Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 8:08:36 PM EDT
I think I'm going to go ahead and get one.  

The new ones, offered by CZ-USA, have a dream list of parts.  Ed Brown grip safety, EB bobtail mainspring housing, etc. etc.

The extractor is INTERNAL and there are no Series 80 style extra safeties.  The front strap is checkered 20 LPI.

Yeah.... I think I need one, some Wilson mags, and a Sparks VMII.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm drooling over one myself.  I'm going to get it in 10mm though.  I have two DW's (pre-CZ) and really enjoy them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:33:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm drooling over one myself.  I'm going to get it in 10mm though.  I have two DW's (pre-CZ) and really enjoy them.

I had a craving for 10mm, but the cost of practice ammo convinced me otherwise.  This will be my only pistol so I need to stick with something that eats cheap ammo.

And no, I don't mean it will be my FIRST pistol... just my only one right now.  I've had several in the past, just sold em all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the dream list of parts remains the same, looks like the only difference is the internal extractor. Haven't had a problem with my external extractor yet.

The old ones didn't have frontstrap checkering, did they?

I know I have seen some pics of some PT-CBOB's without the checkering.

I was thinking about getting a Colt Combat Commander and adding my own parts but hell, the DW is already set up right and costs less than I would end up putting into the Colt.

Now I just need to find a really nice set of grips.  I found a set of grips by Esmeralda that look awesome...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top