Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2017 5:20:47 PM EDT
There seems to be a little meat along the top of the AA .22 conversion.  Has anyone milled for a micro red dot?  Considering that the barrel and upper part of the conversion is fixed, would it be possible?  I'm currently building a frame to make the conversion a dedicated pistol and figure I could get the "upper" milled, while I was working on the frame.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Advantage Arms on my G34 for practice at an indoor range that requires factory ammo...I think you will have a function problem with the added weight
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an Advantage Arms on my G34 for practice at an indoor range that requires factory ammo...I think you will have a function problem with the added weight
View Quote

With the Glock conversion, does the entire slide recoil? On the 1911 Target, the barrel and upper part of the slide are fixed. Only the sides of the slide recoil. That's why I was thinking a red dot would work.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The AA conversion for the Glock the whole slide moves.  On the 1911 AA Target I think you could get the pistol to work with a RDS.  The AA target is a copy of the Bob Marvel Target model.  Some of the Marvel style conversions sold with a top rail for adding an optic.  AA might sell a rail for your Target conversion.  The rail would be preferable to me as to having the conversion milled.   There are also lighter recoil springs available for using sub sonic standard velocity ammo in your AA target conversion.

http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AASOS&Product_Code=ScopeMount&Category_Code=1911Parts
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Vascar2 might be right about the rail for the AA.......I have a 1911-22T also and it is one of the most accurate hand guns I own.....I also have the sub-sonic spring for it also!

It is one of the best looking and fitting 22 upper 1911 conversions around......I have mine sitting on top of a kimber target II lower!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a chance to check out the AA rail and I'm pretty sure I'm going to give milling a shot.  I think I can get the dot about a quarter inch lower if it is milled and I don't need to use a picatinny base.  The rail looks good and is fairly inexpensive at only $60, so if the mill work screws up the factory barrel cover, I'm only out $60 and I'm back to mounting via the clamping base.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Let us know how it turns out and I always like looking at pictures of guns.    
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#7]
It will be a while.  I've got a ways to go.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top