Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 7:08:49 PM EDT
Hello all, im wondering if any of y ou know of a cheaper yet also reliable verion of this:

http://www.surefire.com/M70-Mossberg-500-590-Picatinny-Forend    (hope its hot)

either way whats the verdict on these types of forends? too heavy?  want to throw a light and angular grip on this thing.

what do you guys think about the hogue forend?

BTW this is for a mossie 590A1
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Heavy and pricey. Just buy a barrel clamp and put a Surefire G2 on.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hello all, im wondering if any of y ou know of a cheaper yet also reliable verion of this:

http://www.surefire.com/M70-Mossberg-500-590-Picatinny-Forend    (hope its hot)

either way whats the verdict on these types of forends? too heavy?  want to throw a light and angular grip on this thing.

what do you guys think about the hogue forend?

BTW this is for a mossie 590A1

http://www.surefire.com/M70-Mossberg-500-590-Picatinny-Forend

Made hot....

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah the "cheese-grader" model.

Railed forearms on shotguns.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:03:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:07:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Get the Sure Fire Fore end and be done with it if your dictate a light on your shotgun.
Heavy yes, but the newer models are getting lighter and brighter.  Some good deals can be found,  but  they are worth every penny.  If you find a better solution, PLEASE post it.  I have spent the cost of the SureFire over again looking for something "as good" cheaper and lighter.  I finally broke down and got the purpose designed tool for my needs.  Here are some things to consider:
1) Do you loose control of the light while racking the slide or when it is back?
2) Wires to get tangled up or caught on something?
3) Will the light stand up to the shotgun recoil (G2 will require a shock isolated bezel unless it is LED).

If you use the railed fore end, good luck.... Resist the urge to put a VFG on it, you will bend your rails eventually.  Whatever you do, please train with it ....

Gratuitous picture
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Now, I've only played with one once and that's exactly what it was, just had never thought of the analogy... good one.

BTW, that one time getting to play with one and that's all it took, I'd never put one on a pump shotgun and can't see why folks do.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top