[Last Edit: dogrobber13] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NickOTime:
https://images2.imgbox.com/c3/db/AiBvf8qm_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/61/42/dbHAx6yP_o.jpg

Les Baer Conept II in ivory stocks
View Quote
Why tape the grip safety?
Wouldn't that be a liability in a self defense shooting?

Awesome gun though, nice and worn in.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dogrobber13:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NickOTime:
https://images2.imgbox.com/c3/db/AiBvf8qm_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/61/42/dbHAx6yP_o.jpg

Les Baer Conept II in ivory stocks

Quite the opposite actually
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:18:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#6]

View Quote
Thanks,

She's taped because I was too lazy to take it to a smith to see if they would pin it plus it has worked since I got her new (about 2-5 years ago iirc).  Also I'm not sure if a smith might refuse to pin the grip safety as technically it would be deactivating a "safety feature".

Namely it's taped in case for some reason I'm unable to engage the grip safety and need to pull the trigger.

I used to iwb carry her in a Crossbreed wearing a set of Pachmayers for that "Meusoc" look as well as the functional front strap checkering but have since relegated her to night stand duty and don't have to worry as much about dinging/cracking the ivory.

ETA:  @AJBello that gun is beautiful I love the full rear sight and slide serrations and slide stop/thumb safety/pin set contrast.  I need to invest in a nice leather owb holster and extra magazine holster eventually too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet those Pachmayrs were a tight stretch across the frontstrap on that Baer!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:58:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#9]
Originally Posted By samuse:
I bet those Pachmayrs were a tight stretch across the frontstrap on that Baer!
View Quote
They weren't too bad but IIRC I may have bought them used off ebay.  I will say that I never noticed how thick they made the frame feel until I put the ivorys back on though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AJBello:
https://i.imgur.com/Gh3CzQK.jpg
View Quote
Those gorgeous blue accents really sets that gorgeous thing off.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]
@Pony151515

Why'd ya cover up that nice checkering?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:19:45 AM EDT
[#14]
@Pony151515

Why'd ya cover up that nice checkering?
View Quote
I just love the look and feel of the pach grips.

The m45 is my favorite 1911 of all time. An m45 this is not, but if you squint it kind of looms like one.

In all seriousness I have only shot it with the factory wood grips. But even with the checkering, the pach grips feels like they give a better purchase to me, and I like that the texture and material is consistent on the front and side, while still having the very aggressive 20lpi MSH.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:51:18 AM EDT
[#15]
That would pass for M45.   Springfield built pistols that were basically Pros with no checkering with USMC serial numbers.  They got front serrations later at Quantico iirc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:06:45 AM EDT
[#16]
That would pass for M45.   Springfield built pistols that were basically Pros with no checkering with USMC serial numbers.  They got front serrations later at Quantico iirc.
View Quote
That makes my love my pro even more.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:20:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#17]
Originally Posted By Pony151515:

That makes my love my pro even more.
View Quote
That would be pretty cool if you had FCS milled in. Just leave a little of the custom script there
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Like this
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Yep.  That's one.

I lost all my pics on a crashed hard drive, but I had just about every meusoc 1911 ever photographed, a lot of cool stuff out there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#20]
The thought crossed my mind strongly. Bacl before photobucket sucked cock I remember seeing that same pic, and I think one from the other side of that gun too, in the m45 thread that cemented my desire to own a pro.

I know it would kill resale value, but it is my grail gun, and I will never sell it.

I may have to check with sacs if they can mill the front serrations like the one in the pic, and apply the black T over it.

Hmmm....
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Springfield Combat Operator in .45
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:
Springfield Combat Operator in .45
https://i.imgur.com/N1vP31f.jpg
View Quote
SA best production pistol.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Y9r9xg]20170902_230442[1][/url]
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Pony151515:

The thought crossed my mind strongly. Bacl before photobucket sucked cock I remember seeing that same pic, and I think one from the other side of that gun too, in the m45 thread that cemented my desire to own a pro.

I know it would kill resale value, but it is my grail gun, and I will never sell it.

I may have to check with sacs if they can mill the front serrations like the one in the pic, and apply the black T over it.

Hmmm....
View Quote
They will but I wouldn't recommend it.  The serrations won't exactly match and it's very apparent in person even if they look exactly the same in pictures. I've seen a few that were done and it looks better in pics.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/22/2018 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Yep.  That's one.

I lost all my pics on a crashed hard drive, but I had just about every meusoc 1911 ever photographed, a lot of cool stuff out there.
View Quote
How about a pre meusoc?  OK, SF of some sort....  Supposedly this pic was taken during Gothic Serpent.  For some reason I was surprised that it had a beavertail.  I had that pic of Vickers gun back in the day and it had like, not a full blown one......

Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Cool pic, check out the home made slam pad on the spare mag at left in the photo.

