BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 53
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eric10mm:
I'm only up to page 11 of this thread, so bear with me if this covered later in the thread.

Just bought the Panzer M4, and have but one question. Whose arms fit that stock's LOP?    I'm 6'1" with an equal wingspan and normally on my social shotguns I like the stocks shorter. On my Mossberg pumps I usually chop about 1.5" off the stock and that puts the rear of the receiver right at my cheek.

For "reasons" I would prefer not to install one of the adjustable stocks so I ask, and not yet having removed the stock to take a look in there, has anyone successfully shortened the OE stock? I'm not above installing an aftermarket recoil pad (LOVE Pachmayr Sporting Clays pads) since Panzer decided to not make their pad have a flat mounting surface.
View Quote

Yeah I hate that as well. I have the adjustable stock but not sure if I wanna use it. I thought about the urbino stock.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm only up to page 11 of this thread, so bear with me if this covered later in the thread.

Just bought the Panzer M4, and have but one question. Whose arms fit that stock's LOP?    I'm 6'1" with an equal wingspan and normally on my social shotguns I like the stocks shorter. On my Mossberg pumps I usually chop about 1.5" off the stock and that puts the rear of the receiver right at my cheek.

For "reasons" I would prefer not to install one of the adjustable stocks so I ask, and not yet having removed the stock to take a look in there, has anyone successfully shortened the OE stock? I'm not above installing an aftermarket recoil pad (LOVE Pachmayr Sporting Clays pads) since Panzer decided to not make their pad have a flat mounting surface.
View Quote

I have been trying to find a shorter LOP stock for weeks

I have posted to several boards and forums and even called Benelli

To date no one has been able to point me to a shorter field stock

The Mesa Urbino is shorter, but they have a integrated pistol grip
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:43:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eric10mm] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:48:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eric10mm] [#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Forgive me as I'm only up to page 21 of this thread so far, but what is the LOP range on the Sulun adjustable stock?
View Quote

I couldn’t tell you, I haven’t installed it yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 6:48:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ninja99] [#7]
Forgive me as I'm only up to page 21 of this thread so far, but what is the LOP range on the Sulun adjustable stock?
View Quote

Measured from trigger shoe to center of buttpad, the LOP on the Sulun collapsible stock is 11" when fully collapsed to 14 3/4" when fully extended.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Update on the misfeeding issue I was having on the TAC-12.

I followed the steps in this video: https://youtu.be/R0T9qj1NHxU  and I filed a notch into the Carrier Dog on my gun.

I was then able to fire 82 flawless rounds with no issues. Completely solved the problem !

Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:54:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ninja99] [#9]
Originally Posted By BobaDebt:

I have been trying to find a shorter LOP stock for weeks

I have posted to several boards and forums and even called Benelli

To date no one has been able to point me to a shorter field stock

The Mesa Urbino is shorter, but they have a integrated pistol grip
View Quote

Are you looking for a stock that feels "normal" or do you need something thats shorter than normal? A 14" LOP on a field stock feels shorter than a 14" LOP on a pistol grip stock because of the position of your hand. A factory Mossberg 500 has a 14" LOP. Same with my Remington 700 with a Hogue stock. Some food for though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ninja99:

Are you looking for a stock that feels "normal" or do you need something thats shorter than normal? A 14" LOP on a field stock feels shorter than a 14" LOP on a pistol grip stock because of the position of your hand. A factory Mossberg 500 has a 14" LOP. Same with my Remington 700 with a Hogue stock. Some food for though.
View Quote

Both, I normally go with a 13" LOP on my shot guns

I have Magpul SGAs on some of my Mossbergs and on my 1301
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I don’t suppose any of the importers are bringing in barrels like benelli does that are designed to be cut down for sbs barrels?
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 223-Buckaroo:

I followed the steps in this video: https://youtu.be/R0T9qj1NHxU  and I filed a notch into the Carrier Dog on my gun.

I was then able to fire 82 flawless rounds with no issues. Completely solved the problem !

View Quote

holy crap there's a lot to unpack on that video lmao.... watch at the end of the video, the dog on the firing line and the apartment complex behind the "shooting range"

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have any experience with benelli M3 clones that are coming in?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#14]
There is almost zero information out there and they have been coming in for quite a while. Honestly unless you are a gambling man I'd avoid them.

