BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How tall is the front sight with the CHPWS plate?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How tall is the front sight with the CHPWS plate?

So was a new front sight needed? Will the "stock" Gen2 front sight not work?

Al
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So was a new front sight needed? Will the "stock" Gen2 front sight not work?

Al
View Quote

As is, I’m happy with it.  I just zeroed it and the dot is definitely above the irons when “cowitnessing”. A .210-.220 would actually probably be perfect.  Obviously these are intended to be used independently and when I use the dot, target focus with the dot roughly centered in the optic is what I'm going for, but it gives you a decent indicator.  I'll report back shooting irons only and see how it does, but again, since these are "backups", I like that they're out of the way, and even if it does shoot a little high irons only, Im absolutely fine with that.

That being said, I think the OEM is .285 if I remember what my calipers read. That would no doubt be too high.

ETA:

Attachment Attached File

CHPWS RMR plate with 10-8 .195 front sight, 25y zero with 124 gold dot standard pressure.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]
How many more mags come with the guns ordered through the Heroes program?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:17:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How many more mags come with the guns ordered through the Heroes program?
View Quote

Active LE is 6. Everyone else under Hero Program 3.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:37:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Huh.  Didn't know active LE got more mags, I thought they just liked me as a loyal customer.

I bought two ordered one in November 19 received April 01 20, the second ordered in July and delivered in October I think, for my wife's Christmas gift.

Between April and October there were changes to the pistol.  Different mag base plates to accommodate Dawson mag well, different looking markings on frame, name change for manufacturer from STI to Staccato, different height irons, and overall a more polished finished pistol.   I consider mine gen 2, the wife's gen 3.  Gen 1 being the tree bark grip and old style rear sight and cover for red dot cut.  I told my wife she got a better gun than I did.  

I love both of them. Hers required no work, mine required new baseplates for mags to work with the Dawson tactical advantage magwell and some file work in the grip to accept old STI mags and be drop free with all the old and new mags.  No biggie, I ain't skeered to put a file or Dremel to a $ 2500 pistol.

If you have problems with new mags nosediving the first round in a gen 2 gun, change out the weak ass recoil spring it shipped with and put in the medium recoil spring or plus p spring.  Solves the problem.

I'll say on top of pistols well done, even if they released before they had the final version and were unprepared for the onslaught of orders, this company is the only gun company who called me after the sale to check up on me and gage my satisfaction on their product and ask that I report any issues I might encounter.  They genuinely want to provide the best and are open to feedback.  Rock on Staccato.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, heard from STI. They just asked if I tried other brands of ammo. Which not yet because I have thousands of this one kind stocked.

Guess I’ll go buy some more ammo of different types.
View Quote

My son's $2+K STI  (Non-staccato) wouldn't run factory 230gr ball 100% when he got it. It had to go back. For that price it should run on any decent factory ammo.

None of my son's RIAs choked like the STI.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like there are more changes for 2021 besides what we mentioned above.

Regular Staccato P up 100 in price
Staccato P DPO down 100 in price
"Chrome DLC" barrel" is now a 400 dollar option, I assume this chromes the slide and DLCs the barrel like on the XLs as the price is even the same.

I also saw a few of their dealers advertising "new CS frame" but noention of what was different and couldn't notice anything.

I went to their site and could find no mention of anything about the frame and their old verbiage about the slide being lengthened is gone.  Instead it now says 2021 guns get a flush cut and 11 degree crowned barrel.  I guess this was easier than extending the slide.

Edit:  looks like the C2 DPO price was decreased 200 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks like there are more changes for 2021 besides what we mentioned above.

Regular Staccato P up 100 in price
Staccato P DPO down 100 in price
"Chrome DLC" batrel" is now a 400 dollar option, I assume this chromes the slide and DLCs the barrel like on the XLs as the price is even the same.

I also saw a few of their dealers advertising "new CS frame" but noention of what was different and couldn't notice anything.

I went to their site and could find no mention of anything about the frame and their old verbiage about the slide being lengthened is gone.  Instead it now says 2021 guns get a flush cut and 11 degree crowned barrel.  I guess this was easier than extending the slide.

Edit:  looks like the C2 DPO price was decreased 200 bucks.
View Quote

Looks like they got wise and aren't including every RDS adapter anymore.  When I clicked add to cart, that was the message I got, then I was prompted to go to a page to buy the RDS adapter.

