[#3]
Garrett Industries

Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
A few dead elephants on this one.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I decided I wanted something a little different so I went with this from Bullseye holsters. We've been on kind of a Van Gogh kick since visiting the town where he died. Seems to work as well as the big names.

Attachment Attached File

This goes in it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Galco Silhouette High Ride  (not my pic, stolen from the internet)

Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
AlienGear OWB. I have to change slightly with bodily location with season/attire.
I can't carry a 1911 at all times.
Speedo and all.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got in a DeSantis Mini-Scabbard for a commander size pistol.
Put it on right away,it carries high and tucks pistol to your side.
Going to like this,i believe.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Normally a Blade Tech Eclipse kydex holster. A few years ago I discovered and started using StealthGear IWB Onyx Ventcore holsters at 4 O'clock, and tried one of their Ventcore Flex OWB holsters at 3 O'Clock, which I really like as well. Belt is a 5.11 Apex Gunner's belt which works better and is a hell of a lot more durable, stronger than any leather belt I ever used in the last 30 years including shark skin and elephant skin. It's nice to have choices. I gave up leather some time ago because it just doesn't hold up well over time/use when used to hold and carry the weight of full sized all steel guns and magazines all day on and off duty.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#11]
John makes some nice leather.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Like the Delta, ... but good gawd that funky rear sight hanging out there would make for a sharp-stabbing, painful experience if you ever fell on your hip.

Maybe swap it out for a low-profile fixed sight that's had its sharp edges rounded a bit?
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Tag for later this afternoon. My LAG Tactical Defender for my 1911 should be arriving this afternoon.

Should look like this except for the Spartan badge.

ETA: Holster arrived and looks nice. Gun is a very tight fit, may loosen up the tension screw a little. This is a MidSize slide (4.25") and the holster will not fit a 5" slide because of the rounding on the kydex at the muzzle. But my 3.5" does fit it. I'll have to wear it for a while to get a good impression of how it carries.

Link Posted: 7/16/2018 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Warbird Gun Leather. Best OWB holsters I've owned after a couple of decades of trying just about everything on the market.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Snow Canyon, but only for things like weddings and barbecues
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 4:19:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd be curious to know how many of you guys running leather have compared them to kydex running training classes, and what your thoughts are.

I only run Milt Sparks leather for IWB, because I have to consider comfort... but I only run JM kydex OWB because it's a fast and reliable draw stroke.

I will admit that in all the courses I've taken, I've never run a leather holster, so I wonder if a proper Tucker/Sparks/Del Fatti/TT Gunleather/etc works as well.  You gotta figure that leather got the job done for a hell of a long time, and still does, but I'd like to hear opinions from folks who have ran both and ran them hard.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#17]
The only leather I've used in classes has been an OWB belt slide and it worked great. I've been all kydex for a numbers of years now, though, for various reasons. I carry OWB so comfort is less of an issue for me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Kydex feels faster to me. Practically I doubt it matters.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#19]
5 Shot Leather LFA
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
El Paso Saddlery Tortilla.
View Quote
Great holster.  I really like mine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Milt Sparks Criterion. Hands down the best holster I’ve ever carried IWB with.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd be curious to know how many of you guys running leather have compared them to kydex running training classes, and what your thoughts are.

I only run Milt Sparks leather for IWB, because I have to consider comfort... but I only run JM kydex OWB because it's a fast and reliable draw stroke.

I will admit that in all the courses I've taken, I've never run a leather holster, so I wonder if a proper Tucker/Sparks/Del Fatti/TT Gunleather/etc works as well.  You gotta figure that leather got the job done for a hell of a long time, and still does, but I'd like to hear opinions from folks who have ran both and ran them hard.
View Quote
You do alot of running...
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Like the Delta, ... but good gawd that funky rear sight hanging out there would make for a sharp-stabbing, painful experience if you ever fell on your hip.

Maybe swap it out for a low-profile fixed sight that's had its sharp edges rounded a bit?
View Quote
I just wanted something adjustable that didn't require slide milling, given the wide range of bullet weights the 10mm can shoot. Besides, I'm old and fat. The chances of me moving fast enough to upset my center of gravity are slim. Now, in a dangerous situation (cause I do CCW this on the weekends) I can't always control the outcomes but I'll just have to try to get low on my anterior surface rather than my lateral one before the shooting starts! !
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Galco Fed Paddle
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top