Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mags? Do tell…

Holy shit, just looked on GB, people are high af. This is why we can’t have nice things.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Mags? Do tell…
View Quote

Rifle gear and I think Joe Bob Outfitters had them today. Both sold out pretty quickly. I would expect other vendors to get them too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Rifle gear and I think Joe Bob Outfitters had them today. Both sold out pretty quickly. I would expect other vendors to get them too.
View Quote

That’s actually good news.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 6:16:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Omaha Outdoors currently has 15 round mags in stock, $32.99
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Omaha Outdoors currently has 15 round mags in stock, $32.99
View Quote

gone
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:38:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Several places with mags now. I got some from GunZoneDeals but Locked and Loaded had some too.

Took it to the range again today. My front sight has shifted more so I'll likely just take it off. My red dot (Burris FF3) kept blinking out but I think the batter is ancient.

Does anyone else notice this kind of wear?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is good to know and the info I was after.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's aluminum.

Do NOT compare this to an early Walther P22 & the like!  This isn't a cheap zinc pew pew range toy.  This is seriously one of the nicest 22LR pistols I've ever owned, & I've owned dozens.  I've a tricked out Ruger 22/45 that's boringly accurate, & was my go-to 22 until now.  The 502 doesn't even feel like a 22 when you fill your hand with it.  It's stout/sturdy.  The trigger is awesome, the fit/finish is just like my 509-T & FNX-T.  If it didn't have "Umarex" on it I'd swear it was made by FN.
I've added a HS507C & AAC Element.  Love it.  LOVE it.

That is good to know and the info I was after.

@chumpmiester

I actually just bought a 502 and am in love with it, as well. It's night and day different than the G44 I've used and abused for the past two years. Fit and finish is top notch, let alone it feels like a 9mm when in hand. Feature for feature, pound for pound I'd wager this is thee best .22LR rig on the market. I fired 500 rounds my first outing with it, no functional issues. Side by side with a G44, the thing is a laser on irons. That included swapping a brand new barrel into the G44. Trigger, slide function, everything....top notch. The G44 will likely be benched for the unforeseeable future. I'll have another update in the coming days after a Holoson 507K-X2 comes in.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Several places with mags now. I got some from GunZoneDeals but Locked and Loaded had some too.

Took it to the range again today. My front sight has shifted more so I'll likely just take it off. My red dot (Burris FF3) kept blinking out but I think the batter is ancient.

Does anyone else notice this kind of wear?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252855/PXL_20220205_002650109_MP_jpg-2267424.JPG
View Quote

I have a little wear on the top section of your photo, as well. Not that bad but it's noticeable wear. Didn't lube the pistol from receiving it, 500 rounds through it. Likely a lube issue, or weak coating on the slide.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I just found a few of the 15-round mags in stock at Eurooptic for anybody still looking for them.

I agree with the other reviews, been very pleased with my 502. Has run perfectly with CCI standard velocity and my SiCo Sparrow so far.

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Also FYI, what optic are you all running if any? Recently purchased a Holosun 507K and installed today. Used the only FN plate (of three provided) that fit the footprint, with the only screws with tapered heads (red). Screws did not appear too long for the setup, either. Torqued to 15in and added a little blue loctite. No o-rings found under the removed FN cover plate, either.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Any issues with the Holosun 407K , 507K on the FN 502?  Slide able to cycle w/wo suppressor with subsonic/suppressor/standard velocity ammo?  What about other optics like the Romeo Zero or the Swampfox Sentinel, etc.?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally found one in black, but whatever. Can’t wait for someone to come out with a trigger that doesn’t have a mile long reset. Went with the holosun 507 and had to use some mounting screws from a shadow systems that I had left over to get it to mount up right
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, these things are...

Pieces of shit.

We'll start with it's inaccurate as hell. I went back and forth between the 502 and TX22. TX is one hole groups, 502 is a six inch pattern, tested between multiple shooters. Hell, tested between multiple guns since my buddy had his TX and 502 at the same time with the exact same results.

Other gripes:
Have to baby the magazines. I did a normal reload like I would a glock at the range, not some competition level slam, just surely insert, and the base flew off. I reassembled it at the bench and recreated the error multiple times.

Next, the slide is flat out lazy. Its glacially anemic using the release, and fat guy getting off the couch slow when slingshot-ing.

The trigger shoe is too fat - which yes, is a personal preference - and the reset is too long. I can deal with long, but it's just over the line of too long.

