Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 2:41:34 PM EDT
Well I finally got my first 1911 which is a Springfield SS loaded.  Picked it up from the FFL and went straight to the range, I shot off 300 rounds and pulled some great groups.  Got home and figured I should field strip and clean it up.  Well I cleaned it up and now i can't get the fawkin thing back together.  I am trying to reinstall the slide release and I can't get it to go in.  I can't beleive i can't figure out how to put this thing back together.  If any of you have any advice or places to check out explaining reassembly I would appreciate it very much.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
www.surplusrifle.com/pistol1911/disassemble/index.asp

This site has some good instructions with pics for the 1911.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, you can't beleive how dumb I feel not being able to put this thing back together.  I guess thats what 3 yrs shooting glocks will do to you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Put it in a bag and shake it up. It just goes back together. Much easier than a Glock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks again John.  I put it back together in about 5 seconds after looking at that diagram.  This is the first NEW firearm I have ever purchased and was worried about fawking it up.  The internels are actually just as easy as a glock but I had more experience with tupperware.

Thanks again,
Mike
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Put it in a bag and shake it up. It just goes back together. Much easier than a Glock.
i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/avidshooter/14.jpg

Squid you forgot the grip bushings and mainspring.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/avidshooter/14.jpg

Squid you forgot the grip bushings and mainspring.

You are right. Did you also notice that the mainspring housing retainer pin was missing from the pic? When I took that pic I had lost that part to the great gun parts bin in the sky. Wouldn't ya know, as soon as I ordered a new one it shows up in a long gun case.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#7]
GULP!!!   You mean to tell us that you took a gun STRAIGHT to the range and did not clean it prior to shooting it?????????

What is the worl coming to?  

Congrats on your new weapon.  I hope you can get it back together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top