Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't find out til a couple weeks later.   I won a trophy at the State shoot.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:15:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WeimaranerDad] [#2]
Very nice!

Way better looking than any trophy / plaque I got shooting IDPA or USPSA.

EDIT :

Wait!  What?

At first I thought you had your shotgun all put together, and like the buttstock was in between the front seats and the gun was just leaning on the trophy in the back seat.

I am guessing that is just a mock over under barrel set….right?

I have a POS Baikal that I would be willing to donate the barrels for next year.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WeimaranerDad:
Very nice!

Way better looking than any trophy / plaque I got shooting IDPA or USPSA.

EDIT :

Wait!  What?

At first I thought you had your shotgun all put together, and like the buttstock was in between the front seats and the gun was just leaning on the trophy in the back seat.

I am guessing that is just a mock over under barrel set .right?

I have a POS Baikal that I would be willing to donate the barrels for next year.

View Quote

Yeah.  Not my best photo work.  It's got a set of faux barrels and that clay target on the top of it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BigDeeeeeeee:
Congrats!
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M-60:

Yeah.  Not my best photo work.  It's got a set of faux barrels and that clay target on the top of it.
View Quote

Okay, cool!

This is ancient history now, but back…way back in 2007 I shot the IDPA Oklahoma state/Badlands match and won my class in that division.  So I got the “bump” to the next higher classification….and an el cheapo particle board plaque.

The particle board was off-gassing so much of whatever  that it stunk up the car and gave me a headache.  I had to put it in the trunk for the carpool ride back home to the St. Louis metro area.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ll be going to the Grand soon (as a tourist, not an actual trapshooting competitor).

I am thinking about taking lots of pics.

I am thinking of starting my own thread here in this subforun.

Or I can just add the pics here in this thread???
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ll be going to the Grand soon (as a tourist, not an actual trapshooting competitor).

I am thinking about taking lots of pics.

I am thinking of starting my own thread here in this subforun.

Or I can just add the pics here in this thread???
View Quote

Get both!
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Well…for starters, you have to realize the size of the place:

Here is the western half with the 4 vendor buildings, the grand stands, and the skeet high and low houses as well:

Attachment Attached File

Here is the eastern half (no skeet, just strictly trap houses) :

Attachment Attached File

I won’t bore you all with a bunch of details and pics, but here is a pic facing east to give you an idea of all the competitors and vendors there:

Attachment Attached File

Some doubles trap:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:07:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WeimaranerDad] [#11]
Math is hard.

I shot 3 rounds of trap on Wednesday, and then I shot 2 rounds of trap today.

I figured out what I am gonna do to help me keep track .

Break open the gun and catch the shell.  If I broke the bird, the empty goes in the mesh bag hanging off my belt.

If it was a miss, I will throw the empty on the concrete sidewalk behind me.

Then after we are all done shooting that round, I’ll come back to pick up my empties.

Thank you Mojo stick!

EDIt:  for the second round today, i shot my 725 in 20 gauge.  So the yellow empties are real easy to spot when they are on the ground.

A perfect 25 is still eluding me.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Math is hard.

I shot 3 rounds of trap on Wednesday, and then I shot 2 rounds of trap today.

Break open the gun and catch the shell.  If I broke the bird, the empty goes in the mesh bag hanging off my belt.

Then after we are all done shooting that round, I'll come back to pick up my empties.

Thank you Mojo stick!

EDIt:  for the second round today, i shot my 725 in 20 gauge.  So the yellow empties are real easy to spot when they are on the ground.

A perfect 25 is still eluding me.  
View Quote
I used to do that with skeet.  I put a missed target hull in the front pocket and the hit targets in the pouch in the back.   I haven't done that for a while now, because now I can just remember what I miss. Usually 1 or 2 targets only luckily.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Then after we are all done shooting that round, I’ll come back to pick up my empties.
View Quote

Bob Allen sells a pouch with three pockets -- a mesh pocket for empties and two pockets for shells. I use one of the shell pockets for my fresh shells, and put any misses I have in the other pocket. At the end of the round I just count the misses in the front pocket.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 5:38:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperMoose] [#14]
I joined a local trap club sometime last year. Shot my first ATA event the other week. Shot a 91.

Went to shoot during practice the following Tuesday and shot a 96.

Bought a Beretta 695, which is a field gun, but I wanted the fancy engraving and nice wood. I’m probably gonna have to grab a 692 at some point.

