Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2017 3:32:28 PM EDT
Just wondering about timeline.  Have one that is due for recall.  I completed the on-line process and was informed that when they were ready for me to send it in I would be notified and a box and  shipping label.  This was done on June 24th.  Over a month.  Haven't heard anything as of yet.  Has this been the norm?  Not being inpatient, just curious if this is the typical time frame.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I signed up on 6/10. Just received my box yesterday and shipped it out today.

When is returned I'll post again if that will help anyone.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I signed up on 6/10. Just received my box yesterday and shipped it out today.

When is returned I'll post again if that will help anyone.
View Quote
Thanks.  I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Received e-mail notice on Saturday, August 5th that they were sending the box along with instructions.  

- June 24th - Applied for Recall.
- August 5th - Received E-mail notice
- August 7th - Received Box and shipping label
- August 8th - Mailed to Ruger
- August 26th - Received "Received Firearm" e-mail from Ruger
- Returned from Ruger - TBD.

No rush on my end.  Just curious to see how long it takes. Free mag is a big plus.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Guess I've got to get around to doing this.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, their week turnaround time looks to be optimistic. Tracking shows they received it last Friday morning. I got an email today acknowledging receipt.

For the benefit of others I'll follow up with a full timeline when I receive the return shipment.

ETA-full timeline below...

~6/10-Submitted recall information
7/5-Received email indicating I was one of the first and I should receive box/instructions soon.
7/29-Received form to fill out and include with return.
7/31-Received box and shipping instructions.
8/1-Dropped off at USPS late afternoon
8/4-Tracking says delivered @11:07am Prescott, AZ 86301
8/10-Received email containing acknowledgment of receipt.
8/10-USPS pickup in Prescott, AZ
8/12-Package received.

I have several other Rugers but this is my first time dealing with a warranty problem. Overall excellent service and the extra magazine is a nice bonus.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:42:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry looking to purchase a 22/45 lite........what recall?    Does this affect whats currently on the shelves?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably not. I think the initial delay in the recall was to allow Ruger to fix the ones in the pipeline before they reached the consumer.

To read all about it navigate to Ruger's home page where you'll see reference to the recall at the top of the page. To tell if the recall has been completed look for a "S" on the white dot on the safety.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got a 22/45 lite, and it's a recalled serial number but honestly, the reason for the recall is simple lawyer-proofing IMO, and I won't be sending mine in.

The gun could fire if the trigger is pulled when the safety lever is between the safe and fire detents?
Well...no shit. Put the lever all the way to "safe" or all the way to "fire". This shit isn't rocket science.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got a 22/45 lite, and it's a recalled serial number but honestly, the reason for the recall is simple lawyer-proofing IMO, and I won't be sending mine in.

The gun could fire if the trigger is pulled when the safety lever is between the safe and fire detents?
Well...no shit. Put the lever all the way to "safe" or all the way to "fire". This shit isn't rocket science.
View Quote
But you get a free magazine for doing it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine was out for about 3 weeks.

I've never even shot it.

I'd send it for the free mag!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Note that if you installed any aftermarket trigger parts, not only do you have to remove them before returning it to Ruger, you'll need to return the sear if it's a Volquartsen.

I'm not sure it's worth a $25 magazine for all of the extra work. For most of us that are only using them for plinking I suspect few will ever use the safety. I either have the gun pointed downrange or it has been made safe by removing magazine and ammo with the bolt open. Using the safety never even crossed my mind on my Mark IV Hunter. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#12]
You know, even an auto maker will give you a loaner while your car is in the shop for recall work.  

I'd like to see Ruger step up and not leave their customers without a working pistol to replace the owners while they are "in the shop".

Yes, the paperwork would be massive and cost would be astronomical.  But they might pay a bit closer attention to design and quality control next time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just wondering about timeline.  Have one that is due for recall.  I completed the on-line process and was informed that when they were ready for me to send it in I would be notified and a box and  shipping label.  This was done on June 24th.  Over a month.  Haven't heard anything as of yet.  Has this been the norm?  Not being inpatient, just curious if this is the typical time frame.
View Quote

Call Ruger. I just bought my pistol a few weeks ago, and called Ruger and they sent me the pre-paid box, bubble wrap, and a tag. My wife boxed it up and sent it in last Monday, while I was off shore. My grip frame showed up in the mail today, with a new magazine. All together, less than 2 week turn around.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#14]
It's better if you call Ruger. The girl I talked to took my info and sent my shipping box the next day. She told me it takes their computers a while to generate the work orders. I bought my Mark IV Tactical the first week of September, sent my grip frame off September 11th, and just got it back today with a new magazine, and a nice thank you letter. And yes, I can tell the difference in the way my safety felt before, and the way it feels now. Now I finally get to shoot my new pistol!
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine became unreliable after the recall.  Maybe whatever it is just needs to be broken in.  Before that, it was reliable with Fed 550 bulk plated pack for a couple hundred rounds.

When I got it back, I ran 100rds of MiniMags through it and had a failure to feed about every other magazine.  Very odd.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got back from overseas last week. Mailed my pistol to Ruger Monday, January 29th.  Got it back yesterday, February 5th, with the free magazine.  Can't wait to shoot it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top