Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2017 6:25:08 PM EDT
I have a guy that offered me a stainless Colt 1991A1 with 4" barrel. He says it's in good condition with very little rounds through it.

So, first of all, how much do these go for stock? And he's done some upgrades to it as following, so what is your opinion of these pistols?

Wilson combat match trigger
Wilson combat high bevartail grip safety
Wilson combat heavy D skeleton hammer
Wilson combat 18LB spring kit
Wilson combat Fire pin spring, mainspring
Wilson combat flared magwell
2 tone walnut grips
Wilson combat ambidextrous safety controls with combat locking pins.
2 wilson combat D-47 8 round mags this gun is all business.
20 LPI front sight

Pics added:

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
How much?

All that custom work doesn't add much. Did he do it or a custom shop?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I think a local gunsmith installed it. He wants to trade for my FDE P320c.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think a local gunsmith installed it. He wants to trade for my FDE P320c.
View Quote

I'd trade.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd trade.
View Quote

Hell yeah.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Safety looks like a mueschke, which is as far from Wilson quality as it gets. Checkering looks to have been half done based on the picture (either the picture flattens the points or he stopped after using the checkering file). I'd take it apart before you decide on the trade to be honest.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd trade
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Decided not to. Went with another gun. Still kind of intrigued by one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
The trouble with 1911 style pistols like this example is you can't verify ( short of a build sheet document or other gunsmith paperwork) if the parts were expertly fitted by someone who knew what they were doing or by a bubba on a picnic table. There are some small local gunsmiths outside of the big names who are highly skilled and some I would not trust to work on a daisy air rifle. 1911's ( more than any other pistol IMO) can go from solid accurate reliable hardware to paperweights because of poor gun smithing. Unless you are able to verify who did the work and that persons reputation, my advice is to avoid purchasing any 1911 style pistol modified at all.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I would avoid that gun.  It has all the earmarks of being a Bubba job, from the gap on the grip safety to the quarter-ass checkering, to the "CARRIE BEVVEL" on the rear of the slide corner, to the broken off nail used to hold the mainspring housing in.   And for the love of JMB, who serrates a front sight at 20 LPI ?  What, are there like 2 lines on it?

That hammer is also not a Wilson part, it's probably a Fusion or some other cheapjack part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top