I'm guessing an early Rogers/Safariland kydex holster?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:09:33 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
This is separate from the order of Pros MARFORSYSCOM bought as an interim/stop gap?  Or is it the same purchase?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:

This is separate from the order of Pros MARFORSYSCOM bought as an interim/stop gap?  Or is it the same purchase?
View Quote
That I don't know.   Some were Pros, some were Custom Shop pistols built with Pro slides and regular frames, Springfield built for them on more than one occasion.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JMB501:

Did you pick up a Wilson!?
View Quote
I did.  9mm X-Tac.  It's ugly but I guess that's why it had been on the shelf for a year.  Got it super cheap.  Relatively speaking.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I really like this. Very close to how I prefer a 1911 to be set up.
Which thumb safety is that btw? My factory Springfield one is kind of 'meh.' I'd love to have SACS fit me a new one but :-(
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I did.  9mm X-Tac.  It's ugly but I guess that's why it had been on the shelf for a year.  Got it super cheap.  Relatively speaking.  
View All Quotes

Did you pick up a Wilson!?
Nice....let me know your thoughts on it..
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Which thumb safety is that btw? My factory Springfield one is kind of 'meh.' I'd love to have SACS fit me a new one but :-(
View All Quotes
I fitted a Wilson bullet proof. I wish the finish was parkerized but I like it. It was very easy to fit. Just a few swipes of a file. The trigger is a Harrisoncustom recommend by Sinister when I asked last year.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 9:55:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Infidel4life11] [#36]

Link Posted: 2/25/2018 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Colt 1968 Commercial Model. It has some minor wear, so I don't mind shooting it. I put some fresh springs in it and kept the originals. It still has the original box, manual and warranty card as well. It appears the pistol was purchased at Federal Ord. originally, as it has one of their stickers on the box. Federal Ord. was in South El Monte, and that is only about 20-30 minutes away.

Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#38]
I do like this Colt.

Link Posted: 2/26/2018 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By monadh:
I do like this Colt.

https://i.imgur.com/EZCY6kj.jpg
View Quote
I can see why!!  Are all the gunsite Colts undercut and reprofiled like that?  That is sweet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Citadel/Armscor masquerading as a MEU(SOC). I put on a S&A lanyard loop MSH, GI-style recoil guide rod and plug. I replaced the sharp-edged OEM thumb safety with a Wilson ambi, and the slide stop with an Ed Brown hardcore. Interesting that both parts have turned plum over time. Getting the Pachmayr grip on was far more difficult than it was when putting it on my SA Loaded. It had a wonderful trigger right out of the box. Much better in fact than my NM-prefix SA Loaded or my Colt O1991 or XSE, and has been 100% reliable so far.

Link Posted: 2/26/2018 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:

SA best production pistol.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4376/36851417501_50751e1934_c.jpg[url=https://flic.kr/p/Y9r9xg]20170902_230442[1][/url]
View Quote
Nice pair.

Just got off the phone with Deb at SACS. She'll be going back for a match barrel and fit
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AJBello:
Burton actually... Clint Smith Signature model. Got her dirty earlier today!

https://i.imgur.com/aQ41D5c.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RoN4IYL.jpg
View Quote
Good lord!  Beautiful pistola.  I'd love to have Burton someday.  I've even got the 70 series to send him!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Colt Wiley Clapp Commander by Nighthawk Custom:

Reliability Enhancement Package

Nighthawk Match Grade Complete Trigger Job, 3.5 - 4.0 lb. (Including all new fully machined parts) Hammer, Sear, Disconnector, Trigger, and Sear Spring **Set trigger pull to 4lbs**

Ambidextrous safety, Install, Fit and Tune

Install and Fit Blended One Piece Magwell/Mainspring Housing (Falcon), cut from forging

Install Hex Head Grip Screws and Bushing set

Anodize Aluminum Frame, finish small frame parts to match

**Install customer supplied VZ Operator II grips**

Install Nighthawk 2 Dot Rear Sight & Tritium Front Sight

Test Fire, Inspection, and Target

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#47]
How is that xtac running.?  What’s your first impressions?
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
1349 rounds down range and so far it eats like pig and runs like a sewing machine.   Eats 147 flat points and 147 HST with no trouble, puts brass in a little pile and shoots like a laser.  Pistol is slick.  Trigger and safety operation are just right, locks up tight, but easy to take down, typical Wilson build quality.

This thing is changing my opinion of a 9mm 1911!
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#50]
1349 rounds down range and so far it eats like pig and runs like a sewing machine.   Eats 147 flat points and 147 HST with no trouble, puts brass in a little pile and shoots like a laser.  Pistol is slick.  Trigger and safety operation are just right, locks up tight, but easy to take down, typical Wilson build quality.

View All Quotes

Good to hear.  It didn’t take long for my CC 9 to become my favorite and my every day carry.
Page / 139
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top