Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2017 8:51:52 AM EDT
My buddy has a line on a NIB olive drab green Five-seveN at his local pawn shop.

Shop is asking $1399.99. Is that a good deal on this gun? Aren't the odg models out of production? Gun broker is scarce, except for one fellow who has his listed for $2250...

An odg 5.7 is a grail gun for me, and they are rare. I'd buy it but I just bought a house and my funny money is all tied up

My buddy isn't a fan of the green so I'm trying to convince him to buy it so I can buy it from him later
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]
My SO just walked out of the container wearing her's and a Wouxon radio...
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want an ODG one, buy it. You won't find one at that price. They haven't been made for quite some time. It is the older USG model. The current MKII is only available in Black & FDE. I have 2 USGs and an MKII in FDE. I prefer the look of the older USGs. The top of the slide is rounded. The MKII the top of the slide is square and more bulky. The MKII is also beefed up a little in a few areas of the lower. Don't worry about it. Just get the USG. If it has the old mag release you will need to update it. FN will send you the part for free.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:34:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want an ODG one, buy it. You won't find one at that price. They haven't been made for quite some time. It is the older USG model. The current MKII is only available in Black & FDE. I have 2 USGs and an MKII in FDE. I prefer the look of the older USGs. The top of the slide is rounded. The MKII the top of the slide is square and more bulky. The MKII is also beefed up a little in a few areas of the lower. Don't worry about it. Just get the USG. If it has the old mag release you will need to update it. FN will send you the part for free.
View Quote
The MKII is also a one piece slide as well, probably the biggest single difference.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:59:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a $100 finders fee for you if hook me up with the pawn shop info and I can buy it.

Been looking for an ODG model

@BPK2300
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got a $100 finders fee for you if hook me up with the pawn shop info and I can buy it.

Been looking for an ODG model

@BPK2300
View Quote
@graniteclimber

My friend ended up buying it. And I shall force him to sell it to me if he ever decides to sell it!

He bought it for $1299
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Btw, my friend and I took it out to shoot, and I was a terrible shot with it

Maybe buying off of him is a bad idea, but I still loved it!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It takes quite a lot of practice to shoot the FiveseveN accurately, if you practice you will get there.
View Quote
Boy, that's the truth. I'm not a great shot but I'm better than most I've shot with. The 5.7 takes me concentrating to group well. The trigger is the toughest for me as it's the only striker fired weapon I own. Still, when I take my time, I've hit prairie dogs at 100 yards and certainly chased them around their holes at up to 130 yards. Don't have the eyes or steadiness off hand anymore that I used to have.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Actually it's a single action hammer fired. It's just the hammer is hidden inside the slide cover.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boy, that's the truth. I'm not a great shot but I'm better than most I've shot with. The 5.7 takes me concentrating to group well. The trigger is the toughest for me as it's the only striker fired weapon I own. Still, when I take my time, I've hit prairie dogs at 100 yards and certainly chased them around their holes at up to 130 yards. Don't have the eyes or steadiness off hand anymore that I used to have.
Actually it's a single action hammer fired. It's just the hammer is hidden inside the slide cover.
Ahhhh. Gotcha. Thanks for the correction.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top