Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/4/2006 10:49:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 10:49:43 AM EDT by triburst1]
I got to shoot one a couple years ago. I don't usually shoot 1911s myself, but it was very well done without a lot of crap added for no reason.

Anyone here have one?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:54:01 AM EDT
Tag. Never even seen one in real life, but I hear nice things.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:59:09 AM EDT
Part of the Vickers mystique is thaty he was too busy to make many guns. So there aren't many out there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:50:24 PM EDT
Of course, I owned 8 of them.

But I sold them all and bought an Enzo.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:49:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 4:49:53 PM EDT by triburst1]

Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:46:12 AM EDT
Dude, you're lucky, I've never even seen one of the things.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:22:50 AM EDT

"Delta pistol" by pistolsmith Larry Vickers- 1911 single-stack Springfield Armory .45. Bar-sto barrel and bushing, 20 lpi checkering on front strap, Novak's competition serrated rear sight, S&A mag well (flat), Videcki trigger, Novak dove-tail front sight, Wilson hammer and safety (not ambie), Wilson beavertail, dark wood grips and gray parkerized milspec finish. Uses WIlson 7 or 8 rnd mags with custom brass base pads. Pics and description courtesy Moron M40A1.

From "Military Morons"
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:33:09 AM EDT
One of the members of my gun club bought the 9 mm 1911 that Larry used to win the IDPA championshiop one year. Said member let me fire a mag of ammo through it. Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:11:52 AM EDT
I've only seen pictures
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 3:43:43 PM EDT by Va_Dinger]

Originally Posted By stony275:
One of the members of my gun club bought the 9 mm 1911 that Larry used to win the IDPA championshiop one year. Said member let me fire a mag of ammo through it. Sweet!

Didn't you shoot one of his pistols during the night shoot/crimson trace demonstration in our class? I shot one his customs and I’m sure you did also. Everybody on our side of the line shot Larrys. The other side shot Mr. Langdons. I also remember that we switched pistols for some reason. I shot your Glock and you & JD shot my Wilson.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:59:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Marksman14:

SON OF A.... That's got to hurt still!!!

I've not shot one of Mr. Vickers, but I got to fondle one that was built in the last 2 years. The man is a genius/artist/master all in one. I've played with Browns, Wilsons, Baers, Nighthawks, etc. and none of them compared to the Vickers pistol IMO. Unfortunately he is a busy man and doesn't build many these days.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:21:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:

Originally Posted By stony275:

Didn't you shoot one of his pistols during the night shoot/crimson trace demonstration in our class? I shot one his customs and I’m sure you did also. Everybody on our side of the line shot Larrys. The other side shot Mr. Langdons. I also remember that we switched pistols for some reason. I shot your Glock and you & JD shot my Wilson.

Larry was using a Nighthawk at that course and Ernie was using a S&W 1911.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:24:59 PM EDT
Eh, its alright. The Ferarri is more fun anyways, and the women love it. Works alot better than the time I walked into my local mall with all my Vickers 1911's in various holsters. What can I say, they like the car more.

Nothing beats the looks I get being a 21 year old driving around in a million dollar car

Ok, I'm done.

Top Top