SDS Imports has removed the S4, TAC 12, SAX 2. Duo SYS, Lynx, and Lynx 12 from their website. Sounds like they are dumping these for import so you can forget any support from them. Honestly they barely gave any support while they were actively importing them.

I might buy a Duo SYS but they need to get down to $200 or less. They are available for $265 now at Dahlonega Armory.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Dirtbiker427:
There is almost zero information out there and they have been coming in for quite a while. Honestly unless you are a gambling man I'd avoid them.

SDS Imports has removed the S4, TAC 12, SAX 2. Duo SYS, Lynx, and Lynx 12 from their website. Sounds like they are dumping these for import so you can forget any support from them. Honestly they barely gave any support while they were actively importing them.

I might buy a Duo SYS but they need to get down to $200 or less. They are available for $265 now at Dahlonega Armory.
View Quote

You're not the first person to post this in the last two pages but it's incorrect. They are still listed:
https://www.sdsimports.com/sdsimports-tac12-shotgun-p/tac-12.htm

https://www.sdsimports.com/sdsimports-s4-shotgun-p/s4.htm

https://www.sdsimports.com/sdsimports-lynx12hf-shotgun-p/lh12hf.htm

https://www.sdsimports.com/sdsimports-lynx12hf3g-shotgun-p/lh12hf3g.htm

The M3 clone is here:
https://www.sdsimports.com/sdsimports-duosys-shotgun-p/dsf12.htm

I sent my Tac-12 back for service after finding the piston issue right out of the box. It returned with all issues resolved and the only complaint I'd have is they didn't send me the manual back with it and they didn't turn it around quite as quick as I would have hoped.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:42:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sic_ness] [#16]
Originally Posted By xxbrotherhood77:
View Quote

Yes, I snagged one a little while back for like $270.
They’re ‘interesting’
I’m not a fan of the pistol grip stock with the finger grooves. Disassembling it, the rear of the receiver is entirely flat, with just a hole for the stock bolt. No way you’re fitting any sort of collapsible tube on there
Which is tragic, since that was my plan. I may pour some money into trying to get it work, I make good decisions like that.

Oh, and re: SDS delisting many models, most of them are no longer available from the usual distributors (RSR, Bill Hicks, etc) which leads me to believe they’re changing importers at the very least. Reminds me a little of when MKE f’ed over Zenith before switching to Century as importers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I would put a straight stock on one and call it a day if I bought. But I am not biting.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:54:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dirtbiker427] [#18]
You can only find those listed pages by direct link either the pages are cached or by direct Google search. All of the models listed are gone from their home page and under the shotgun tab.

I needed a firing pin retainer and it took 6 weeks to finally get one from SDS. I was promised it was "in the mail" for 4 of those. As far as I'm concerned I'm on my own as far as fixing problems with my S4.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

I was having the same trouble with my tac-12.  I was searching the web for Benelli  M-4 replacement part. I couldn’t find one, but I did find one for a Benelli Super Black II for $22.  It looked identical;  Gun Parts Corp. - Breech Bolt Latch.

I received it last week and it is identical except for finish & better machining.  I put 50 rds through the shotgun this weekend & no more feeding issues.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:16:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#20]
Originally Posted By Dirtbiker427: All of the models listed are gone from their home page and under the shotgun tab.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dirtbiker427: All of the models listed are gone from their home page and under the shotgun tab.

Clear your browser cache and go to www.sdsimports.com
Attachment Attached File

They have two of the shotguns you mentioned posted on the homepage under featured products. If you search by models under the search field over to the right they all come up. What appears to have changed is they are breaking some of the shotguns away as a separate branding, Tokarev USA.

http://www.tokarevusa.com/

It looks like they are wanting a branding that sounds better than SDS Imports, kind of like Century Arms wanting to have the Canik brand as a separate lineup under Canik USA.
https://www.canikusa.com/

I needed a firing pin retainer and it took 6 weeks to finally get one from SDS. I was promised it was "in the mail" for 4 of those. As far as I'm concerned I'm on my own as far as fixing problems with my S4.

