User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 11:28:40 AM EDT
Ok here is my current build
870P just got a new 18" bead sight barrel 3" shells
+2 mag extension
Argonaut Armament Pistol grip w/A2 grip
Bushmaster 6 position collapsible stock
(this may change soon if i find something else I like)
Knights RAS rail
EOTECH NV compatible Holographic Weapon sight
Bushmaster rear buis

things Im waiting for
a few little improvement pieces for the mag extension
big safety

What I think i should get I need suggestions

Surefire 618FGA foregrip with the 6v light

or

Surefire M69 rails with the matching ARMS vertical grip

I also want to get a front BUIS but unsure what would work when mounting a front and rear sight on the same rail-same plane.

Pics soon to come...so far its looking really mean
even with the original wooden handguard
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It really depends on the application, but I would suggest that no defensive shotgun is complete without some source of light.  Either put a S/F 618FA on it, or plan to mount a GOOD rail mounted light on it, one that will withstand the violent recoil of 3" magnum slugs.

My 870P wears a 618FA, as will one of my two 870 SBS builds.  The other build will be wearing a cut-down M69 rail, with some form of S/F light on the side.  (I intend to build something akin to 7KOPPER's SBS, with a 9" bbl and cut-down mag tube.)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
hmmmm good point about the light

my build currently looks similar to the one Jason owns from the late Argonaut Armament
but mine is a legal 18" barrel
I like to keep the velocity plus NJ doenst like SBShotties
it sucks here
but the only difference is mine currently wears the wood foregrip

Any other suggestions
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd also recommend the 618FA.  I have one on my 870.  Mine 870 sounds almost identical to your build but I put a Magpul M93B on mine.  I REALLY like it.  It is a BLAST to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
does anyone know if the front and rear Troy BUIS line up on the same rail or are they off?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to highjack, but how does that Knight unit mount on the gun?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
does anyone know if the front and rear Troy BUIS line up on the same rail or are they off?

I have the TROY BUIS on my KAC 870 RAS.  They "line up" just fine and co-witness with the EOTech sight I have mounted between them.

Other than I use an EOTech instead of an Aimpoint, the lower photo is a spitting image of my 870.  It is waaay cool.

P.S. - Oh, mine has an 18" barrel, not the short barrel shown.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:12:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Mike do you have part numbers for the troy buis?
We might have twin once mine is done....look at my list above

The knights rail has a barrel sleeve that mounts right against the receiever where it slides in and it has a tab that locks into the ejection port...there also is a piece that rests at the front of the rail against the barrel...its an odd setup but it seems really tight...its also tighlty wrapped on the  upper recever.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:36:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree with the others who have recommended the Surefire 618.  That is going to be one porky shotgun when you're all done.  Lots of AR gadgets but prbably too heavy/unwieldy to allow for quickness and manueverability.  I guess everything is a trade off.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#10]
i dont know it seems fairly light to me
My AR is a bit porky due to the heavy barrel, flutes or not
its not as light as a regular M4
pics soon
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I agree with the others who have recommended the Surefire 618.  That is going to be one porky shotgun when you're all done.  Lots of AR gadgets but prbably too heavy/unwieldy to allow for quickness and manueverability.  I guess everything is a trade off.

It is heavier, yes, but definitely not too heavy.  The extra weight really helps tame the recoil of full power shotshell loads.  I added a three point sling to mine.  Carrying it at low patrol ready is a piece of cake and from that position you can mount it really fast for longer (slug) shots if you have to..
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#13]
currently awaiting the big safety, Surefire front end, Wilson spring and follower, Troy front and rear sights and the last thing
Im debating on a full tan paint or possibly green or urban camo
im undecided since the park job is all different colors
its all factory remington pieces just different colors
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#14]
anyone want to host pics
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#16]
hey how did you get to see them
I get red X's and Im the one who posted it
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#18]
pics are posted im a link above
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top