User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like without fanfare they dropped the "tuxedo" option and added an XL DPO option.

I would guess as bad as they're struggling to meet demand it made sense to drop a finish option.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like without fanfare they dropped the "tuxedo" option and added an XL DPO option.

I would guess as bad as they're struggling to meet demand it made sense to drop a finish option.
View Quote

Forever they said the 5” gun wouldn’t run an optic reliability even though my 5” tactical never missed a beat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Specifically I thought that only applied to the "LE Only" P5 model.

The XL has a lightened slide, though I don't have a P5 to weigh against and don't know which one truly weighs more.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone running MBX magazines?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
With some having issues with factory mags I don't see much discussion on aftermarket mags.

I had been looking to buy another 10 factory 20s for a few weeks but STI/Staccato was out of stock every day when I checked.

I decided to give MBX a try (but of course the very next day after giving up on factory mags they finally came back in stock ) as they have a great reputation in the competitive shooting scene.  They have a new variation of their 126mm mag geared more for carry called the "Defender" series.  It differs from the standard 126mm in that it has a stonger spring, different basepad, lockback follower, different witness holes, 20rd capacity instead of 21, and lifetime body warranty.

Contrary to some reports they don't interfere with the factory magwell.  Despite also being a 126mm mag they are longer than the factory 126s by just a bit.  It is hard to believe they get 3 more rounds in a 126mm body, but they do.  It seats easily on a closed slide too.

They were pretty hard to load to capacity initially (man my thumb is sore) but I'm sure that'll get better with time.

Not enough round count to get excited about but I really like them so far since they have the capacity of the factory 140mm mag with a profile close to the factory 126mm mag.

Comparison pics

Factory 126mm, 17rd

MBX Defender 126mm, 20rd

Factory 140mm, 20rd

Factory 126mm left, MBX Defender Right

Factory 140mm left, MBX Defender Right

I really like the size to capacity ratio and if they continue to be reliable I'm going to be getting more that's for sure.  As soon as I get some more round count on these and all stays well I'm in for another 10 at least.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Received two new Staccato mags from Dawson today. I guess Gen 3 is officially a thing now because they're both marked "G3". Springs are noticably stronger than my early-2020 mags, which is positive change. They also changed the STI logo to "20*11". Follower geometry looks the same but I haven't pulled them apart yet.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, heard from STI. They just asked if I tried other brands of ammo. Which not yet because I have thousands of this one kind stocked.

Guess I’ll go buy some more ammo of different types.
View Quote

Screw that.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top