My experience with the TAC12 was somewhat similar, if not slightly longer. It wasn't great to wait forever but eventually they got it taken care of. I mentioned the problem here as well and I've made sure to pass along my concerns to their management in a polite but clear manner. <<<I didn't ask to have Bill call me

At the end of the day I paid about 1/3 of what a Benelli M4 cost for the TAC12, and if you wanted to you could get the S4 from blackhawkarmory for 1/4 of what  Benelli M4 cost. With that in mind I've tried to moderate my expectations on the customer service and fine finishing sides. I think if you keep that in mind these guns are reasonable options.

Someone else posted that Bass Pro/Cabellas started offering these under their house branding. If that's true and they've kept the pricing down, perhaps they'll have the customer service side down to a bit faster pace that SDS.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Got my SDS Tac-12 to the range today. I wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the high quality information. I replaced the magazine tube, hand guards, magazine follower and stock (Sulun's field stock ordered from S&J in Canada).  The shotgun ran flawlessly, ran through 30 slugs without a hiccup.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Erik_O:
Got my SDS Tac-12 to the range today. I wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the high quality information. I replaced the magazine tube, hand guards, magazine follower and stock (Sulun's field stock ordered from S&J in Canada).  The shotgun ran flawlessly, ran through 30 slugs without a hiccup.
View Quote

Concur on the field stock. Just received mine and I like it a lot more than the collapsable pistol grip stock I had on mine before. My one gripe is the buttpad because the shape is not conducive to a replacement. I added a medium slip-on pachmyer pad, but I think the LOP might be too long.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Landsat8:

Concur on the field stock. Just received mine and I like it a lot more than the collapsable pistol grip stock I had on mine before. My one gripe is the buttpad because the shape is not conducive to a replacement. I added a medium slip-on pachmyer pad, but I think the LOP might be too long.
View Quote

Any pics? I kind of want a field stock instead of the collapsing stock but I’m afraid of the lop.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erik_O] [#24]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Any pics? I kind of want a field stock instead of the collapsing stock but I'm afraid of the lop.
View Quote

LOP is approximately 14.25" measured from the inside back of the trigger guard to the toe of the stock.

I admit I was worried about punishing recoil with the hard butt pad, but it was nothing to worry about. It wasn't any worse to me than a .308 rifle.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#25]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13783/8B1E72A1-E0E1-4508-97C7-02348D3CD299-2350518.jpg

LOP is approximate 14.25" measured from the inside back of the trigger guard to the toe of the stock.

I admit I was worried about punishing recoil with the hard butt pad, but it was nothing to worry about. It wasn't any worse to me than a .308 rifle.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Any pics? I kind of want a field stock instead of the collapsing stock but I'm afraid of the lop.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13783/8B1E72A1-E0E1-4508-97C7-02348D3CD299-2350518.jpg

LOP is approximate 14.25" measured from the inside back of the trigger guard to the toe of the stock.

Good to hear the recoil isn't bad. I went ahead and added a tri-rail clamp on the mag tube in front of the handguards for a TLR-1 and a QD swivel point drilled into the left side of the stock.
Rail
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Good to hear the recoil isn't bad. I went ahead and added a tri-rail clamp on the mag tube in front of the handguards for a TLR-1 and a QD swivel point drilled into the left side of the stock.
Rail
View Quote

I'd like to see photos of the QD installation on the stock, I hadn't thought of that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#27]

I'd like to see photos of the QD installation on the stock, I hadn't thought of that.
View All Quotes

Rail

I threaded the qd socket through the part of the stock with the reinforcement shim kind of piece because the rest of the stock was pretty thin.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:55:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: erwos] [#28]
Originally Posted By xxbrotherhood77:
View Quote

Yes, I have a Duo-Sys. They aren't as good as the S4, but they'll work (maybe after an RMA in some cases). Springs seem to be the main issue, or at least it was for me. Lube made a big difference in birdshot functioning reliably in semi-auto mode, but just like the real M3, YMMV. Kicks hard due to the inertia system vs the rather softer push of the S4.

