Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2017 8:54:44 PM EDT
Seems that with a virgin receiver and >26 overall length it should be a legal "firearm." Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:25:47 AM EDT
[#2]
It could be made as a handgun with a "rifled" barrel and be officially chambered in 45 Long Colt.  Lever actions are finicky about cartridge length, so tuning it for both cartridges with reliable feeding may be tricky, but probably there is a solution.

I'd buy one if it was not ridiculously priced.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Would certainly be cool! I bet Chiappa or Uberti would do it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Taurus (Rossi) actually made one, the Trail Judge, but I think they had legal issues selling it. Or maybe they said it was lack of consumer interest, can't remember. I've seen pictures of it. I think it was at a Shot Show, maybe 2011?

OK, here's an article discussing it. I sure wish they would have made them.

Rossi Trail Judge
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember the Trail Judge - wanted it then it disappeared from the catalog.

Henry came out with a 410 lever recently - maybe a rifled version that can fire 45 long Colt single shot and 410 via tube magazine would be an interesting Mares leg.
Anyone have a contact at Henry - They seem to be making Mares legs in other calibers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I remember the Trail Judge - wanted it then it disappeared from the catalog.

Henry came out with a 410 lever recently - maybe a rifled version that can fire 45 long Colt single shot and 410 via tube magazine would be an interesting Mares leg.
Anyone have a contact at Henry - They seem to be making Mares legs in other calibers.
View Quote
I think the issue would be the different lengths between the 410 and 45LC cartridges. The Trail Judge could only fire 410 shells.

But I don't see why Henry couldn't modify this lever action shotgun into a 26" "firearm" without a stock. They could bypass the need for a rifled barrel, since it's not a pistol, nor would it be a shotgun, legally. It would be an "other," just like the Shockwave.

Henry 410 lever shotgun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top