Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 7:18:53 AM EDT
Can anyone give me some info on the SPAS 12? If you own one that would be a great help I just found one by accident this weekend and would like to know more about them. I know it can operate both semi-auto and pump. But I don't know much else about them. As far as prices go this one is about $300 or so less than what I normaly see them for. It's one of those can't pass up for the price deals. I figure if it is still in the shop on friday I'm going to bring it home.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
if possible test fire it.
they are prone to missfeeds and problems.  it it runs with different ammo i would say that if a great price.    
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
This it post import ban or pre ban. I had a post/import ban with the fixed pistol grip stock. Never had any fuction troubles pretty much runs anything my Benelli will. It's a heavy spud but looks very cool. I have seen them for as much as $800 at the gun shop in Columbus Oh.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This it post import ban or pre ban. I had a post/import ban with the fixed pistol grip stock. Never had any fuction troubles pretty much runs anything my Benelli will. It's a heavy spud but looks very cool. I have seen them for as much as $800 at the gun shop in Columbus Oh.

I'm not sure if it's pre or post import ban but it does have a fixed pistol grip stock. I never knew there was a differance. But the price of the one I saw was in line with what you said. It's in the $800 range, so it probably is a post import ban. All the ones I've ever seen have had the folding stock and run anywhere from 1k to $1500.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
ALL Franchi SPAS-12 shotguns are pre-ban. None were imported after 1989.

Some just have folding stocks, while others have fixed pistol-grip stocks. I have had one of each, with the fixed stock one being bought before the ban. Now I have neither--a Benelli M1014 has taken their places.

See SPAS12.COM for all the info you need.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:12:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to have a SPAS12 and it was the biggest PITA to use. Too many safetys and procedures to follow before being able to jack a shell in to the chamber.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#6]
photoman,

I once had a spaz12 in 99% condition.  It was Fed-registered but when I returned to CA, after the CORPS, I was to afraid to keep it.  It was not registered in CA as an AW (I was based out of state & didn't have a clue about the AW ban).

I sold it to an out of state FFL holder for only $650 (had a folder but no hook).  I still have trouble sleeping at night when I think about the loss and the "give away price!"

Yes, their are way better (in many aspects) tactical shotguns.  The spaz12 is a big heavy cubersome hunk of iron with an overwhelming abundance of whistles and bells.  I would personally never chose one for my primary defence weapon.

Now with that said, "IIIIIIIII WAAAAAAAANT MYYYYYYY SPAZ12 BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the foler and hook, it has got to be the COOOOLEST shotgun ever made!  I don't care how problematic it may be!  Just the plain joy it gave me to open the safe and see that gugly SOB there.  It looked so leathal that you'd almost expect to see Military markings on it.

Getting rid of it is one of my greatest regrets.  I would have been better off keeping it out of state or possibly hidding it behind my dry wall, just to know it was still mine.

Snif, snif, I dotta go now, I'm getting teary eyed.          
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top