The back of the gun is compatible with the SJ Hardware adapter plate, so you can throw an SGA stock on it. I found that I needed the highest cheek riser when using an SGA stock, but it did put my eye in a good place for the irons after doing so.

The mag tube is old style, and is literally crimped on top with no real cap. If you want to install an extension (or replace the follower or spring), you will need to cut it or totally replace the tube. Nova extensions should fit (or at least the Nordic nut fits on mine). No idea what the thread situation on the receiver side is.

The trigger group is weird and has the shell release near the lifter hinge point.

The handguard is flat-out awful and very slippery. Silicon carbide treatment or skateboard tape is a decent fix.

SDS told me they were discontinuing these at SHOT. The S4 and Tac-12 were huge sellers, and are definitely going to be remaining in the sales catalog. The model may shift since I know they were trying to get them imported with better stocks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RexIII:

I was having the same trouble with my tac-12.  I was searching the web for Benelli  M-4 replacement part. I couldn’t find one, but I did find one for a Benelli Super Black II for $22.  It looked identical;  Gun Parts Corp. - Breech Bolt Latch.

I received it last week and it is identical except for finish & better machining.  I put 50 rds through the shotgun this weekend & no more feeding issues.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RexIII:

Mine fit too tight with the taran loading gate and found a replacement for an m1 that looked the same as well and just got it installed and functions correctly.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By erwos:

The back of the gun is compatible with the SJ Hardware adapter plate, so you can throw an SGA stock on it. I found that I needed the highest cheek riser when using an SGA stock, but it did put my eye in a good place for the irons after doing so.

View Quote

Are you referring to this adapter?
https://sjhardware.us/product/turkish-shotgun-stock-adaptor-plate/?v=7516fd43adaa
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sic_ness:

Are you referring to this adapter?
https://sjhardware.us/product/turkish-shotgun-stock-adaptor-plate/?v=7516fd43adaa
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#32]
If anyone else has a hard to push bolt release button with the taran lifter installed I just swapped over to a benelli shell release lever and seems like that fits against the lifter better and my bolt release feels normal again.  

I was also going to swap over to a benelli version of the pin that goes through the trigger guard while I had things apart but found it too large to fit without hammering it in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Regarding the Lynx, they just came out with a Gen 2 with forged everything (Bolt carrier was cast). Not sure about the other guns
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#34]
So what's the current pricing of the SDS and other clones?  Are they dropping with a huge amount of other shotguns on the market or moving upwards with Benelli fandom?

When they hit $300 it would be a deal, not sure at $600
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#35]
The sling loop on my tac12 has sharp edges and was starting to fray my sling so tried swapping a benelli sling loop over to it and didn't fit. The plate itself is thicker than the Turkish one and the original snap ring was a bit too thick to seat in the recess.  Not sure if an actual benelli snap ring is thinner or if they just didn't match that dimension on the tac12.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 4:54:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Karankawa] [#36]
Originally Posted By joegoos:
The sling loop on my tac12 has sharp edges and was starting to fray my sling so tried swapping a benelli sling loop over to it and didn't fit. The plate itself is thicker than the Turkish one and the original snap ring was a bit too thick to seat in the recess.  Not sure if an actual benelli snap ring is thinner or if they just didn't match that dimension on the tac12.
View Quote

Mine fit fine but I wanted a light mount. This worked well except the original snap ring let it flop around.

I think it was part number 90030A117 from McMaster Carr that made it perfect.

Or you could just file it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:

Mine fit fine but I wanted a light mount. This worked well except the original snap ring let it flop around.

View All Quotes

Yah I was trying to leave the finishes intact but might try finding a different snap ring at some point.  I was debating trying the impact weapons mount but decided I didnt need a light on this gun.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Yah I was trying to leave the finishes intact but might try finding a different snap ring at some point.  I was debating trying the impact weapons mount but decided I didnt need a light on this gun.
View Quote

That’s probably what I would have ordered had I seen Garand Thumb’s video first. Without the light it looks very low profile and the way the QD sockets are oriented downward a bit looks pretty slick.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#39]
I just had to keep messing with mine until I broke it.

