Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 10:49:18 AM EDT
I just picked up a glock today and saw a Benelli M4 at the gun store. It had the 8 shot tube, pistol grip, and the stock you could collapse about 3-4 inches and turn it right or left. I asked the owner if this was for LEO only and he said no, anyone could buy this. I thought this had to many evil features for us civies to buy?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Not legal. It's a LEO gun.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
dc899...what gun store was it.  I'm LE and have been hunting around for one.  All i've been able to find is the cheesy civvie version.  i'm also in the Republic of Blago.......
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Check again, the non LE guns have an extension that looks like a mag tube, and the stock will pivot, but not collapse.

But then again I have seen gunshop pukes sell LE Guns and Hi-Caps to Non LE people.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Taking your description at face value. If it has an 8 shot tube and does not have the fake extention then it is illegal because of the pistol grip. The gunshop may have put a plus two extention on it thus taking a perfectly legal civilian gun and making it illegal. Which really would piss me off considering I've bought the standard buttstock so I could have the plus 2 extention, but the shop I deal with is still out of stock on the extention.

As for the stock, the civie version will "collapse" about two inches as I measured it. Once it is collapsed it will not lock in the verticle position. In actuallity it is supposed to be left in the extended position where it will lock into place. It only collapses to allow the butstock to be taken off.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if the extension was fake or not. I just assumed it was real, I didn't relaize they made a fake strap on. I thought it just came out of the box because it was sitting buy it and it was not in the store the last time I ordered my Glock. As far as the stock, it would compact a few inches and twist right and left. I can't be sure if it would stay in the vertical position, and I didn't think it would fully collapse. I don't think this store would knowingly sell restricted items because they had an LEO beta C mag for $259 that had the words LEO only in gigantic capital letters on the oustside. Tango-down, it was in a shop in southern IL, but I know a guy in carpentersville -RGUNS (www.rguns.net I think) sells the M4s also, so maybe he could get you what you are looking for there.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#6]
i've heard good things about Rguns.  i might give him a call.  i'm not that far from there, (Go Leathernecks!)

thanks
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i've heard good things about Rguns.

Then you have never used the search button here.

Av.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i've heard good things about Rguns.

Then you have never used the search button here.

Av.

What he said. Aside from being fairly anti-gun (against private sales) the guy seems to be an ass clown. Use the search button.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]
the things i heard were from two guys here in town.  they probably went to him since he's one of the only gun dealers in 50 miles.

i'm running searches now, but i'll take your word(s) for it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I have only bought mags from them and got what was promised in 2 days. No other experience.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#11]
RUN DONT WALK FROM RGUNS!!! He is a Crook to say the least.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Details please.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top