Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 9:47:46 PM EDT
I'm wanting to do a saiga shotgun conversion, specifically on an 11-87 if possible.  I was wondering if anybody knew all the legal stuff involved - As far as things like what parts are legal and such.  I plan on using an 18" barrel so I'm not too concerned there.  I'll probably go shorter once I have acquired my FFL.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Either you are totally confused or I am.

A Russian Izhmash Saiga-12 shotgun is a totally different animal than a Remington 11-87.

Could you clarify?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
no shit! i had to read that a few times to see if i was missing something...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Me too. Saiga != 11-87. Two totally different shotguns.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi Pard,
          The Saiga S-12 conversions are done to IMPORTED shotguns -- so,to make them a "look alike" Ak47 -- you MUSt change X number of imported factory parts WITH USA made parts.
          The Remingtons are USA made and you can change them to a folding stock etc. with no restrictions EXCEPT brl. lenght and OAL .
                                                     Good luck -- Bird
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
He must mean he wants to make a a Saiga look-a-like?    A real Saiga is an AK-47 Receiver with a 12 Guage barrel and a magazine that takes 12 Guage shells.  Folks then put an AK stock and pistol Grip on them ....

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#6]
That's exactly what I'm going for COLT6721A3.  I know about the parts swapping but are there any specific parts that have to be in the gun for it to be a legal conversion or "look-a-like" in nthe US.  Sorry to confuse everyone.  I'm used to AR's and Pistols.  Starting to dabble in the shotguns now - still learning.  thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
A Saiga conversion takes a Saiga shotgun and makes it look like a AK47.   There are no limitations on US guns (ie:11-87) so you can change all the stocks, grips, etc, without breaking the law.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Either you are totally confused or I am.

A Russian Izhmash Saiga-12 shotgun is a totally different animal than a Remington 11-87.

Could you clarify?

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Howdy,
                   Here is a pic of my Saiga S-12 ---------- pm or email me if you want some websites that are about Saigas and doing conversions.
                                  Stay safe --- Bird aka GF

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/Jailbird123/s12_3.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top