Now with the TTI lifter and genuine Benelli bolt release as improved by GGG I have to hit the shell release each time. It will cycle ghost loads just fine. What should I bend, cut or hammer first?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#40]
I just had to keep messing with mine until I broke it.

Now with the TTI lifter and genuine Benelli bolt release as improved by GGG I have to hit the shell release each time. It will cycle ghost loads just fine. What should I bend, cut or hammer first?
View Quote

Might be the breech bolt latch. Mine didn't fit right on the taran lifter and swapped it with one for a benelli m1, I think someone else swapped theirs with one from a nova or some other model benelli as well.   I also had to swap my shell release lever as with the taran lifter I pretty well had to pull the charging handle back to be able to push it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:01:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Karankawa] [#41]

Might be the breech bolt latch. Mine didn't fit right on the taran lifter and swapped it with one for a benelli m1, I think someone else swapped theirs with one from a nova or some other model benelli as well.   I also had to swap my shell release lever as with the taran lifter I pretty well had to pull the charging handle back to be able to push it.
View Quote

Thanks. I read that about that latch and saw the $17 price so thought why not? Couldn’t find one in stock anywhere, even at over $60 now.

If I keep dry firing it trying to get it to run the habit of hitting the shell release is gonna be ingrained in my mind.

ETA: put it back together and it works properly, with dummy shells at least. Now the lifter is dragging a bit. I’ll stone it smooth and maybe try to harden it.

Eventually I’ll get the A-S trigger housing and there’s nothing else to replace. Love this thing.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#42]
The steel on the breech latch and hammer is really soft. The latch had just a few rounds on it and was grooved. Easily smoothed up because it so soft. Got it glowing and quenched in ice water. It’s half assed tempering in the oven with a pizza right now. Gonna continue to look for a genuine Benelli replacement.

The hammer had like a dozen dry fire/ function checks on it and already had divets. Y’all might want to harden or replace yours.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rubicon20032003] [#43]
The steel on the breech latch and hammer is really soft. The latch had just a few rounds on it and was grooved. Easily smoothed up because it so soft. Got it glowing and quenched in ice water. It’s half assed tempering in the oven with a pizza right now. Gonna continue to look for a genuine Benelli replacement.

The hammer had like a dozen dry fire/ function checks on it and already had divets. Y’all might want to harden or replace yours.
View Quote

That’s why we bought a  used Benelli m4 trigger group.Less messing around and only alittle more money in long run
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By rubicon20032003:

That’s why I bought a  used Benelli m4 trigger group.Less messing around and only alittle more money in long run
View Quote

That sounds like a smart move to me but…

Earlier in this thread someone had trouble with a domestic set iirc. Maybe the Italian metallurgy is better? Whatever, I’m learning and don’t mind hacking a clone. It may be relegated to spare parts if I buy the real deal.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:13:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rubicon20032003] [#45]

Earlier in this thread someone had trouble with a domestic set iirc. Maybe the Italian metallurgy is better? Whatever, I’m learning and don’t mind hacking a clone. It may be relegated to spare parts if I buy the real deal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rubicon20032003:

That’s why I bought a  used Benelli m4 trigger group.Less messing around and only alittle more money in long run

They don’t holdup after a lot of rounds being stock anyways.Only good parts we found on shop demo was barrel and receiver.Everything else was wore out junk..After around 2500 rounds.Now only stock Turkish part is receiver.Rest is Benelli or aftermarket now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:12:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Karankawa] [#46]
I came home looking forward to putting it together one more time for good. Had the little pieces sitting in a bag on a work table or cooling in the oven. My little shit dog got into them. Found everything except the tiny carrier dog pin that also isn’t available anywhere. I may have to run a magnet over her poop tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File

If it’s in there I officially have a poopnelli.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#47]
For everyone that has these, what is the best put together model/brand ?

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Eagle1899:

For everyone that has these, what is the best put together model/brand ?

View Quote

1: Benelli
2: SDS TAC-12
3: AKSA S4
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Four Peaks Copolla T4 .That we sold at shop never heard any complaints.And I own one.Never had a problem being bone stock
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Thanks, that was exactly the part I needed to get rid of the annoying rattle after installing the GG&G part.
Page / 53
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top