Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/2/2006 2:22:30 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy either a Colt XSE ltw commander or a S&W gunsite commander. This will be my first 1911 purchase. I want to make sure I get the right one. Please help me make my mind up.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:07:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:39:26 PM EDT
I got to agree with SGB. Colt is the way to go. The main reason for this (other thant he fact that I am an extream Colt fan) is the external extractor. Although, the Smith and Wesson extractor seems to be the best of its type.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:55:20 PM EDT
Besides not being the original design. Why is everyone so down on external extractors.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:11:33 PM EDT
Smith & Wesson SW1911 Gunsite Commander:

- Superior Workmanship
- Superior Customer Service
- Superior Features
- Superior Reliability
- Lighter Weight

James
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:41:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leveractionjackson:
Besides not being the original design. Why is everyone so down on external extractors.

With the internal you just have to worry about some fool droping the slide on a round in the chamber(a lot),with the external you have one more piece(that will wear out just with normal useage)the spring!!

Bob
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:49:33 PM EDT
SWs extrator design is in no means new to the gun. The browning high power has had the exact same style extractor in use for years and works great.

I love SW, and have seen very few unhappy SW1911 owners versus other brands.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:48:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By leveractionjackson:
I'm looking to buy either a Colt XSE ltw commander or a S&W gunsite commander. This will be my first 1911 purchase. I want to make sure I get the right one. Please help me make my mind up.
Thanks

I have nothing but Colts in 1911s but get what YOU like.
Top Top