Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2017 11:55:35 AM EDT
just got a Remington R1s in a trade.  shot 100 rounds through it with no issues...the trigger feels good and the gun is in excellent condition.  I have been reading mixed reviews on the R1, anything I should know?  sights are already on my upgrade list, what else should I replace ?  I only own one other 1911 that is my stock RIA TactII  so I am not really to educated on the platform. thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Other than sights that's all you'd need. Save your money for ammo and good mags
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
First run of those things came up bad.  They stopped production and patched the holes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Ost
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep a close eye on the firing pin safety.  When they go South, everything comes to an abrupt stop.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an R1 mil spec with over 2000 flawless rounds down range.  
I bought an R1 Carry Commander two months ago ($100 rebate check already arrived) and it's been flawless as well.  

My R1 Mil spec has a nicer trigger than my Springfield RO and Kimber 3".
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:36:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First run of those things came up bad.  They stopped production and patched the holes.
View Quote
That was the 51.

The only issue with the early R1's was the slide stop overhang.
That was fixed during production early on. As far as I know, they never stopped producing until they moved production to Alabama.

OP

I have two of the standard models. One is one of the first ones to hit the market, and the second a stainless version made in 2014. The truth is they are good guns. Mine are reliable and decently made. They have been 100% reliable with all ammo thrown at them. Be it hollow points, or LSWC's.

The bad you are always hearing is Remington's shitty quality control. They have cheapened up pretty much all lines, and are trying to squeeze every cent they can get.

This day in age you are taking a gamble by buying a big green product. I nearly got boned last year by buying an 870P that reviewers led me to believe were NOS from the late 90's. When in fact the gun was a 200 year model from 2016. I really dodged a bullet on that, and the gun is top notch. I'd not be doing that again. I don't want to be a loser with a shit Remington.

All that said. The only 1911's I've read bad about, are the 10mm Hunters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top