Busting clays is probably the most fun I have shooting.

Sporting clays is awesome too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Bladeswitcher:

Bob Allen sells a pouch with three pockets -- a mesh pocket for empties and two pockets for shells. I use one of the shell pockets for my fresh shells, and put any misses I have in the other pocket. At the end of the round I just count the misses in the front pocket.
View Quote

I shot 3 rounds of trap yesterday….1 with the 12 gauge, and 2 with the 20.

I went 21, 19, and 20 .

The perfect 25 still eludes me.  

This was at a club about 1 hour away.  I brought my girlfriend along.  I thought she was just going to spectate, but the she goes “I wanna try!”

She is left handed.

But I think we figured out yesterday she is right eye dominant.  So we had her switch to her right shoulder later in the day.  She only shot 8 times.  She broke one bird.

I think the shotguns are just too heavy for her.  Her arm or shoulder strength “ain’t” there.  

Anywhoooo….

Yesterday I was wearing cargo shorts, so I just my misses in my cargo pocket….instead of my mesh bag.

I just learned yesterday that this gun club has a wobble trap.

I am going to have to give that a try.

Link Posted: 8/29/2022 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#16]

I shot 3 rounds of trap yesterday .1 with the 12 gauge, and 2 with the 20.

I went 21, 19, and 20 .

The perfect 25 still eludes me.  

This was at a club about 1 hour away.  I brought my girlfriend along.  I thought she was just going to spectate, but the she goes "I wanna try!"

She is left handed.

But I think we figured out yesterday she is right eye dominant.  So we had her switch to her right shoulder later in the day.  She only shot 8 times.  She broke one bird.

I think the shotguns are just too heavy for her.  Her arm or shoulder strength "ain't" there.  

Anywhoooo .

Yesterday I was wearing cargo shorts, so I just my misses in my cargo pocket .instead of my mesh bag.

I just learned yesterday that this gun club has a wobble trap.

I am going to have to give that a try.

View Quote
Fantastic!

Other than it was trap you were shooting, sounds like a good day!

Link Posted: 8/29/2022 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SuperMoose:
I joined a local trap club sometime last year. Shot my first ATA event the other week. Shot a 91.

Went to shoot during practice the following Tuesday and shot a 96.

Bought a Beretta 695, which is a field gun, but I wanted the fancy engraving and nice wood. I'm probably gonna have to grab a 692 at some point.

Busting clays is probably the most fun I have shooting.

Sporting clays is awesome too.
View Quote
I was a skeet shooter pretty much exclusively.  Then my friends convinced me to go shoot sporting.  I'd do that every weekend if I could.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I was a skeet shooter pretty much exclusively.  Then my friends convinced me to go shoot sporting.  I'd do that every weekend if I could.
View Quote

congrats on the placement, how many did you hit/miss to get the trophy?
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 3:45:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-60] [#19]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

View Quote
Thanks!

I'll have to check.  I didn't shoot very well that weekend.  In my class, I think I was 6th overall but 3rd for "in State" shooters.

163/200 was my overall score.  I can certainly do better, but couldn't put it together on this shoot.

Edit: 3740 registered sporting targets so far.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks!

I'll have to check.  I didn't shoot very well that weekend.  In my class, I think I was 6th overall but 3rd for "in State" shooters.

163/200 was my overall score.  I can certainly do better, but couldn't put it together on this shoot.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks!

Wow, tyhat's a bad weekend eh?  

Interesting, thanks.  any insight into how the classes are typically broken out?

I've thought about entering shoots but frankly haven't had the confidence.  I usually shoot in the mid 80's on the courses around me with the random off day where i just can't find my zen.  Had a 93 or 94 once but that course was easy though nice (LeHigh in PA).
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Wow, tyhat's a bad weekend eh?  

Interesting, thanks.  any insight into how the classes are typically broken out?

I've thought about entering shoots but frankly haven't had the confidence.  I usually shoot in the mid 80's on the courses around me with the random off day where i just can't find my zen.  Had a 93 or 94 once but that course was easy though nice (LeHigh in PA).
View Quote
Scoring is based off of "punches"  When you win, you get a punch.  You can get a punch if you are shooting in a group of 20 shooters (in your class) if you place 5th or whatever. If there are only 3 shooters in your class, you can win, and not get a punch at all.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2022 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Fantastic!

Other than it was trap you were shooting, sounds like a good day!

