Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 9:07:11 AM EDT
Good price?

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
NEW?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
No, but excellent condition. The seller says they have been sitting in the armory instead of the squad cars.

When I emailed him asking if they were preban - he never responded, so...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Ummm. Pre ban.  These type of shotguns are not pre or post ban .  Not regulated as they are not considered an assault weapon. but they were purchased by the department prior to 94.

This is the exact wording of the seller's response.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
New in the box on gunsamerica.com $644.00 without the pistol grip. Pistol grip + extended mag = assault weapon. I would say yes if in very good condition. MIKE.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
New in the box on gunsamerica.com $644.00 without the pistol grip. Pistol grip + extended mag = assault weapon. I would say yes if in very good condition. MIKE.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Heard the 11-87 couldn't handle game loads.  So if I wanted to put 2 and 3/4 shell in there it would most likely not cycle.  Is this true or an 11-87 myth.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Myth, I shoot every Wednesday with a guy who has a 3" chamber 11-87 that he uses for skeet. It swallows the cheap Federal ammo every time. MIKE.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ummm. Pre ban.  These type of shotguns are not pre or post ban .  Not regulated as they are not considered an assault weapon. but they were purchased by the department prior to 94.

This is the exact wording of the seller's response.

Than they would be pre-ban. Does the mag hold more than 5 rounds? NEway I would try to get something saying they were purchased in that config prior to 94. Than everything would be more than A-ok from a CYA standpoint.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The police models have the gas system set up to only run reliably with slugs and buckshot....they will work with heavy field loads though.

That is a good price on them especially if they are preban.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#10]
These are not pre-ban. Checked out the serial no. with Remington. 1996.

Called the local ATF and verified that these were illegal as configured in civilian hands.

So, is $550 a good price for post-ban? (Of course, I'd have to take the pistol grip stock off and replace it with regular buttstock).
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Back to top $644.00 new in box on Gunsamerica.com   MIKE.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Than they would be pre-ban. Does the mag hold more than 5 rounds? NEway I would try to get something saying they were purchased in that config prior to 94. Than everything would be more than A-ok from a CYA standpoint.

Here is the problem with "pre ban" versus "post ban" shotguns, especially for Benellis.  A semi Auto is considered a "pre ban" if it was in a "banned" condition prior to '94.  What makes a semi auto a "banned" weapon?  It must have MORE than one of the following features ON OR BEFORE THE BAN TOOK EFFECT:
Folding/telescoping stock
Protruding pistol grip
Detachable magazine capacity
Fixed magazine capacity greater than 5 rounds

So, even a Benelli made in 1991, with a 7 round magazine, but a standard buttstock, is NOT a pre ban shotgun, at least as far as the ATF is concerned.  It did not have more than one of the features on the list as of effective date of the ban.  Now, a Benelli made the same year, with the same magazine capacity, but a pistol grip buttstock, IS a pre ban shotgun.  This also means that all 1100's, 11-87's, etc, etc, are all effectively "post ban" guns now, regardless of when they were made, and you cannot (legally) put a pistol grip butt stock on them

Now, I believe that the burden of proof would reside with the ATF to prove that the shotgun was NOT in a banned condition prior to 1994 (this is still America, right?)  But, is that a fight you want to wage?  Don't cheat or lie, the government hates competition......
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
If I recall correctly there was a separate section of the crime bill that specifically talked about shotguns.  

WOW I hate this web site but here ya go...

http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/gunlaws/awb.asp

Scroll down past rifles and pistols and there ya go.  Semi-auto shotgun with any of these features:
-Folding/telescoping stock
-Protruding pistol grip
-Detachable magazine
-Fixed magazine with capacity exceding 5 rounds
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If I recall correctly there was a separate section of the crime bill that specifically talked about shotguns.  

WOW I hate this web site but here ya go...

http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/gunlaws/awb.asp

Scroll down past rifles and pistols and there ya go.  Semi-auto shotgun with any of these features:
-Protruding pistol grip
-Detachable magazine

Ok so now we have two conflicting statments on what is a pre ban shotty- your source says any of the features, Scollins source says more than one. my source says more than one as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:22:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
-Protruding pistol grip
-Detachable magazine

This is incorrect.  They must have more than one ("at least two") to be an "assault weapon".
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#16]
You mean the Brady Website got it wrong????
:?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top