It’s 12.5 on the Mesa Urbino.
View Quote

I don't want a pistol grip stock, I want a standard style stock

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BobaDebt:

https://www.benelliparts.net/uploads/4/9/4/0/49405335/s731277133475669961_p33_i1_w500.jpeg
View Quote

Delta Mike in New Zealand and S&J Hardware in Canada have the Sulun fixed stocks in occasionally. They're both sold out at the moment but sign up for in stock notifications.

https://www.deltamike.co.nz/product/fixed-stock-sulun-tac-12/

https://www.sjhardware.com/product/turknelli-tac-12-fixed-buttstock/
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ninja99:

Delta Mike in New Zealand and S&J Hardware in Canada have the Sulun fixed stocks in occasionally. They're both sold out at the moment but sign up for in stock notifications.

https://www.deltamike.co.nz/product/fixed-stock-sulun-tac-12/

https://www.sjhardware.com/product/turknelli-tac-12-fixed-buttstock/
View Quote

Neither seller lists the LOP, does anyone know what it is?

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]

https://www.benelliparts.net/uploads/4/9/4/0/49405335/s731277133475669961_p33_i1_w500.jpeg
View Quote

It’s called a field stock and nobody makes a short one. The Urbino has a gross pistol grip for people with deformed thumbs. Awkwardly wide and flat on the back strap.

I’ve written Magpul asking them to make a fixed stock, perhaps with interchangeable grip. Or a field stock. Even a buffer tube style collapsible would be better. They already offer the SGA but only for Mossberg and the 870. If enough people write them maybe it will happen. I don’t know if it’s possible with the recoil spring assembly but there are adapters to fit the SGA to a Beretta shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:06:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BobaDebt] [#5]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:

It’s called a field stock and nobody makes a short one. The Urbino has a gross pistol grip for people with deformed thumbs. Awkwardly wide and flat on the back strap.

I’ve written Magpul asking them to make a fixed stock, perhaps with interchangeable grip. Or a field stock. Even a buffer tube style collapsible would be better. They already offer the SGA but only for Mossberg and the 870. If enough people write them maybe it will happen. I don’t know if it’s possible with the recoil spring assembly but there are adapters to fit the SGA to a Beretta shotgun.
View Quote

I have the SGA on my Beretta 1301 and 2 of my Mossberg 590s, I love that stock

But due to the angle of the buffer tube it's won't work.

You would think that with all of the new M4 clones someone would offer new stock alternatives
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I just received my SDS Tac-12 which I want to use to make a clone of the USMC M1014

By "clone" I mean I want to add the roll marks and maybe even the Qr nomenclature label

The Tac-12 has blank sides with all of the required manufacturer’s info on the bevels at the bottom of the receiver

So, I should be able to mirror what the military shotguns have, except I'll replace "Benelli" with SDS, etc.

However, I cannot find a single close-up picture of the military issued M1014

If anyone has some, please post them for me, otherwise I will have to take a trip to Camp Lejeune to see if they will let take a couple pictures of one in person

I want a real Benelli M4 with a field stock so I'll probably buy and LE M1014 and use the skeleton stock for my clone M1014 and install a field stock in it’s place

Really looking forward to both of these builds

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Just so you guys know, the benelli field stock is the same length as the pistol grip stock on the Aksa S4, as well as the Toros T4 field stock.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone have a different source for the Saulan Field Stock?

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Just buy a take-off Benelli field stock. There are plenty out there and they work.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wreckless:
Just buy a take-off Benelli field stock. There are plenty out there and they work.
View Quote

I can't find a Benelli stock for less the $190

I wonder if someone has a Saulan Feild stock that they would trade for my pistol gripped stock
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#11]
$145 in stock

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/81041

You can find cheaper take off's if you hawk the HK boards.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Which benelli clone do you have? If its an S4 it has a M1 buffer tube on it and you can use a M1 field stock. You need the sling plate for it as well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:02:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#13]
Does anyone have a different source for the Saulan Field Stock?

View Quote

I just sent you a link for a Sulun stock for $130 Australian Dollars ($94.83 USD).
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:29:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

Which benelli clone do you have? If its an S4 it has a M1 buffer tube on it and you can use a M1 field stock. You need the sling plate for it as well.
View Quote

I have and SDS Tac-12
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:30:31 AM EDT
[#15]
$145 in stock

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/81041

You can find cheaper take off's if you hawk the HK boards.
View Quote

Thanks

HK Boards???
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Thanks

HK Boards???
View Quote

Sorry, meant Benelli shotgun forums. That's where I got mine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I tried to join that forum and they never sent the confirmation email, and I can't do anything to get past that screen

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:41:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 223-Buckaroo] [#18]
I got my AU charging handle and it was just a little too tight to seat properly in my Tac-12. I took the bolt out and could see that it just wasn't in far enough to fully engage the detents. The original factory handle seated just fine.