I used CHPWS and was laughing that I know I spent a good amount of money to get that Dawson set with the pistol.  I guess at this point I'm going to post mine for sale.  No sense keeping it and maybe it can help a new buyer save some $$.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Found this press release, guess there is a new slidestop too:

https://starlocalmedia.com/news/state/staccato-plans-for-continued-growth/article_d670e251-92ab-56e0-a4f9-77a05b91d1c1.html

Nothing on "CS frame"
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Found this press release, guess there is a new slidestop too:

https://starlocalmedia.com/news/state/staccato-plans-for-continued-growth/article_d670e251-92ab-56e0-a4f9-77a05b91d1c1.html

Nothing on "CS frame"
View Quote

Wish I had read this earlier today before heading off to my local GS.  I just compared the older "P' to the CS "P" (serial number prefix starts with 21 vs TX).  The only visible difference I could tell was the $100 more and the magwell which I didn't want.  Ended-up with the older one for $1999 (vs $2099).  If I knew what the upgrades were, I could have done more of a comparison.

I took mine out after purchase and broke it in.  I ran into several stove pipes with a semi-chambered round.  And weak ejection.   But I was using some light reloads.  Also was shooting it Store bought dry.  Added some oil and more rounds, and the problems seem to go away.  Worked fine with 147 HST ammo.  Like my original P I foolishly sold, this one shoots like a dream and makes me look good.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish they’d knock off about $500 of the XC so I could get one to go with my P Duo
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Threaded barrel option soon as well, guess I'll have order again as I need a host.  If there is no tall sight option guess I'll have to order a DPO to get them by default.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#15]
where is the best place to buy these at?  seems like everyone shows 2399 for the P DPO... is this the best price? (or just the m.a.p.)

thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
where is the best place to buy these at?  seems like everyone shows 2399 for the P DPO... is this the best price? (or just the m.a.p.)

thanks!
View Quote

MAP/MSRP is the only price you will ever see advertised.  It must be required to be a dealer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

thanks!
View Quote

Asked the same thing myself last week. Some helpful advice here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Staccato-Pricing/49-198691/
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

MAP/MSRP is the only price you will ever see advertised.  It must be required to be a dealer.
View Quote

It is, LGS once listed their STI guns for $1 off MSRP and they got a not happy email from STI within like 48 hours. Best bet is to find a dealer that will cut you a deal. If I remember correctly I paid $2200 for my P DUO last year
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It is, LGS once listed their STI guns for $1 off MSRP and they got a not happy email from STI within like 48 hours. Best bet is to find a dealer that will cut you a deal. If I remember correctly I paid $2200 for my P DUO last year
View Quote

It will just have to be in-person or over the phone.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I noticed how First Responder is only 10% now. Glad I at least got one for 15%.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey,

If one of you guys (or gals) need a CHPWS plate for Staccato (RMR/Holosun Pattern), I have a spare new in package that I am going to throw on the EE.

This: https://chpws.com/product/sti-duo-low-profile-rmr-adapter-plate

IM/DM/email me if you want it, $135 shipped.

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Just picked up my XC, the wait was barely more than a month and nowhere near the 90 to 120 day estimate.

Initial impressions:

I did only get the usual 3 mags so the extra mags are definitely active LE only.
I was charged a transfer fee even though it was a Staccato dealer, I guess it is their discretion.
I didn't get a shipping notice, I was completely surprised.
The package says DPO, not DUO but I still got all the extras like 2020 guns.
My frame is not one of the 2021 marked frames.
Barrel to slide and slide to frame fit are a little looser than my P, C2, and the XL I handled at the dealer, all of which had zero perceptible play. I wonder if that is due to the weak spring and island barrel/comp.
Trigger is amazing.
The magwell isn't as annoying as I thought, I'll probably leave it on.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just picked up my XC, the wait was barely more than a month and nowhere near the 90 to 120 day estimate.

Initial impressions:

I did only get the usual 3 mags so the extra mags are definitely active LE only.
I was charged a transfer fee even though it was a Staccato dealer, I guess it is their discretion.
I didn't get a shipping notice, I was completely surprised.
The package says DPO, not DUO but I still got all the extras like 2020 guns.
My frame is not one of the 2021 marked frames.
Barrel to slide and slide to frame fit are a little looser than my P, C2, and The XL I handled at the dealer.  I wonder if that is duecto the weak spring and island barrel/comp.
Trigger is amazing.
The magwell isn't as annoying as I thought, I'll probably leave it.
View Quote

I have shot a friends XC and it is one of the most fun guns I have ever shot. I like it better than open guns I have owned/shot. The factory trigger is really outstanding.

Enjoy your new pistol.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Just got it all cleaned/oiled and a 10lb recoil spring installed.

When I picked it up I knew the trigger was better than advertised, I estimated it to be at 2lbs or less.

My lyman digital gage puts it at 2lb 1oz.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#25]
It ships with a 7 or 8 pound spring, why the change to 10?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It ships with a 7 or 8 pound spring, why the change to 10?
View Quote

Yes, it ships with an 8.

