Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/29/2006 2:41:34 PM EDT
Well I finally got my first 1911 which is a Springfield SS loaded. Picked it up from the FFL and went straight to the range, I shot off 300 rounds and pulled some great groups. Got home and figured I should field strip and clean it up. Well I cleaned it up and now i can't get the fawkin thing back together. I am trying to reinstall the slide release and I can't get it to go in. I can't beleive i can't figure out how to put this thing back together. If any of you have any advice or places to check out explaining reassembly I would appreciate it very much.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:44:24 PM EDT
www.surplusrifle.com/pistol1911/disassemble/index.asp

This site has some good instructions with pics for the 1911.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:49:43 PM EDT
Thank you, you can't beleive how dumb I feel not being able to put this thing back together. I guess thats what 3 yrs shooting glocks will do to you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:10:56 PM EDT
Put it in a bag and shake it up. It just goes back together. Much easier than a Glock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:26:30 PM EDT
Thanks again John. I put it back together in about 5 seconds after looking at that diagram. This is the first NEW firearm I have ever purchased and was worried about fawking it up. The internels are actually just as easy as a glock but I had more experience with tupperware.

Thanks again,
Mike
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:13:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Squid1:
Put it in a bag and shake it up. It just goes back together. Much easier than a Glock.
i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/avidshooter/14.jpg

Squid you forgot the grip bushings and mainspring.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gregory_K:

Originally Posted By Squid1:
i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/avidshooter/14.jpg

Squid you forgot the grip bushings and mainspring.

You are right. Did you also notice that the mainspring housing retainer pin was missing from the pic? When I took that pic I had lost that part to the great gun parts bin in the sky. Wouldn't ya know, as soon as I ordered a new one it shows up in a long gun case.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:12:05 PM EDT
GULP!!! You mean to tell us that you took a gun STRAIGHT to the range and did not clean it prior to shooting it?????????

What is the worl coming to?

Congrats on your new weapon. I hope you can get it back together.
Top Top