Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2006 5:04:41 PM EDT
I have a Kimber Ultra Carry and I'm wondering if the Kimber facotry magazines are worth purchasing?

I would like to get a magazine that sits flush and I know that the Wilson Mags don't.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:11:52 PM EDT
The kimber tactical mags are good yet the factory regular mags suck sack. If you must stick with flat mags use the kimber tactical or premium i forget what they are called. I have 2 and they are great although I rely on Wilsons.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:37:51 PM EDT
What about the Wilsons with low profile basepad? I am not sure if they stick out or not. I have one on order right now and my ultra is at Kimber getting fixed but once I get the gun back and get the mag in the mail I will let you know if it sticks out or not.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:43:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 6:46:23 PM EDT by DanR]
I'll sell you my two Kimber mags cheap, Ultra Carry 7 rds, one SS, one blue - IM me.

Go with the Wilson, you'll get used to the base pad.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:49:14 PM EDT
The Wilsons will still stick out a little even with the low profile base pad (the magazine body is the same). I have two Kimber 7 round mags I use in my Springfield Micro Compact. One has worked as well as any I have, the other one has bound up to where I sometimes can't get more than 5 rounds in it.

I sent the bad one back to Kimber and asked them to repair or replace. I called them first. I suspect they'll send me a new one, waiting to see (just sent it out 2 or 3 days ago). Meanwhile, my Micro is back at Springfield.

BTW, I bought both mags on ebay, the good one was used (slightly, by a seller I've dealt with before) and the bad one was new in a sealed package. I paid way less than the price in your link for each.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:07:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PunisherDude06:
The kimber tactical mags are good yet the factory regular mags suck sack. If you must stick with flat mags use the kimber tactical or premium i forget what they are called. I have 2 and they are great although I rely on Wilsons.

Hope this helpshr

By tactical mags I assume you mean the Kim-Pro Tac. That's actually what I want. But I'm not even sure if they make them for the ultra cary and if they do I can't find them anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:11:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 7:12:06 AM EDT by SNAFU-M1A]
I own a dozen Kimber 7 & 8 rounders for my full size Kimbers & have no problems at all w/ them. I actually like Kimber's factory mags.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:21:36 AM EDT
The only malfuction I have ever had with my Mimber external extractor stainless II was a result of a 8 shot Kimber factory mag. My 7 shot mag has never gave me any any problems. I like the basepads it makes locking the magazine in place easier for me.
Top Top