Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2017 7:10:15 PM EDT
Was just gifted a Stevens 520 by my FIL, was his fathers rabbit gun. Any reason to not shoot it. (Looks to have been manufactured between 1920-1924)

It has not been shot in 70 years, looks like it was the last time it saw some oil as well.

I have no real need to shoot it, just thought it might enjoy the exercise

Probably clean it up a little, shoot it a few times re-clean and hang on the wall.  

Shoot or just oil it up and hang it on the wall?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's in shooting condition, shoot it at least once just for the enjoyment of shooting an old classic.
Just no steel ammo.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
As previously pointed out, no steel shot. Outside of that, the Stevens 520 is very stoutly made and should be enjoyed!
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks

Will get it out this weekend for some firewood gathering.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the chamber 2 3/4?   It should be but if it isn't marked have it checked.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
They work well, John Browning design.  A take down as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw some Stevens 520 pumps in military configuration in one of our arms room when I was with the 2nd ID in S. Korea .
Looked like 20" barrels .
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw some Stevens 520 pumps in military configuration in one of our arms room when I was with the 2nd ID in S. Korea .
Looked like 20" barrels .
View Quote
The riot or military versions came in 20inch barrels.

Pretty awesome you actually got to see them in an arms room!
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The riot or military versions came in 20inch barrels.

Pretty awesome you actually got to see them in an arms room!
View Quote
Yeah I took one out of the rack to look at it since I've always had a thing about military shotguns .
I never did see them ever come out of the arms room though . I went to a tank units arms room one time while there and they had racks and racks of M3a1 grease guns .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top