Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:10:03 AM EDT
So reading here, I've picked up that the springs on my Micro Compact (3" barrelled) SA Loaded need to be changed more frequently than a full sized (every 500 round or so, does that sound correct?). Does anyone know if Wolf makes springs for this gun, and/or is there a different (read superrior) recoil system I can swap out for the stock captured two spring set up?

Thanks in advance,
T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
bump..... anyone?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I put an EFK double spring in my Officers model.  I looked, they dont make one for your Micro.  Doesn't look like wolff does either.  I just checked their site.

500 rounds doesn't seem like very long.  I have heard that they need replacing more often than Govt models, but 500 rounds seems pretty short.  Is it giving you problems?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll know in a few days. Today I'm tuning and installing a Wilson bullet proof extractor, and doing a bit of polish on the ramp with the dremel. I'll hit the range (probably Sat.) for function tests in a couple days. Last time out was horrible, before that was fine. (Last outting ended with tl about 500 rounds).

Really just trying to weigh options and gage when to replace the springs. I guess SA is my best source for them for now.

Thanks,
T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Well over 500 downrange with mine and not FTF's or issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top