View Quote

I am in the “training wheels mode”.  My hunting buddy is not confident enough yet to try skeet.

I shot more trap yesterday at my home range/club.

I earned my key to all 3 houses, but it us just the trap field that is equipped with voice remotes.

So yesterday was my first time out there shooting trap, and my first time setting up the machine/microphones :

You all might have to zoom in on this pic for a better view, but I could swear the trap house seems to sit unusually higher or taller than any other trap houses I have seen :

Attachment Attached File

???

Here is the front of the house;

Attachment Attached File

It is rather awkward to get down in there to load the macine too (a Pat Trap).

I wish there is a “carousel” advance so that I could just stand in one (more comfortable ) spot and load each “magazine).

Link Posted: 8/30/2022 6:44:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-60] [#23]
that house does seem a lot high.   The traps at our club are sunk into the ground and fire right above the ground and go up from their.

It also looks like that thing would be a pain in the ass to load.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2022 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#24]
There is a point on the trap machine, I think where the target sits on the platten, that is supposed to be level with the foot pads.  The roof height is supposed to be a set distance above that point. I don't recall exactly, but 24- 30" I think.

The wobble trap should be set up to where the roof is at foot elevation.  Otherwise really low targets tend to result in folks shooting the back of the trap house.  Wobble can be set up to approximate Olympic trap, they throw some very low very fast targets at much more extreme angles that American trap.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#25]
that house does seem a lot high.   The traps at our club are sunk into the ground and fire right above the ground and go up from their.

It also looks like that thing would be a pain in the ass to load.  

https://photos.smugmug.com/HILLSBORO-TRAP-AND-SKEET/i-Ff2RhQH/0/1792da2d/L/MAMM1983-L.jpg
View Quote

It is a PITA to load.

But I heard that from other people already.

One club I was a member at had Promatics.  The trap houses had a hatch in the roof.  That made it a lot easier to load.

Remember that movie “Cool Hand Luke” ?

That’s what it was like Monday loading that trap machine.

It has a steel plate roof.

It held all the heat in.

Attachment Attached File

“Any man who don’t keep order, spends a night in the box.”

I’ll know next time…. Bring an extra T shirt…a towel….and extra gatorade/ice water.  And go early.

Not to mention that black dust everywhere.  I barely had room to turn around.  Of course, sweat soaked clothes are real good at collecting that black dust.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By johnh57:
There is a point on the trap machine, I think where the target sits on the platten, that is supposed to be level with the foot pads.  The roof height is supposed to be a set distance above that point. I don't recall exactly, but 24- 30" I think.

The wobble trap should be set up to where the roof is at foot elevation.  Otherwise really low targets tend to result in folks shooting the back of the trap house.  Wobble can be set up to approximate Olympic trap, they throw some very low very fast targets at much more extreme angles that American trap.
View Quote

Somebody had carved the date the sidewalk(s)was poured for the trap field.  It was sometime in 1984.  It was all volunteers / DIY and pre-dates laser levels.

So I doubt back then, any of the club members knew how to run a transit or builder’s level either.  

When I go back there to that particular trap house, I’ll have to see if the machine is sitting on a concrete pedestal.

I just did some reading up on setting the angle/elevation of the throwing machine.

I guess some clubs have a stake so far out in front of the trap house.  And then there is a separate T bar that is 9 to 10 feet tall.  This T bar rests on that stake.  The birds are supposed to fly over the 9 foot T bar.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:43:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnh57] [#29]
There should be a piece of wood on your t-bar, set the machine to hit that piece of wood.  It is also supposed to throw the target a specified distance. There should be a distance stake 50 yards out beyond the trap house.  

The stake for the t-bar should be 10 yards out (technically from 'point b' which is a point at foot elevation and 18" inside the front of the trap house.)  T-bar should be 9 to 9.5 feet above foot elevation.  Our field has a road in front of the trap houses about floor level of the trap house so our bang boards are somewhere around 14 feet high.  We use a couple pieces of conduit that telescope out and there is a mark on it for each field.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mike103:
I have shot at a few clubs where the trap house looks high as yours does.

But the club members assured me that the houses were the proper hight but because of the land sloping downward it caused a optical allusion so to speak.

I find most trap houses uncomfortable to load. There was a thread on Trapshooters.com where a guy built a trap field in his yard that you could walk into for loading.
View Quote

The one club I was at that had the Promatics was BYOB.

