Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2010 1:24:50 PM EDT
Does anybody know who sells the wood stock and fore end for the 870P? Looking for the Walnut stuff that comes on the factory 870P's. Been looking on gunbroker and EE here but no luck yet. Any idea what dealers has them in stock or can order them?

Thanks

I have no interest in cutting non 870P parts to look like them. Lokking for factory items.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen the forend at brownell's
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
They have been discontinued by Remington.  Remington may have a few left so you are looking at about $225.00 total with shipping.

The best option will be to find a used set and refinish it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
eBay.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Try your local gunsmith. He may have some lying around, or maybe one that needs refinishing. I got my stock from a thread just like this one. A ARFCOM member sent me a PM and made me an offer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Good price on the gun smith take off forend as those are walnut and factory.   The stock is not nor do they claim it is.  So it is not an 870P stock and deffinately will not come with the R3 pad that the Remington stock comes with.  It may very well be a good quality after market stock so not saying don't get it.   I just wanted to note that it is not a Remington 870P stock.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good price on the gun smith take off forend as those are walnut and factory.   The stock is not nor do they claim it is.  So it is not an 870P stock and deffinately will not come with the R3 pad that the Remington stock comes with.  It may very well be a good quality after market stock so not saying don't get it.   I just wanted to note that it is not a Remington 870P stock.

Were 870P models always produced with walnut stocks?  They say on the site they are take offs from LE firearms.  Perhaps older 870Ps didn't have the walnut stocks and were a different hardwood?  If that's the case they definitely wouldn't have the R3 pad since they were most likely produced before it came out anyway.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Jag - I Stand corrected on the second link.  See how that is darker?  That is walnut for sure.  I am not sure about the other stock.  Notice the price difference?  I am very interested in the walnut  one now as I have plenty of the R3 pads.  Remington has not used that waffle pad in quite a few years so those are either old stocks or very old pictures.  It would not even surprise me if that second one did come with the R3 as that vendor is so big and has so many products they may not stay on top of the picture changes and are using an old picture.  SOMEONE BUY ONE QUICK SO WE CAN FIND OUT.

I got 30 sets from Hans Vang at the begining of last year.  All factory new take offs.  Thier will be no more and I am down to 9 sets and sitting on them in case I get Departmental rebuilds and some Old school chief wants wood on the weapons.   I don't want to loose a contract for lack of stocks.  So if anyone buys one of those Walnut ones and will e-mail wtih a picture me once they get it and let me know about the condition and the recoil pad.  I will repay your time with below dealer pricing on anything Remington.  I am a volume dealer so I get below stanard dealer.   If I don't hear from someone in a few weeks I will have to buy one to find out.

Like I said.  Remington wants $160 for the stock and $45 for the forend.  You then may have to buy the stock bolt which does not come with the washer so you have to buy that and may need to buy the stock bearing plate so add all that up with shipping and you are over $225.   My cost is only a little over half of that but that is still to much to pay for this stock set.  If that vendor still has these sets that is one of the best deals I have seen in some time.

Oh yes the early models were simply Wingmasters and had standard hardwood before the walnut just like you said.  That is the picture that I saw and that price was of course lower.  So big thanks for pointing out the walnut one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Order placed.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:16:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a set of the hardwood.

Should I expect much difficulty changing from a synthetic stock to a wood?  Any parts I'll need?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Should I expect much difficulty changing from a synthetic stock to a wood?  Any parts I'll need?

You'll need a forearm wrench to get the retaining nut off.  They're on eBay for $15 or so.

You might need a different stock screw, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  Check Remington's website for a parts diagram.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
eBay.  Seriously.

Ditto that's where I got my sweet "corn cob" style fore end from.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#13]
when changing from Synthetic to wood you will need the stock bearing plate.  It is not used with synthetic stocks but mandatory for wood.  It is part # F19993 and retails for $3.20 on the Remington 2010 parts list.  It slips over the receiver stud before you install the stock.  It takes fills the space between the the end of the receiver and the end of the stock and ensures the stock will not split.

Please let us know when you get the walnut stock in and what recoil pad is on it.  A picture whould be great also.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll need a forearm wrench to get the retaining nut off.  They're on eBay for $15 or so.

You might need a different stock screw, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  Check Remington's website for a parts diagram.

Yep,  the stock screw for the wood set is about an inch or so shorter than synthetic, I don't remember off the top the top of my head.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=91070C&catid=11943

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=98810C&catid=11943

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=91090C&catid=11943

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=91110H&catid=11943

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#15]
EmTea, have you got a better profile shot of that old corn cob foreend?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I have purchased two of the "hardwood" stocks and foreends from Numrich (one set this year), not the ones listed as walnut, Both sets had the vented recoil pads as pictured.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
EmTea, have you got a better profile shot of that old corn cob foreend?

Yeah sure! It's off the gun right now, I'm working on refinishing the stock to match the fore end.

The right side is what you'd call the front of the fore end.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Is this what your talking about?

Local dealer got a TON of 870's in from a PD that sold all of their shotguns.  Picked this up for $350, looks like it was un-issued.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#19]
yeah...thats what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Order placed.....

Got the order in yesterday. The parts look to be unused/new. They look to be older that were never used to build guns. They are not the same as the currant parts being used from Remington...diff finish. The finish is not as smooth but the wood and stain do look the same. The buttpad is the Remington waffle type. This does look to be org factory install on this stock. I cant post pics here but if you want some I can email them to you. I will keep these parts for my build but if I find take offs from a currant production I would rather have those.

Appi––-these would be perfect for a old time gun build as they are the ones that were used on older guns but again currant finish is nicer.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is this what your talking about?

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14/C223556/DSC00270.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14/C223556/DSC00271.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14/C223556/DSC00272.jpg

Local dealer got a TON of 870's in from a PD that sold all of their shotguns.  Picked this up for $350, looks like it was un-issued.

The parts I got look just like these.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#22]
thanks for the heads up.   I will jump on some sets as I have plenty of the R3 pads to upgrade them with.  Having a dozen sets in stock may mean getting a small department rebuild that I could miss if some old school chief wants wood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top