For reliability.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a couple K through my XC with the factory spring, so far it’s been perfect. I did order a 9 pound spring for when it needs to be changed for no other reason than Wilson had it in stock with a couple other parts I needed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a couple K through my XC with the factory spring, so far it’s been perfect. I did order a 9 pound spring for when it needs to be changed for no other reason than Wilson had it in stock with a couple other parts I needed.
View Quote

I'm not surprised none of the reviews I found suggested it didn't run with the 8.

It's just that with an 8lb spring the slide doesn't return with authority as it is close to the edge of functionality and becomes sluggish when dirty.  In Hilton Yam's video he settled on a 9 for his purposes, I have some of those on hand as well.

Figured I'd start with the 10 and if I liked how it shot, leave it alone.  I did do some testing with dummies and the 8lb spring and it was certainly a bit outside my comfort zone.

I weighed all the components and was pretty surprised to see the slide only weighed 10.3oz.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:26:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Looks like they got wise and aren't including every RDS adapter anymore.  When I clicked add to cart, that was the message I got, then I was prompted to go to a page to buy the RDS adapter.

I used CHPWS and was laughing that I know I spent a good amount of money to get that Dawson set with the pistol.  I guess at this point I'm going to post mine for sale.  No sense keeping it and maybe it can help a new buyer save some $$.

View Quote

Effectively that is a pretty solid price increase then as those adapters are over 100 each.

On my XC I ordered in December that I just picked up it only came with one plate, the Trijicon pattern.  The package labels already say DPO and not DUO.  Are you saying the DUO guns used to come with all three plates?

Also the dealers advertising "new CS frame" are just confused by the new labels on the case.  CS = carbon steel AL = Aluminum.

They started putting that in the product description on the tags on the case recently and I guess some think it is something new.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:37:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Threaded barrel option is now live on their site.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#31]
$200 seems pretty reasonable. I bet they sell quite a few.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I went with 300 for the DLC.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Effectively that is a pretty solid price increase then as those adapters are over 100 each.

On my XC I ordered in December that I just picked up it only came with one plate, the Trijicon pattern.  The package labels already say DOO and not DUO.  Are you saying the DUO guns used to come with all three plates?

Also the dealers advertising "new CS frame" are just confused by the new labels on the case.  CS = carbon steel AL = Aluminum.

They started putting that in the product description on the tags on the case recently and I guess some think it is something new.
View Quote

Sorry- looks like they added some plates.  Before it was just the RMR or the DPP parts that were included with all 2020 guns. If you add the rear sight needed for the DPP and the RMR kit, it’s about 200.  As it stands, I have the full 2020 kit here unused, and put more money into the Chpws setup.  I’d have rather not had to spend the money on any staccato plates and saved the coin.

I asked about DUO vs DPO.  Just a licensing issue so they changed to DPO.  The “system” is the same.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sorry- looks like they added some plates.  Before it was just the RMR or the DPP parts that were included with all 2020 guns. If you add the rear sight needed for the DPP and the RMR kit, it’s about 200.  As it stands, I have the full 2020 kit here unused, and put more money into the Chpws setup.  I’d have rather not had to spend the money on any staccato plates and saved the coin.

I asked about DUO vs DPO.  Just a licensing issue so they changed to DPO.  The “system” is the same.
View Quote

Yeah I confirmed that with their CS a few weeks ago too.  My XC came with the full kit then just like they used to.  Guess it was because I ordered before Jan 1.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#35]
I noticed this set screw in the side of my rear sight was lose.  I'm assuming it's suppose to be tight?  And what does it do?
Thanks.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I noticed this set screw in the side of my rear sight was lose.  I'm assuming it's suppose to be tight?  And what does it do?
Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/pMUqEGX.jpg
View Quote

Looks like it’s meant to lock in your elevation adjustment. Probably needed more for duty use.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Been happy with my Staccato C2 DUO for the most part. Has about 800 rounds (115 fmj and 147 HST) through it with no failures of any kind. My biggest gripe is the safety is wearing against the frame pretty bad. Contacted Staccato and they said it was normal though. Anyone experienced this too?

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Been happy with my Staccato C2 DUO for the most part. Has about 800 rounds (115 fmj and 147 HST) through it with no failures of any kind. My biggest gripe is the safety is wearing against the frame pretty bad. Contacted Staccato and they said it was normal though. Anyone experienced this too?

https://i.imgur.com/DLphyQK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Y82tVxY.jpg
View Quote

That’s pretty excessive. Mine has zero wear with a lot more rounds through it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That’s pretty excessive. Mine has zero wear with a lot more rounds through it.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly. Thank you for the outlook.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Man I'm glad I decided to pass on one of these.  Way too many issues for the cost of the gun
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Where's everyone finding mags? Every time I check Staccato's website, they are out of stock.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Where's everyone finding mags? Every time I check Staccato's website, they are out of stock.
View Quote

There or Dawson.  Check Staccato daily though as it is constantly updated.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:13:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There or Dawson.  Check Staccato daily though as it is constantly updated.
View Quote

Only other place I have found them is Botach. I know, I know.