Bring
Your
Own
Birds

So you had to load your own before you started shooting.

Those trap houses were set deep enough into the dirt that you walked through a normal height door on the side….hitting the breaker box/disconnect before you opened the door.

But you first put your boxes of clays on top of the roof.

Then once inside, you opened this roof hatch.  Then you stood  on a step stool in that hatch opening, and loaded the machine through the top.  Once you loaded up the machine with enough birds, then you closed the hatch, closed the door, and turned the breaker back on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#31]
There should be a piece of wood on your t-bar, set the machine to hit that piece of wood.  It is also supposed to throw the target a specified distance. There should be a distance stake 50 yards out beyond the trap house.  

View Quote

Yeah, I just read that too.

How everything is graded out there, I don’t know if a stake at 50 yards is possible :

Attachment Attached File

That’s the high house on the right.

The traphouse is actually to the left of that picture.

Some of the clays end up in the trees.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#32]
There is a guide on the ata website (www.shootata.com) for using a radar gun.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#33]
There is a guide on the ata website (www.shootata.com) for using a radar gun.
View Quote

Yeah, some old timers I ate lunch with Sunday after shooting trap said something about a radar gun.

As far as the traphouse height goes, I made my way to the mothership or Mecca today:

Attachment Attached File

Turns out the one guy who would have the know-how was on vacation.

:-(

But I ended up shooting 3 rounds of trap while I was there.  Two with the 12ga and just 1 with the 20.

First round was crappy like a 17.

Second round was a 20.

The third and final round … which was with the 20 gauge…. I shot a 23.

:-)

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 9:27:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WeimaranerDad] [#34]
Also, the old timers I ate lunch with on Sunday told me about this thing called a “Calcutta”.

So I have been reading up this morning:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And years ago I first heard about tower shoots where they kick live birds out of a tower.  Somehow there is money or winnings involved with those too.

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, I remember the thread in GD about 6 months to a year ago featuring this article:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Scoring is based off of "punches"  When you win, you get a punch.  You can get a punch if you are shooting in a group of 20 shooters (in your class) if you place 5th or whatever. If there are only 3 shooters in your class, you can win, and not get a punch at all.  

https://photos.smugmug.com/HILLSBORO-TRAP-AND-SKEET/i-PvCrjzs/0/e4dd191c/M/Picture2-M.jpg
View Quote

oh interesting, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Awesome info. Thanks for the post.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Shot a round of sporting clays yesterday.  First time to the course in several years.  Had a blast.  Used some 7/8oz #8's 1300 fps loads I had loaded for a summer bunker league. Everything I hit broke.

While there we looked at a relatively new clays game.  ZZ-bird, maybe helice in some areas.   Set up like a live bird shoot.  5 boxes in a ring, voice calls.  You don't know which of the 5 boxes is going to fire.  Each of the 5 boxes has a small motor that oscillates both vertical and horizontal.  There is a rack of targets that feeds each box.  The targets are an orange plastic 2 bladed propeller maybe 12" across.  The center of the target is a separate white plastic insert about the size of a clay target.  The machine spins the propeller gizmo up to 5,000 rpm (adjustable speed).  When you call for your target the spinning target is released and takes off wherever the machine happens to be pointing- but like a bird the fool thing can veer off in all sorts of directions.  You get 2 shots from a station 28 yards away from the 5 boxes.  The targets are designed so it takes a fair amount of energy to separate the white core from the propeller.  You only score a hit if the white core falls inside the distance ring.  

Looked like a lot of fun, but its expensive.  The white core can be gathered up and reused, but the propeller is a one shot deal.  The guy setting the course up said currently the propellers are about $2 ea and have to imported from Italy.  He's throwing targets at cost to get some following in the area.  A round consists of 30 targets.

Apparently it's getting a big following and very high Calcutta numbers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I've wanted to try that too.  But as mentioned before  $$$ and there isn't anyone around here that throws those.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:22:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Shot a round of sporting clays yesterday.  First time to the course in several years.  Had a blast.  Used some 7/8oz #8's 1300 fps loads I had loaded for a summer bunker league. Everything I hit broke.

