Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:34:29 AM EDT
Hi all,

I have an older Mossberg 500 that I have been using for Home defense but I decided to sell it and get an 870.  

My old Mossy didnt have an extension so I was stuck with 5 rounds which should be sufficient but who knows. Also, I really like the fact that Remington 870 are machined from a solid billet of steel.

Anyways, I was at my local Sportsman's warehouse and saw they had this Remington 870 Express magnum with 18" cyl. bore and a +2 extension already installed. It had a matte blue finish and a sythetic stock for $279+tax.

I know this isnt a POLICE MAGNUM but I figured I wont be shooting it that much so it doesnt need to be built like a brick shithouse or anything like that. Also, I dont think a Parkerized finish is necessary when it is under the bed or in the closet.

So, is this a good deal??? I would like to pick it up as it is the last one they have.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#1]
that's a decent deal. .considering good extensions run about $80-100
get a 26" or 28" barrel and you're ready for upland birds or sporting clays
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The police Magnum only has a couple different parts that are made of metal rather than plastic, so it doesn't really make any difference.

Thats not a bad dea, I have that but with alotta upgrades.  It has worked well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you get it from the sportsmans on dysart? if so take it back thats mine, I just didn't buy it on thursday : ( the lady was with me...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did you get it from the sportsmans on dysart? if so take it back thats mine, I just didn't buy it on thursday : ( the lady was with me...

Ha! No, I JUST picked it up about 10 minutes ago. The store I got it from is in Phoenix, 27th ave. and Yorkshire ave.

P.S. This thing is solid.....NOW! What upgrades to get?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Please inform me of something though,  Go through the action like your chambering another shell and slide the action back up like your would have it right before you'd pull the trigger, DOES IT LOCK????  I can't figure out why mine won't, or is it not supposed to???

Cavalry Arms SST-870  ($250),  Hakko BED-35  ($150), 3 Point sling  ($20), It works like a charm, get a side saddle (Mesa Tactical) if you want, but I have chest rig that has 18 shells perfectly situated for loading so I never got a side saddle (they look ugly)

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
AMMO...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top