Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2017 10:19:54 PM EDT
I am eyeing a Dan Wesson Valor 10 mm Blem that is about $500 less than retail. I am nervous about buying it because I have never actually seen it in person. I called the shop today and the guy that answere the call said it has a thin indention on the slide about 1/2 the length of a penny. Said it can't be seen unless you hold the gun 6" from your face at a 45 degree angle. It is priced right but I am having a hard time getting passed that "dent." Have any of you scored big on a Blem Model gun?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
have seen many blems usually you cant even see the blemish I wouldn't be at all concerned personally..
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#2]
6 months of use most of my 1911s look like blems.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I would have no problem making that purchase, even sight unseen.
Unless it is bare metal, it sounds like it wouldn't even be something I would notice.
But, I also shoot the piss out of my firearms and they end up with a fair amount of "character" anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of my gun broker purchase look for holster wear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top