Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 2:36:29 PM EDT
I saw one today and had a fit. I love it. Don't really have that much cash laying around now (1250). I am thinking of trading a RR M4 with surefire grips and some cash. The RR is really in good shape. How much cash should I offer him? What do you think about the Raptor?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I saw one today and had a fit. I love it. Don't really have that much cash laying around now (1250). I am thinking of trading a RR M4 with surefire grips and some cash. The RR is really in good shape. How much cash should I offer him? What do you think about the Raptor?

Honestly I think it is an ugly Kimber.  I think you would be better served with a Kimber Custom or TLE.  Especially, since these guns are now coming out of the factory with internal extractors.  Kimbers are great guns overall, with a slide to frame fit that is the best out there without spending the money on a full custom.  BTW, I own a TLEII and it has benn completly reliable.  Just my 2-cents.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#2]
<--------------Just look here...you know you want it
I have the Raptor Pro (4") and I love it.
I think the Grand Raptor is a work of art, I will own one eventually.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Just my opinion, but I think that faux-snakeskin feather pattern milling on the gripping surfaces is going to look stale as hell in about 5 years.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a GRAND RAPTOR 2 and i LOVE IT. Its accurate and havent had a complaint about it expect the magazine well is a little too tight from what i am used to. the magazine is NOT drop free all the time. Which SUCKS. But other than that it shoots great and feels great. I can not shoot the gun a whole lot at 1 time because of the serrations  on the front of the handle kinda digs into your skin.  LOOKS great and a TON of compliments on it.  If you want one for get one. DO NOT SELL YOUR RRA AR15.  THEY ARE THE BEST. I LOVE my RRA. I also have about 2500 in all the gun including the EOTECH and the BETA mag. heheh i love the beta  its great. GOTTA LOVE THE AMERICAN FREEDOM i hate it for those damn canucks up north. hehehe. WELL i would say if you are not a collector or an avid shooter do not but buy a regular KIMBER like a TL or a KIMBER custom.  These guns are collectors but i own 1 and not a collector just a shooter. ITS ALL UP TO YOU.  
i would say shoot 1 first before you buy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just my opinion, but I think that faux-snakeskin feather pattern milling on the gripping surfaces is going to look stale as hell in about 5 years minutes.

Personally I think they're fugly.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:28:25 AM EDT
[#7]
i think it looks pretty damn goofy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
The gun is an amazing gun. It is truely a work of art. You really need to see one in person to understand just how good they look. I came really, really, really close to walking out the with Raptor instead of my Kimber Warrior. It is really a nice pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top