Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/9/2006 2:38:29 PM EDT

Top one is an AO frame and then mixmaster everything else, hand fitted and refinished last week by myself and desertmoon, and the bottom one is a SA GI 1911-A1 in a compact 3"....

I'm hooked. You guys are a bad influence--between black rifles and 1911's, I'm in deep doo-doo...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:34:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:43:15 PM EDT
IMO..1911's are waaaaay worse than BRD.
While AR's are fun to build and a hoot to shoot, there's just something "cold" about 'em. Whereas 1911's got soul, baby. To me the only thing that can approach the "mortality rate" of 1911 disease is "Garanditis".

R
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:44:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Trumpet:
While AR's are fun to build and a hoot to shoot, there's just something "cold" about 'em. Whereas 1911's got soul, baby. To me the only thing that can approach the "mortality rate" of 1911 disease is "Garanditis".

R

Which is why I am avoiding a Garand purchase like the black death on a warm summer's day...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:48:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:

Originally Posted By Trumpet:

R

Which is why I am avoiding a Garand purchase like the black death on a warm summer's day...

[voice of crack dealer in "Just Say No" commercial]...it'll make ya feel good....it'll make ya feel good...it'll make ya feel good.....[/voice of crack dealer in "Just Say No" commercial]

Seriously, get a CMP Garand. You'll only regret not doing it sooner.
Top Top