Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2003 7:40:53 PM EDT
I thought this was illegal?  But my gunstore is selling them.  But when I ask if I can have a pistol grip and mag extension on a m1 super 90 it turns illegal?  WTF is the truth?  I'm thinking of buying a m1super90 with pistol grip and was also wanting to shoot some skeet.. are the barrels interchangeable with regular m1super90's?

Let me go ahead and ask if the M3super90 can accept m1super90 barrels or if they make a 28" barrel for the m3?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you notice that the 500 is a PUMP SHOTGUN!?!?!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You didn't specify which model Mossberg. If it's a pump, anything goes. If it's a semi-auto, it's illegal.

Here's what the "assault weapons" ban says in a nutshell -

A semi-auto shotgun falls under the classification of an assault weapon if it has 2 or more of the following -
Pistol Grip
Magazine Extension
Bayonet Lug

I'm sure it says something about grenade launchers in there too.

Basically, you can have a mag extension OR a pistol grip, but not both. And we should all sleep better at night knowing that those dangerous pistol grips have been regulated.

Also, I believe that detachable mags on a semi shotgun are a no-no too.

I don't think the barrels will interchange between a M1 and a M3. I also don't think Benelli makes a 28" barrel for the M3. However, a Remington 870 barrel can be fit to a Benelli. I've done it. Give me a shout if you need help.

Thanks,
Lee
www.thearmsroom.com
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The mossberg is 12ga persuader pump.  So is the M3 classified as a semi auto or a pump?  Since it does both?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Alrighty.. wish benelli made the nova in a pump.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait wait wait.. it is late and the brain wasn't working right.. I was meaning to say I wish they made the Nova with a pistol grip.. or where you could take the stock off and put on a different one.  I've owned my Nova since the day they came out and it has run flawlessly.. i've probably put around 10k of shells through it easily.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Vermilion,

Is it late or early?  

I liked my Nova but traded it for the M1 Tac.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:29:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Here's what the "assault weapons" ban says in a nutshell -

A semi-auto shotgun falls under the classification of an assault weapon if it has 2 or more of the following -
Pistol Grip
Magazine Extension
Bayonet Lug

I'm sure it says something about grenade launchers in there too.

Basically, you can have a mag extension OR a pistol grip, but not both. And we should all sleep better at night knowing that those dangerous pistol grips have been regulated.

Also, I believe that detachable mags on a semi shotgun are a no-no too.

Erm a partially correct nutshell.

here is the actual pertinent part of the AWB ban that deals with shotguns:

(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of-
         (i) a folding or telescoping stock;
         (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath
         the action of the weapon;
         (iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds;
         and
         (iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

Nothing about bayo lugs or grenade launchers when dealing with Shotguns, just capacity and stocks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok.. I went to the gunstore's sister store in a town 20 min away and they had a M3super90 with shell extension and pistol grip.. which I thought was illegal.. the tag didn't say LEO only either.  They can be kinda looney sometimes.. like selling a HK SL8 for 1600 bucks.  When they go NIB for 900.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#10]

...M3Super90 with shell extension and pistol grip, which I thought was illegal...

It is, unless it was made before the ban. I'm not knowledgeable on the Benelli's (even though I own an M1014), so I don't know which models (M1, M2, M3) have pre-ban versions and which don't.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]
There are definately pre-ban M3's with pistol grip or folding stocks.  My friend has one of each and paid big bucks for them, well over $1000.
Top Top