Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 8:39:08 AM EDT
I have a SA alloy frame that I need to get refinshed. ANyone just beadblast and leave bare? I was maybe wanting a phosphate Colt  AR type finish or a bakeon polymer. Something that wears but can also be redone easily .Is there any extra steps I should consider for alloy. TIA
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a SA alloy frame that I need to get refinshed. ANyone just beadblast and leave bare? I was maybe wanting a phosphate Colt  AR type finish or a bakeon polymer. Something that wears but can also be redone easily .Is there any extra steps I should consider for alloy. TIA

What I'd do is get in touch with a good machine shop in your area.  One that has CNC machines and does a fair bit of of production.  Ask those guys where they send their stuff to get anodized for their customers.  You  can't beat a good mil-spec (HA-III) hard annodize for aluminum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top