Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2017 6:48:56 PM EDT
Traded an old Bushmaster AR, 10 Mags and some ammo for this.

Fellow says it was his father’s but he had no need or want for it.

Similar looking “race guns” seem to go for quite a bit and I asked if he’d rather I research it and get him a good price, but he just wanted  an AR instead.

Any of you have any knowledge on this particular maker?

It’s a .40 caliber.

Radical Precision really didn’t turn much up on my searches.

Came with 5 magazines and a Pelican 1470 case.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a high dollar gun. I dunno if I would have made the trade because it is 40 caliber but in 9mm or 45 I would have.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks and says to be an STI 2011.. High end race gun...

https://stiguns.com/the-sti-2011/
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have really no idea about high end 1911 type pistols.

Long range rifles, various battle rifles, and self defense firearms we can talk all day, but this thing has me stumped.

I’ve seen similar frames picture posted on other competition pistol builds, but I really took a chance on this one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks and says to be an STI 2011.. High end race gun...

https://stiguns.com/the-sti-2011/
View Quote
Came here to say that..... 2011 mags are $75 a pop new (without the fancy baseplates), and the "cheap" STI models (NOT this one) starts about $1K.....    call them and ask about the serial number.... I would like to know if it is theirs, or someone built it out of a kit.....  it looks pretty clean nevertheless......   
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I would give my left nut for it but they already took it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
the guy who did that trade is an idiot.

thats a $1500 rig, used.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#7]
My search found was built by Venry d'Aiguillon.  Has since passed of cancer.  Was competition shooter and smith.  Google Venry d'Aiguillon STI 2011. Some of his posts can be found on Brian Enos forum.

Great trade!
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
You have unbelievably scored is what you've done..... even if you don't want it

Congratulations

If he has another one tell him I have a colt 6920 and 10 mags ........ please
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the info provided so far, you guys have given me several leads to check on.  

As for being a great trade, yeah it is, but I find it to be a sadness that someone cares so little for an heirloom.  

I’ve got junk from my dad that’s worth in the tens of dollars that’s precious to me,  just trading off your legacy is a real tragedy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#10]
This guy has a Venry gun.  Shoots 1" offhand at 15yds.Link
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#11]
From what I have read, probably a $3000 pistol when it was new.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#12]
The SV in the grip says Strayer Voight to me.  AKA SVI which is even more expensive than a STI.  Kinda puzzled why so much work but no comp that I'm seeing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The SV in the grip says Strayer Voight to me.  AKA SVI which is even more expensive than a STI.  Kinda puzzled why so much work but no comp that I'm seeing.
View Quote
Sort of looks like it may have been set up for IPSC Limited class. No comp, no optics, but the other do-dads are GTG.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice LTD gun.

the mags alone are worth (close) the cost of a used bushmaster.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a limited division custom 2011 built for ipsc/uspsa competition.  Hardly a heirloom, just another workhorse pistol built to compete.
You def got the better of that deal.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#16]
You won the trade lottery.  This never happens to me.  I hate you.  Congrats, nice blaster.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
The plastic grip is SV but the frame itself is an STI.  SV quit selling frames years ago.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Update:

Got in touch with the firearms instructor that I trained as my replacement, right now he's at the FLETC in Glynco.

He's into competition shooting so I texted him a few pics to see what he thought.

In typical fashion rather than just give his opinion,  he managed to not only find the company in Florida, but talk to the person that owns it now.

Turns out they quit customizing pistols back in 2008, but that with the serial number he will look it up and give me the parts list as well as who did the work.

And he also said that the owner is interested in buying it back, so we'll see what happens.

And again, thanks to all of you for your time and information.

I was sort of worried that I might not have made that great a trade, by you guys put my mind at ease.

Now I really feel bad for the kid that traded me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Update:

Got in touch with the firearms instructor that I trained as my replacement, right now he's at the FLETC in Glynco.

He's into competition shooting so I texted him a few pics to see what he thought.

In typical fashion rather than just give his opinion,  he managed to not only find the company in Florida, but talk to the person that owns it now.

Turns out they quit customizing pistols back in 2008, but that with the serial number he will look it up and give me the parts list as well as who did the work.

And he also said that the owner is interested in buying it back, so we'll see what happens.

And again, thanks to all of you for your time and information.

I was sort of worried that I might not have made that great a trade, by you guys put my mind at ease.

Now I really feel bad for the kid that traded me.
View Quote
You could throw the kid an extra $200 - $400 if you feel that bad.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice trade
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Don’t feel bad, he got what he wanted in trade without the hassle he was probably worried about.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey, I even asked if he wanted me to research it for a better price and he refused.

Still though, I really didn't know how expensive those things were.

It's up for sale at $3100 and with negotiations it'll go down to still a decent price, I'll make money and someone will be happy with their race gun and accessories.

I almost want to keep it for the nostalgia of it being a Venry d'Aiguillon (yeah got a lot of info over the past day or so) build, but what do I need that much pistol for when a Glock with a trigger job fills my needs?

Tough choice.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:56:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Not worth keeping if you don't plan on shooting uspsa/ipsc limited matches.

They can get finicky if not regularly maintained.  

Factory ammo can be finicky as these gun prefer longer oal ammo.  Factory ammo are on the short side

Drop a mag on the dirt, better clean it before using again.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You won the trade lottery.  This never happens to me.  I hate you.  Congrats, nice blaster.
View Quote
RIGHT!!  Me too.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#26]
op thats a great score,  I paid 600 for a bushmaster ar 5 or so years ago,  cant really remember,  and I agree with your post,  my father built 5 AR and 1 AR10 before he passed away,  I dont care it they are worth 10K or 10 bucks I will never let them go,  when I mess around with them I think about him.  Sad the kid just let it go,  but maybe him and his pops didnt get along or maybe he was just not interested.

anyway glad you made out,  looks like a sweep pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top