS would deliver my package from Dave's Gun Works.  I know there is already a USPS rant thread but I have had three packages lost in their limbo in recent weeks.  I am going to start to ask if I can pay extra for UPS or Fedex shipping from now on.

ETA:

I put ~75 rounds through it today consisting of light, medium, and heavy shot along with some slugs.  The light rounds caused fail to load and fail to ejects (with 2 stovepipes).  After putting more rounds through it, it seemed to loosen up and fired the light rounds but would occasionally not lock the bolt back after the last round.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wreckless] [#32]
Mine is the same way. The DMW tube comes up one short. Maybe due to the new spring. Maybe due to the new follower. I just don’t know yet.

Just ghost load it and you will pick up the one you lost.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I apologize if this has been answered.  Does anyone know if the Mesa Tactical Urbino Benelli M4 stock will fit on the SDS SAX2?  I know it won't work with the Charles Daly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok, still having issues with mine. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed and annoyed with my Panzer M4. So basically, either the bolt isn't picking up the next round, or the carrier isn't pushing it up enough. I've tried it with quail loads, Wolf 00 Buck, and a few other rounds. All the same thing. I don't think it's a matter of full powered loads or not because sometimes dropping the bolt still won't make it pick up a round. Anyone have any suggestions before I gotta try and send this back for repair?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine was the same as far as only fitting 6. I slowly clipped the spring down till it fit the 7th shell. Think I ended  up taking 4-5 rings off. Functions fine and have had no issues in 100s of rounds.

Finally shot my panzer m4 tonight. It was flawless with federal multipurpose red box crap, some federal 1200fps crap i found online, and the winchester 1350fps crap that doesn't run in my vepr 12.

Front sight came loose because I didn't listen and loctite it.

Could only fit 6 shells in the Dave's metal works 7 round tube. Might try the factory 5 round spring instead.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:56:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wreckless] [#36]
Originally Posted By ShamusMcOI:
Ok, still having issues with mine. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed and annoyed with my Panzer M4. So basically, either the bolt isn't picking up the next round, or the carrier isn't pushing it up enough. I've tried it with quail loads, Wolf 00 Buck, and a few other rounds. All the same thing. I don't think it's a matter of full powered loads or not because sometimes dropping the bolt still won't make it pick up a round. Anyone have any suggestions before I gotta try and send this back for repair?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/8603/carrier_jpg-1842700.JPG
View Quote

Did you check that the o-rings were not damaged on installation as some guys have reported? I would check that first.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Did you check that the o-rings were not damaged on installation as some guys have reported? I would check that first.
View Quote

How bad does this look? This is just one side. I haven't been able to break the other one free yet. Thinking maybe a heat gun could help get it loose. Not sure if they shipped me any extras. Is there a specific size? Can any more be ordered. I'm so pissed, I was really ready to shoot this thing regularly. Thanks for the help btw!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:48:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Landsat8] [#39]
Just picked up my SAX2 from the FFL. Wiped down the copious amount of oil covering the receiver and the grease from the pistons and disassembled the gun. O-rings look alright and managed to install some night sights. Still waiting on my adjustable stock from NZ and my 7 round tube lost in the ether of USPS tracking.

ETA: I’d like to know how many of these will be imported. My gun’s S/N is in the 90’s.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:52:45 AM EDT
[#40]

How bad does this look? This is just one side. I haven't been able to break the other one free yet. Thinking maybe a heat gun could help get it loose. Not sure if they shipped me any extras. Is there a specific size? Can any more be ordered. I'm so pissed, I was really ready to shoot this thing regularly. Thanks for the help btw!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/8603/orings_jpg-1842941.JPG
View Quote

If you didnt know, the charging handle can be used as a tool to remove pistons.  Put it in one of the holes and turn.

My serial is in the 50s and my FFLs is in the 40s.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:18:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Anyone know what the likely backorder time frame is at delta mikes for the stocks?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:20:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Being part Sicilian Armenian Hungarian Filipino.... I feel icky getting a Turkish gun
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#43]
I was hoping Atlantic would sell out, but they haven’t. So I had to order one. Looks like the ext tube is OOS at daves :(
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

That one is bad. Looks like it will allow gas blow by with that chunk missing.Check the other side out and call for replacements.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Don't put too much stock in the condition of your O-rings. Mine are alot worse so I did a test. Heres 9 shots of cheap bulk 12ga from cabelas through my panzer M4 with the o-rings removed.

When I first shot my panzer M4 it wouldn't cycle 1 round. Now I've got around 300+ rds through it and it cycles 99% with various brands of Walmart and cabelas cheapest bulk 12ga.  

Heres what I did after the first box. I took it completely apart and cleaned everything and inspected it. I noticed the carrier finish was fairly rough black oxide. So I took 400 grit emery cloth and lightly buffed the carrier rails, hammer face, and the inside of the gas block (pretty rough machining marks).  All areas are marked in red.

I also noticed the lifter was catching on the trigger guard so I hit it with the 400 grit emery cloth in the area marked.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes, they are rough finished. Elbo grease is cheaper than high brass ammo especially these days.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By pmiya:
I apologize if this has been answered.  Does anyone know if the Mesa Tactical Urbino Benelli M4 stock will fit on the SDS SAX2?  I know it won't work with the Charles Daly.
View Quote

Why won't it work on the Charles Daly?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pmiya] [#48]
Originally Posted By SNAFU-M1A:

Why won't it work on the Charles Daly?
View Quote

The Charles Daly has a recoil spring tube that is about 3/4" longer and also has a raised area on the bottom that looks like it is for an adjustable stock.  The Urbino stock will fit over this but the stock will not fully seat against the receiver.  I have an SDS SAX2 ordered and should be here either Monday or Tuesday.  Will see if the stock will fit on that one.  I may be able to modify the tube or the stock to get it to fit on the CD but will wait to see if it will work on the SDS.

The Mesa Tactical shell holder will fit on a Charles Daly.  It replaces the factory rail.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone know what the likely backorder time frame is at delta mikes for the stocks?
View Quote

I asked them on Feb 19 and was told 6-8 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#50]
I received my Charles Daly 601DPS today.  There are some minor differences with what is displayed on their website and what I've seen here.

Mine is in the mid-600's serial number.

It has a CD Defense logo engraved on the right side of the receiver instead of the big Charles Daly billboard stamp.

On the left side, the barrel is stamped:

Chiappa Firearms - Dayton, OH
Merak - Made in Turkey

The charging handle has a big rubber cover over it.

The magazine tube is a one piece design.  It has a red magazine follower.  I gave it a greasy handed attempt to unscrew it, but it didn't budge.  No sense in removing it until I have another one on hand.

No detent in the rear sight.

Charles Daly specific recoil/stock tube.

Gas piston rings are pristine.

The only area that I can see rough tool marks at all, is a small spot on the bolt release lever.  The rest of it has very high quality machining.  For the price, I'm very impressed.
Page / 53
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top