Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2017 9:02:25 PM EDT
Anyone else have this happen to them? Brand New Mossberg 590 7 round blew the front bead off on its first shot.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome. Couldn't zero my 590A1 GRS. Mossberg hooked me up, but it never should have left the factory like that. They'll hook you up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Every now and then that happens, I'm amazed at how little thread contact holds a shotgun bead on yet most never fail. Mossberg will take care of it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#3]
It also had significant failure to feed, shell stop issues. As well as a lot of light primer strikes. I politely brought it back to local Mossberg dealer very displeased.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I think mine skipped QC completely
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It also had significant failure to feed, shell stop issues. As well as a lot of light primer strikes. I politely brought it back to local Mossberg dealer very displeased.
View Quote
What ammo were you using?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Winchester 00 and some cheap supreme 00.  A pump should eat anything up. No issues with my 835
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Were they not feeding from the Mag tube?  Like you rack the slide and nothing feeds, just stays in the tube.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes the issue was from the magazine tube. Shell stop not to spec perhaps.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#9]
My 500.did that,  a friend of mine showed me how to fix it. You remove the shell stop and ever so gently bend it outwards.

Hasn't happened since.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Talked to my Mossberg dealer, he said he disassembled the whole thing, but was still getting some some light primer strikes. But mended the feeding issue and retapped a new front bead. He wanted to troubleshoot before sending it back. I'm quite disappointed with with mossberg's quality control and just want a functioning shotgun. Anyone else having multiple issues?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top