So it's a $15 part on a project gun.... stuck the handle in my drill and hit it with a file until the shaft was just a little thinner..... and now it seats perfectly.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I tried to join that forum and they never sent the confirmation email, and I can't do anything to get past that screen

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Midway has benelli m1 field stocks for 85$ and 10$ sling plates.  You need to have a round buffer tube to use them though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By joegoos:

Midway has benelli m1 field stocks for 85$ and 10$ sling plates.  You need to have a round buffer tube to use them though.
View Quote

What do you mean by "You need to have a round buffer tube to use them though."  

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#21]

What do you mean by "You need to have a round buffer tube to use them though."  

View Quote

Some M4 clones come with a stock tube that looks like a CAR-15 tube. It is D-shaped with notches for the Turkish collapsible stock to use.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Hi guys, new to Turkish market.  Is the S4 from SDS and Four Peaks both the same Aksa made gun?

It looks like SDS is no longer offering, so I am assuming it is the same and now a new importer ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 5:59:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwhitehorne] [#23]
My SDS imports S4 I bought about 2 months ago is made by AKSA according to the box it came in.  David
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Some M4 clones come with a stock tube that looks like a CAR-15 tube. It is D-shaped with notches for the Turkish collapsible stock to use.
View Quote

I already have a Benelli 3 position buffer tube because eventually this will be used for an M1014 clone and the field stock will be used on the real Benelli LE M1014

I know it sounds weird but it's what I'm doing

So, you're saying the M1 field stock will work with a Benelli M4 Buffer tube?

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes it will but the bolt will need to match. I forget whether the Turkish one will work.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:
My SDS imports S4 I bought about 2 months ago is made by AKSA according to the box it came in.  David
View Quote

So, now SDS is not importing S4 or Mod-12 or whatever they called it.  But some other importer - 4 Peaks (a division of POF) is importing S4s, but it is a little sketchy whether they are the aksa or a T-S4 with a different model.

The whole Turkish import business is very opaque.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:19:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By can-man:

So, now SDS is not importing S4 or Mod-12 or whatever they called it.  But some other importer - 4 Peaks (a division of POF) is importing S4s, but it is a little sketchy whether they are the aksa or a T-S4 with a different model.

View Quote

Stop by the Grand Bazaar sometime and pick up a rug.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:43:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmac7979] [#28]
Originally Posted By can-man:

View Quote

To make this more confusing the Toros T-4 is now being imported by Standard Manufacturing.

Standard Manufacturing T4 page
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#29]
You can't tell the players without a score card with the Turks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#30]
SDS is still showing it on their website....by both S4 and TAC-12 ? SDS
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:02:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Southernfried] [#31]
It also appears basspro is now carrying them:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/four-peaks-copolla-t4-semi-auto-shotgun

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/four-peaks-copolla-sa-1212-12-gauge-semi-auto-shotgun

I thought about buying one from them, even though the price seems higher, at least if something goes wrong, I can take it back....still cant find any info on what the sa-1212 is a copy of, Im just guessing the M1 or M2?

I tried to make the links hot, but it would not allow it
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:48:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 223-Buckaroo] [#32]
So now I've got an issue with my TAC-12. It ran fine for probably 300+ rounds, mixed buckshot and birdshot loads.

Now, it will fire and extract 100%, but it won't feed the next round off of the lifter. The bolt just closes right over the top of it. If I rack it fast, most times it will still miss that round. I have to pull the bolt all the way back and then slowly start it feeding, once it picks it up, I can let go and it will feed. Fires and extracts just fine, and the problem happens again.

Im not sure whats happening so hopefully someone has some insight.  I have cleaned and oiled it, saw no visible damage anywhere, no peening, etc. The only upgrades on the gun are a +2 mag extension, Benelli OEM magazine spring, and an AU oversized charging handle. I did try putting the oem Turkish charging handle back in , but still no change. Also it did work previously with all of the upgrades in place.

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like the bolt isn't going all the way back

Are you running high brass

Originally Posted By 223-Buckaroo:
So now I've got an issue with my TAC-12. It ran fine for probably 300+ rounds, mixed buckshot and birdshot loads.

Now, it will fire and extract 100%, but it won't feed the next round off of the lifter. The bolt just closes right over the top of it. If I rack it fast, most times it will still miss that round. I have to pull the bolt all the way back and then slowly start it feeding, once it picks it up, I can let go and it will feed. Fires and extracts just fine, and the problem happens again.

Im not sure whats happening so hopefully someone has some insight.  I have cleaned and oiled it, saw no visible damage anywhere, no peening, etc. The only upgrades on the gun are a +2 mag extension, Benelli OEM magazine spring, and an AU oversized charging handle. I did try putting the oem Turkish charging handle back in , but still no change. Also it did work previously with all of the upgrades in place.