The screws they send with the plastic plates to mount your sight don't have the right tbevel so there's a gap even when tightened.

Overall, I'm pretty stinking unhappy with it, mostly due to the accuracy. FN touted this as an accurate combat level trainer. Ummm, no.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wow, these things are...

Pieces of shit.

We'll start with it's inaccurate as hell. I went back and forth between the 502 and TX22. TX is one hole groups, 502 is a six inch pattern, tested between multiple shooters. Hell, tested between multiple guns since my buddy had his TX and 502 at the same time with the exact same results.

Other gripes:
Have to baby the magazines. I did a normal reload like I would a glock at the range, not some competition level slam, just surely insert, and the base flew off. I reassembled it at the bench and recreated the error multiple times.

Next, the slide is flat out lazy. Its glacially anemic using the release, and fat guy getting off the couch slow when slingshot-ing.

The trigger shoe is too fat - which yes, is a personal preference - and the reset is too long. I can deal with long, but it's just over the line of too long.

The screws they send with the plastic plates to mount your sight don't have the right tbevel so there's a gap even when tightened.

Overall, I'm pretty stinking unhappy with it, mostly due to the accuracy. FN touted this as an accurate combat level trainer. Ummm, no.
View Quote

I concur, my example choked on CCI. What a hunk of shit! I'm pulling my 507c, and tossing it into the back of the safe. I just ordered a TX22 Competition, hopefully I can use the 507k on it instead.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Just shot mine with a bunch of ammo and with a swampfox sentinel mostly suppressed (Mask) . Had some FTE and some FTF with Gemtech (surprisingly) and the American Eagle Supressor ammo. CCI Clean, Remington Sub, CCI SV, Fiocci subs and Winchester Xperts ran well. I also had CCI Quiets and that would not cycle. The slide is "lazy" and I had to push into battery mostly on the first round of a fully loaded mag. Still pretty fun.

But, I also had the Keltec P17 no optic and that thing ate all the ammo. I was suprised that CCI Quiets cycled a few times. I think I had a max string of 3 shots before a manual cycle.

Side by side... I thought the keltec was funner but my groups were not as tight at 10 yards. Maybe it was funner cuz of the really light weight; maybe the trigger... IDK.

Anyone know of a mag loader for the FN 502?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Whelp FN called and I'm sending mine in for the front sight falling off. Hopefully they can figure out the issue with the wear patterns as well.

I put in a claim and had a phone call the next day, so I'm impressed with that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Whelp FN called and I'm sending mine in for the front sight falling off. Hopefully they can figure out the issue with the wear patterns as well.

I put in a claim and had a phone call the next day, so I'm impressed with that.
View Quote

Did you try and drift the sight back in?

Your wear pattern isn't anything uncommon, it's a wear in the finish due to use. Likely due to the inherent aluminum slide and its anodizing being weak.

But good luck.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Did you try and drift the sight back in?

But good luck.
View Quote

Yeah to get it to even try and stick it was well past left of center.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Still having a crap ton of failures after fighting though a thousand round break in with cleanings. I did go with a stainless guide rod and sig spring which did fix the slow as hell slide issue.

I’m pretty sure I’ve identified a major design flaw: the feed ramp.

The fn ramp is narrow, shallow and small with a square notch cut out of it for some reason
Attachment Attached File

Compare that to a tx22 feed ramp and you can obviously see the difference:Attachment Attached File

I’m sure fn did it for a reason with R&D and all that but with as many failures as I’ve had with this thing I wont be surprised if this gen 1 goes the way of the sig mosquito and a major redesign takes place
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Finally got mine back from warranty repair due to front site falling off and some weird wear.

Everything looks fine to me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Finally got mine back from warranty repair due to front site falling off and some weird wear.

Everything looks fine to me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252855/PXL_20220518_200926273_exported_0_165290-2388504.JPG
View Quote

WTF? Was it sent back like that?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

WTF? Was it sent back like that?
View Quote

Yep. Just opened the case and took it out and it looked like this. I went to adjust them and both are loose. Front sight actually fell off.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#24]
holy hell. shouldnt be surprised, but that is ridiculous
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I ran a Holosun 507k with no issues pre-recall. I currently am running a Swampfox Sentinel post recall, with no discernable hiccups so far.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I switched out my heavy FF3 for a Shield Sms2. It's less than half the weight. Surely it'll be fine for 22. I guess I'll just remove the front sight completely.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top