Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 10:51:19 AM EDT
Anyone have a set with some good close up pictures?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Getting ready for your 1*?  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Roger that, cannot decide between tan or green grips :)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I had green Gator VZ grips on a TRP Operator and really liked them.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roger that, cannot decide between tan or green grips :)

I don't know about the Operator grips. but the "green" gatorbacks in canvas look tan to brown in pictures.  I can't figure that out.  I notice this on the VZ web site and when I took pics of mine, they look tan when I post them.  They really are green, but I can't prove it by snaping pics.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I thought I'd chime in and lend some help... The green canvas will vary from batch to bach from my supplier. Some runs a little on the brown side but lately it has all been a true green. It's an awesome color. Last week at SHOT show I completely sold out of my Desert and green canvas diamond backs to a herd of Marines. They would have taken more if I had them. I also met Gunnery Sergeant Sylvester Wiltshier USMC, of the Precision Weapons Section at Quantico. He is the production chief that oversees all special weapons going to the Marines. Yes, that includes their 1911's. Sergeant Wiltshier and his team have the Diamond Backs in their possession and are currenly evaluating them. So far he gives me the thumbs up and likes them a lot. Here are some pics.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:06:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:55:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't have Green DiamondBacks but I do have the Desert Tan.  Here they are on the Springfield I use for 3-Gun Matches.  Please excuse the lousy pictures (I don't know how to take them).

MadDog
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:43:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Tzyck,

When do you expect the green/tan grips to be back in stock?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:48:19 AM EDT
[#9]
chromeluv,

They are in stock. I just didn't bring enough to SHOT show. Order at will...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:49:10 AM EDT
[#10]
roger, thanks.

decisions decisions...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:11:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Here is my Mil Spec. **My apologies, I need to read the thread.  These are gator backs.***

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/RattlerXX/SpringerwithVZs.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top