Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 8:52:26 AM EDT
I just replaced the all black original sights on my series 80 stainless govt. model with Trijicon night sights.

Aging eyes and the original sights meant it stayed in the safe.  Now I can see day or night.  What a difference.

Replacing the front sight is not easy.  Took it to a gunsmith who built a tool to assist.  Didn't want to break the tritium vile.  I normally do everything myself, this was a good move.

May have to buy some more powder.  I will be shooting a lot more 45 in the future.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:08:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Any up-grade that helps get a pistol on the range is a good one.  The Colt SS Government model is a pistol on my list.  All my carry guns have Trijicon front night sights.  I have a 'smith install them just to be on the safe side.  I have a 550B dedicated to loading a 200 gr LSWC with 5.5 gr W231, my pet load for 27 years.

Good Shooting!
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You actually found a gunsmith willing to stake a front sight in this day and age?   Miracles never cease.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:48:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just replaced the all black original sights on my series 80 stainless govt. model with Trijicon night sights.

Aging eyes and the original sights meant it stayed in the safe.  Now I can see day or night.  What a difference.

Replacing the front sight is not easy.  Took it to a gunsmith who built a tool to assist.  Didn't want to break the tritium vile.  I normally do everything myself, this was a good move.

May have to buy some more powder.  I will be shooting a lot more 45 in the future.  
View Quote

vile = reprehensible, evil
vial = itty, bitty glass tube that holds tritium gas!

<just sayin'>
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

vile = reprehensible, evil
vial = itty, bitty glass tube that holds tritium gas!

<just sayin'>
View Quote
Well he did not have the front slide machined for a dovetail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top