While there we looked at a relatively new clays game.  ZZ-bird, maybe helice in some areas.   Set up like a live bird shoot.  5 boxes in a ring, voice calls.  You don't know which of the 5 boxes is going to fire.  Each of the 5 boxes has a small motor that oscillates both vertical and horizontal.  There is a rack of targets that feeds each box.  The targets are an orange plastic 2 bladed propeller maybe 12" across.  The center of the target is a separate white plastic insert about the size of a clay target.  The machine spins the propeller gizmo up to 5,000 rpm (adjustable speed).  When you call for your target the spinning target is released and takes off wherever the machine happens to be pointing- but like a bird the fool thing can veer off in all sorts of directions.  You get 2 shots from a station 28 yards away from the 5 boxes.  The targets are designed so it takes a fair amount of energy to separate the white core from the propeller.  You only score a hit if the white core falls inside the distance ring.  

Looked like a lot of fun, but its expensive.  The white core can be gathered up and reused, but the propeller is a one shot deal.  The guy setting the course up said currently the propellers are about $2 ea and have to imported from Italy.  He's throwing targets at cost to get some following in the area.  A round consists of 30 targets.

View Quote

Where's this?
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:35:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WeimaranerDad] [#44]

View Quote

Damn!

That sounds bad ass!

I found this video…. It shows the targets and the “throwers” better:

Clip ZZs at Kiper Farms Source

EDIT:  that vid was originally found at this link:

https://jimbozzflyers.com/

And they specifically mention “Calcutta” and cash options (whatever that means).

Link Posted: 9/5/2022 2:16:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnh57] [#45]
Originally Posted By BigDeeeeeeee:

Where's this?
View Quote

Big Sky Sporting Clays near Polson.  

When we run a Calcutta it's normally done during a social hour / dinner the night before.  Shooters pay something, like $5 to enter the calcutta as part of their registration. Then at dinner they are auctioned.  Sometimes it's by shooter - ie Jim is a 'b' shooter, and he will be auctioned to shoot high score his class.  Sometimes we start the bidding and the winning bid gets his/her pick of the shooters left on the board.   All the monies bid and the entry fees for a given class are totalled up and paid out 70% to the bidder, 30% to the shooter (club gets nothing, it's money in = money out).

Optional monies can be anything.  In skeet we have an optional class purse for every event, it's a $5 buy in.  All $ entries in your class get paid out to highest score in class - ties divide in the options. We also have 'oklahomas' in class - which is first 50, middle 50, last 50.  It's $9 entry paid out at $3 to first, middle, and last 50.  Again ties divide.  There are several other optional money games, lewis classes, champ of champs, red hots, etc.   These are all optional, you don't have to play them - but you don't win any of that purse if you don't play them.

In skeet usually there is a certain amount of money that is mandatory for either prize shoots or money shoots. Usually something like $8 or $10 per event.  Everyone shooting is paying into that purse (unless the club offers a 'targets only' option).  In trap it seems that base entry fees only enter you in an event, they dont enter you in any money options.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Damn!

That sounds bad ass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHAzh283mhM

And they specifically mention “Calcutta” and cash options (whatever that means).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Damn!

That sounds bad ass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHAzh283mhM

whoa
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Big Sky Sporting Clays near Polson.  

View Quote

Dammit. I was going to try to shoot there when I was up in Glacier end of last month/beginning of this month. Maybe next time I'm out there.

I heard it is a nice place to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

My one gunclub likes to post stuff to facebook.

What can I say???
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Shot 4 rounds of skeet yesterday.

2 with the 12

And 2 with the 20

It was my first time ever shooting my 20 gauge reloads.

They all went bang!

And I broke some birds.

Now if I could just find a skeet range that:

A.  Had a voice remote

And

B.  Faced north.

Starting out at station #1 with the high house bird…UGGHHhhh….it seems like you’re staring at the sun waiting for the bird to come out.  

This particular range faces due south.

Argghh…

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Shot 4 rounds of skeet yesterday.

2 with the 12

And 2 with the 20

It was my first time ever shooting my 20 gauge reloads.

They all went bang!

And I broke some birds.

Now if I could just find a skeet range that:

A.  Had a voice remote

And

B.  Faced north.

Starting out at station #1 with the high house bird…UGGHHhhh….it seems like you’re staring at the sun waiting for the bird to come out.  

This particular range faces due south.

Argghh…

View Quote

Congrats on the 20g loads.  

We have that problem as the sun sets.   When shooting the low 7, you're looking right into the sun.  It's a pain in the butt.  

I bought a BRB systems remote call.   It's fantastic when you're on your own.   It's also nice to not have to drag the cable around even with a group of people.  

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top