Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:53:03 PM EDT
somebody wants to trade their springfield ultra compact for my 10/22.  i'm looking for a good carry gun.  what do ya'll think about these?  how's the reliability, and how good would it be for concealed carry?  thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm.

10/22 = 120bux used

SA ultra compac = 400-500used

Well providing the SA isnt stolen or frocked up in any way, Id be all over it. Also providing your 10/22 isnt all tricked out with all the latest Volquartsen offerings.

Id buy jus to buy it, If you get it and dont like it, selling it on the EE wouldnt be an issue, unless there is an integrity issue if they are friend/family when doin these kinda deals.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hmm.

10/22 = 120bux used

SA ultra compac = 400-500used

Well providing the SA isnt stolen or frocked up in any way, Id be all over it. Also providing your 10/22 isnt all tricked out with all the latest Volquartsen offerings.

Id buy jus to buy it, If you get it and dont like it, selling it on the EE wouldnt be an issue, unless there is an integrity issue if they are friend/family when doin these kinda deals.

I am assuming the 10/22 is all blinged out... I shudder to think how much I tied up in mine.
If
- you invested some $ into the Ruger
-  it does a hell of a lot for you
- you wouldn't imagine selling with either the rifle or the pistol

Stick with the 10/22. 1911s under 4" are unreliable by design. At best it's an ill-fitting range toy/BUG.

If
- you have not put $ into the 10/22
- you have put less than = amt of $ into the .22 than the cost of the SA
- you are one can, does, is ok with selling guns

Make the swap.

It is easier to find a buyer for a bone-stock SA than it is to find a buyer for a customized 10/22 and you are likely to get more $ back for the former.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
i have about 600 in the 10/22.  VQ barrel and internals
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the stainless Ultra Comp. Paid $750 for it when they came out about 8 years? ago.
I never had any real problems with it, there are a few things to consider, though.
1) Only holds 6+1
2) It is heavy.
3) Compensator is cool, but at night the 2 foot \/ of fire is blinding.

I carry my .38 Ultralite snubby and just take the UC to play with when out shooting.
I do like it but if I had it to do again I would get another Gov model .45.
Hope that helps-Pistonman
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm very turned off by compact 1911's because of reliability problems. But I had the Ultra Compact 9mm as my daily carry for about a year and a half. Even shot IDPA with. Only had one malthfunction.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#6]
so you guys would say it's worth around 500 bucks?  i think my 10/22 is worth a little more, but he's sayin he wants cash on top of my 10/22.  it's got 500 rounds through it, and it has custom internals.  here's what he says is done to it:

"It has custom grips, trigger, all internals except the barrel, the front strap and dust cover have
been radiused and bead blasted, Novak sites also added."

i'm just tryin to work out a value for the 1911, so i can decide if it's worth trading.  he says it's worth about $650+ and i don't know much about 1911s so i can't comment.  let me know!  thanks for the help guys!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:21:58 AM EDT
[#7]

His gun , $500 +   , your gun , $500 +  

Obviously you both are lookin for something different to shoot.

It's one of those deals you just gotta decide if the Gun "speaks " to you ,
and do some haggling.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I love my V10 Ultra Comp.  The only thing it won't digest reliably is my underpowered plain lead reloads, but the 5" won't either without a weaker spring.  I don't recall that the Ultra Comp has ever barfed on a factory round of any kind.  If you have a ported barrel, the fireball is impressive at night too.    I would like to get a non-ported barrel for carry, though.

ETA:  I just found the receipt.  I paid $482 in late 1996.  Novak sights will add close to $200 installed and the refinishing isn't cheap either.  Not sure what impact they have on resale value, but that might help you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a stainless ultra compact,and it really suprissed me with it's accuracy!

I would say one round short of a full sized,but with the right (high on hip fobas)you wouldn't know it was there!

Even up I would go for it!!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top