They have the 17 rounders for $50 instead of the $70 that Staccato and Dawson ask. As of now they are out of stock like everyone else though.

I bought the last two 140's they had as a test a week ago and they were in my hands two days later. I ordered ten of the 17 rounders this past Saturday and they were scheduled for delivery tomorrow but UPS delayed it a day due to the weather. I might get a box full of socks though because Botach, but to save $200 I'll roll the dice.

This is not an endorsement of Botach. You pay your money and take your chances but for me at least they have been an alternate source.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They have the 17 rounders for $50 instead of the $70 that Staccato and Dawson ask. As of now they are out of stock like everyone else though.

I bought the last two 140's they had as a test a week ago and they were in my hands two days later. I ordered ten of the 17 rounders this past Saturday and they were scheduled for delivery tomorrow but UPS delayed it a day due to the weather. I might get a box full of socks though because Botach, but to save $200 I'll roll the dice.

This is not an endorsement of Botach. You pay your money and take your chances but for me at least they have been an alternate source.
View Quote

I think 50 was the going rate on the last gen magazines.  If you get them I wonder if they'll be Gen 2.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Man I'm glad I decided to pass on one of these.  Way too many issues for the cost of the gun
View Quote

You sound like my dad, 8000 gleaming reviews and one bad one. (Everyone hates them)
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Appreciate it. Thanks. I'm aware of Botach's shenanigans and have dealt with them before. I'll keep checking.
Quoted:

I think 50 was the going rate on the last gen magazines.  If you get them I wonder if they'll be Gen 2.
View Quote

The Gen 2's started out at $49. Getting the price down was part of Staccato's "duty ready" marketing strategy. New management talked a lot about how the Gen 1's were too expensive and unreliable. I bought a bunch at $49. Then they did a 180 and raised the price again. Justification was the newer aluminum base plates but the move was a turn-off for a lot of folks, myself included.

My beef with Staccato isn't the guns, it's the inconsistency within the company: changing mag designs 3-4 times in less than two years; raising, then lowering, then raising prices; changing LE discounts on the fly; shipping guns with 3 mags, or 2 mags, teflon mags, or stainless mags, or only 20 round mags; and all other flip-flop changes to the Staccato P. I get they are still experiencing growing pains but brand consistency isn't something you can sacrifice long-term. Just look at Geissele.

I still love my Staccato's but I can't recommend with a clear conscience at this point.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My beef with Staccato isn't the guns, it's the inconsistency within the company: changing mag designs 3-4 times in less than two years; raising, then lowering, then raising prices; changing LE discounts on the fly; shipping guns with 3 mags, or 2 mags, teflon mags, or stainless mags, or only 20 round mags; and all other flip-flop changes to the Staccato P. I get they are still experiencing growing pains but brand consistency isn't something you can sacrifice long-term. Just look at Geissele.

I still love my Staccato's but I can't recommend with a clear conscience at this point.
View Quote

I agree 100%.

Figure out what you're doing already.  How many variations of the Stacatto P are there now? 1.0, 2.0, 3.0?  How can anyone comment on a general overall review of the gun when it changes every 6 months?  
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I agree 100%.

Figure out what you're doing already.  How many variations of the Stacatto P are there now? 1.0, 2.0, 3.0?  How can anyone comment on a general overall review of the gun when it changes every 6 months?  
View Quote

There’s only been two P models in production, first the 4.1 barrel then they moved to 4.4 in model (last two years).  How many glock 17’s are we up to now?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Appreciate it. Thanks. I'm aware of Botach's shenanigans and have dealt with them before. I'll keep checking.

The Gen 2's started out at $49. Getting the price down was part of Staccato's "duty ready" marketing strategy. New management talked a lot about how the Gen 1's were too expensive and unreliable. I bought a bunch at $49. Then they did a 180 and raised the price again. Justification was the newer aluminum base plates but the move was a turn-off for a lot of folks, myself included.

View Quote

And unsurprisingly that price increase is about exactly what the basepads cost from Dawson.

All the mags I've bought from Dawson and STI come with the old style basepads on the mags but include a bag with the new ones.

They just bought a shitload of his basepads and added them to the existing inventory and marked up the price accordingly.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There’s only been two P models in production, first the 4.1 barrel then they moved to 4.4 in model (last two years).  How many glock 17’s are we up to now?
View Quote

Actually there’s a new CS version. I looked at one when I bought my “new” Staccato version.  All I could tell was magwell vs no magwell and a $100 increase.  I didn’t want a magwell, so I saved the $100.  But according to Staccato’s website ( the company formally known as STI), there’s more to it than that.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top