Any help is appreciated.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like the bolt isn't going all the way back

Are you running high brass

View Quote

Yes, high brass 00 Buck and high brass birdshot, both at 1330 fps
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Yes, high brass 00 Buck and high brass birdshot, both at 1330 fps
View Quote

Are both lifter springs on the trigger pack in tact?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:26:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 223-Buckaroo] [#36]

Are both lifter springs on the trigger pack in tact?
View Quote

All the springs look ok, but I'm not sure what you.mean by both? There's only one spring on the left side of the pack that is connected to the lifter assembly.

I just completely disassembled and reassembled the trigger pack. Nothing missing or broken.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Any help is appreciated.
View Quote

I've got an IAC/Norinco 870 clone shotgun, think it's the 987 model or something like that. The mag tube spring is the standard 870 length but the mag tube is longer than a standard 870. Because of that, the spring doesn't put as much pressure on the follower. I can outrun the mag tube spring pretty easily if I am firing fast but still aimed shots. I need to order a longer/higher lbs pressure springs from Wolff spring but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I say all of that to say if you are seeing the gun function if you do things slower by hand, but not when you rack at full speed, I'd be looking pretty hard at the magazine tube spring or evaluating the follower/tube for any indications that the shells are not moving as freely as the should under spring pressure.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Southernfried:
SDS is still showing it on their website....by both S4 and TAC-12 ? SDS
View Quote

I'm sure we'll see several importers bringing slightly different variations in. And yes, SDS appears to still be an importer.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Any help is appreciated.
View Quote

Is there any bolt deformation where the pistons contact it? Did you check to see if the pistons were bent? Are the pistons moving freely?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:58:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 223-Buckaroo] [#40]
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:

Is there any bolt deformation where the pistons contact it? Did you check to see if the pistons were bent? Are the pistons moving freely?
View Quote

No deformation that I can tell.... one gas plug had a brown o-ring instead of a black one like the other piston, and it was kinda chewed up. I replaced the o rings with new ones and cleaned the pistons  really well. Made sure both pistons were moving freely. But when I shot it again today still had the same problem.  It didn't change it at all.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#41]
I would get a quality Wolf extended magazine tube spring and try that. In the meantime try to stretch the spring a bit to see if that helps. If so then you've confirmed the issue.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#42]
No deformation that I can tell.... one gas plug had a brown o-ring instead of a black one like the other piston, and it was kinda chewed up. I replaced the o rings with new ones and cleaned the pistons  really well. Made sure both pistons were moving freely. But when I shot it again today still had the same problem.  It didn't change it at all.
View Quote

When said it had been functioning 100% up until now - is this new ammo you are shooting that you have not used before?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#43]
I would get a quality Wolf extended magazine tube spring and try that. In the meantime try to stretch the spring a bit to see if that helps. If so then you've confirmed the issue.
View Quote

I had purchased a Benelli OEM magazine spring because I added the 2 round extension, and the Benelli spring is a bit longer. I think I'll try putting the limiter back on to make it a 5 round tube again, and keep the longer spring in there.

Unfortunately,  it'll probably be a few days before I'll have a chance to go shoot it again.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:

When said it had been functioning 100% up until now - is this new ammo you are shooting that you have not used before?
View Quote

Yeah, same ammo I've been using... Sterling 00 Buck, Federal and Winchester high brass birdshot...

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:34:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Ok i have a bit of an update. Tonight I removed the shell stop latch from the gun and I can see what I think is uneven wear on it. I can't seem to get a good picture of it that is clear enough to see, though. But there are a couple spots that the black finish is completely worn off. The magazine has always been fairly hard to load, requiring a bit of an extra push to get the shell to go past that edge and stay in the tube. Harder than any of my other shotguns, at least.

So the question is, could that edge be dragging on the shells enough to slow them down and cause the feeding issue? Is it some thing I can fix, or would it be better to just replace that part?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:26:18 AM EDT
[#46]
For anyone that’s interested, Classic Firearms is selling the Panzer M4 again.  They have it on sale for $449 right now.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/panzer-arms-m4-semi-automatic-tactical-12-ga-shotgun-3-5rd-inertia-driven-black/
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Ok i have a bit of an update. Tonight I removed the shell stop latch from the gun and I can see what I think is uneven wear on it. I can't seem to get a good picture of it that is clear enough to see, though. But there are a couple spots that the black finish is completely worn off. The magazine has always been fairly hard to load, requiring a bit of an extra push to get the shell to go past that edge and stay in the tube. Harder than any of my other shotguns, at least.

So the question is, could that edge be dragging on the shells enough to slow them down and cause the feeding issue? Is it some thing I can fix, or would it be better to just replace that part?
View Quote

Yes, that is entirely possible. It sounds like you have a good lead on your issue.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn! Just found a YouTube video that shows how to fix the exact issue im having on my TAC12:

https://youtu.be/R0T9qj1NHxU
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Damn! Just found a YouTube video that shows how to fix the exact issue im having on my TAC12:

https://youtu.be/R0T9qj1NHxU
View Quote

When I installed the TTI lifter in my T4 that piece was locking my bolt back. It had a "ledge" on it with a 90 degree angle. I replaced it with a Benelli part and never looked back.
Page / 53
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top